Back to Verre Wine Bar#01-05/06, 8 Rodyk Street

coreen13
 • Monday at 12:12pm 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Too expensive for what you get. The food is ok but not something to return for and it took a long time. Wine bottles start at 80 SGD. The place does look great

Michelle Wee
 • 19 Aug 2014 6 reviews 0 follower
Overall
My special other and I enjoyed a lovely dinner at Verre Wine Bar on 10 August 2014. We had made dinner reservations and requested to sit next to the wine cellar, which the restaurant kindly obliged. We were amazed by the quality of the food and wines here! My boyfriend enjoyed a hearty meal of Steak Frites. The steak was simply succulent and flavourlicious, and the straight cut fries were yummy and crispy. I happily tucked into my meal of Beef Bourguignon, which was accompanied by the best mashed potato that I've ever eaten. The mashed potato was silky and heavenly, and although it was not flavoured, it went very well with the Beef Bourguignon, which brought out the strong and rich flavour of the red wine sauce.

Of course, no place to a wine bar is complete without some wine! The boyfriend enjoyed a glass of red wine while me, having an extremely sweet tooth, was highly contented and savouring a glass of dessert wine.

The staff also kindly allowed us to enter the wine cellar and take a lovely photo together. Later, when we asked for desserts recommendations, the staff promptly recommended us to order the Chocolate Lava Cake and Red Berries Creme Bulee. We polished off these desserts within 5 minutes because they were just so heavenly!

Lastly, the staff were polite and attentive, and provided great service.

The restaurant is located along Robertson Quay, and is a lovely place for couples and families to spend a quiet and cosy evening together. I would highly recommend this place, and it's definitely a hidden gem.

The boy and I will be back for another visit with our families soon.

So thank you, Verre Wine Bar, for giving us a lovely and memorable dinner experience! We were so happy to have our 3rd year anniversary dinner here :)

Must tries: Beef Bourguignon, Steak Frites, Chocolate Lava Cake, Red Berries Creme Bulee

After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Anniversary, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find, Large Groups, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates, View/Scenery
  • Beef Bourguignon
  • Steak Frites
  • A lovely photo in the wine cellar

PURPLE
 • 02 Mar 2014 233 reviews 10 followers
Overall
Was enticed by its Happy Hour promotion (till 7pm on weekdays) where one could enjoy a 1-for-1 for every order of champagne by the glass. Applicable to wine by the glass and beers too.

Tried the tarte flambee, paper-thin crust with toppings. Very simple snack.

Service was good. As soon as you finishes the first glass, you'll be automatically served with the +1 glass. That's pretty attentive.

For more pics, you may wish to visit this link.

Chillout