Reviews for Verre Wine Bar

2.9

BeerEuropeanFrenchWesternWine
Address: #01-05/06, 8 Rodyk Street, 238216

Superb meal with wine

Everything we chose just oozed with natural flavour.  The smoked salmon was so light and fresh on the salad and the slivers of sundried tomates added that perfect zest.  The lamb chops came perfectly rose, sweet and tender with a deep red-wine jus(I guess its wine based) and succelent roast veggies.  We ordered a side of their gratin dauphinois - perfect square of it but I wish the helping had been a little bigger. For desert we had the rich lemon tart - a little bit of decadence.  Indeed the star of the evening was the pouilly fume, chilled and generous especially at happy hour prices! Attentive and friendly service.  A definite revisit soon!

• 02 Mar 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Superb meal with wine

• 01 Feb 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

bad service !

Overall
Had been here a couple of times before and found their happy hour good value and service decent but Today was bad! Arrived Sunday at 4pm - their website and FB page says open from 3pm, hungrygowhere says from 5pm (go figure) .. the Closed Sign was up - did a walkabout - arrived back at 4.17pm - a waiter open up the doors, I asked him if it was open and he said yes .. voila my lucky day ! So partner and I sat down at one of the tables outside with 4 chairs (we were the first customers there), then the waiter said "No, you Better sit there" pointed at a smaller table. My mind was like going - okay, that was kinda rude and plus there aint anybody else here - so as i stood up to decide if i was going to move over, i caught a whiff of the alcohol reek coming from the waiter and decided to leave. I'm ok with people in the service line having a drink or 2 but not till you look half-drunk and start ordering your customers around ...
• 27 Oct 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

too expensive

Overall
Too expensive for what you get. The food is ok but not something to return for and it took a long time. Wine bottles start at 80 SGD. The place does look great

Need a table now? Book these restaurants in less than 2 minutes