Summary

Food/Drink3
Service3
Beef Bourguignon, Canele, Chicken Liver Parfait, Chocolate Lava Cake, Filet of Wagyu Beef, Jasmine Tea Verrine, Lamb Chop with Moroccan couscous and mint sauce, Pan-seared lobster with sweet corn, Red Berries Creme Bulee, Seafood Papilotte, St Honore, Steak Frites, Suckling Pig, Tarte Flambee Forest View all
Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout, Relaxed View all

Worth coming back!

Came here for dinner a couple of times and felt that the wine and food were fabulous and value for money.Service staff were warm and friendly too!definitely recommend this place!

Most helpful reviews for Verre Wine Bar

New Upsized Menu At Verre

This wine bar has been around. Recently, they have upsized their menu and now have a full menu which has a range of selections across appetisers, mains and desserts.

On entering the restaurant, you are greeted by high ceilings, and a glass enclosed wine cellar. There are over 750 labels in the cellar. Wine lovers will be spoilt for choice!

I came by for dinner with some friends and here are the highlights:

- Tarte Flambee Forest: $22. 'Filo-ish' pastry with button mushroom and onions which has a nice vinegrette flavour.   - Chicken Liver Parfait: $24. Served in a glass jar, you scoop out some parfait and spread it over the baguette. I like the Australian dehydrated mandarin orange, which was unique and nice. It pairs well with the parfait.

- Half Lobster Salad: $38. Love the presentation of this dish. It's presented in a glass dome. Love the dressing and the 'guacamole' at the bottom of the dish.

- Seafood Papilotte: $30. Break open the oven-baked paper bag for an irresistible aroma and the contents of cut onions, de-shelled prawns, octopus and clams in a fish broth. It's like lobster bisque. In love with this. Lovely.

- Black garlic soup:  $19. At the bottom is a bun, layered with a sesame 'wafer' and topped with a clove of black garlic that had a caramelised vinegrette flavor. Nice.

- Pan-seared Scallop with sweet corn: $38. The sweet corn makes up the bottom of the plate. Garnished with cheese crisps, pop corn and espuma foam. The black konbu atop the scallops are the perfect complement to the scallops. Mildly salty and opens up the appetite.

- Suckling Pig: $42. You get to enjoy 2 types of suckling pig, one roasted and one stewed in this dish. Topped with pieces of Parma ham, whole stewed onions and endives.

- Lamb Chop with Moroccan couscous and mint sauce: $46. Lamb was done well, with a nice searing on the outside and pink fat-layered meat inside. The couscous was also tasty.

- Filet of Wagyu Beef: $62. Filet of Wagyu Beef with a bucket of truffle fries and forest ketchup. This was my meal highlight. It was done medium rare. The forest ketchup is house-made with mushrooms and onions. Has a nice starchy mushroom flavor, which complements the beef. Once you start on the fries, you can't stop!

For desserts, we had:

- Canele: $4. Traditional recipe: Vanilla milk, dark rum, icing sugar, eggs and butter

- St Honore: $10. The St Honoré was made with Pâte Feuilletée, Profiteroles and Vanilla Chantilly. I am totally in love with the Canele, which has a nice crisp exterior and you cut into it to have a soft spongy inside. Really good!

- Jasmine Tea Verrine: $16. Subtle hints of Jasmine tea and I like the different textures of smooth custard and crushed ice when you put your spoon into it. too pretty to eat.

- Vanilla Cheesecake: $17. This was a deconstructed cheesecake.   I like the food here and the staff is more than happy to recommend wines to pair with your food, or to suit your palate for the day. Service is also good.

Superb meal with wine

Everything we chose just oozed with natural flavour.  The smoked salmon was so light and fresh on the salad and the slivers of sundried tomates added that perfect zest.  The lamb chops came perfectly rose, sweet and tender with a deep red-wine jus(I guess its wine based) and succelent roast veggies.  We ordered a side of their gratin dauphinois - perfect square of it but I wish the helping had been a little bigger. For desert we had the rich lemon tart - a little bit of decadence.  Indeed the star of the evening was the pouilly fume, chilled and generous especially at happy hour prices! Attentive and friendly service.  A definite revisit soon!

bad service !

Had been here a couple of times before and found their happy hour good value and service decent but Today was bad! Arrived Sunday at 4pm - their website and FB page says open from 3pm, hungrygowhere says from 5pm (go figure) .. the Closed Sign was up - did a walkabout - arrived back at 4.17pm - a waiter open up the doors, I asked him if it was open and he said yes .. voila my lucky day ! So partner and I sat down at one of the tables outside with 4 chairs (we were the first customers there), then the waiter said "No, you Better sit there" pointed at a smaller table. My mind was like going - okay, that was kinda rude and plus there aint anybody else here - so as i stood up to decide if i was going to move over, i caught a whiff of the alcohol reek coming from the waiter and decided to leave. I'm ok with people in the service line having a drink or 2 but not till you look half-drunk and start ordering your customers around ...

too expensive

Too expensive for what you get. The food is ok but not something to return for and it took a long time. Wine bottles start at 80 SGD. The place does look great

A lovely anniversary dinner along Robertson Quay! This place is seriously underrated.

My special other and I enjoyed a lovely dinner at Verre Wine Bar on 10 August 2014. We had made dinner reservations and requested to sit next to the wine cellar, which the restaurant kindly obliged. We were amazed by the quality of the food and wines here! My boyfriend enjoyed a hearty meal of Steak Frites. The steak was simply succulent and flavourlicious, and the straight cut fries were yummy and crispy. I happily tucked into my meal of Beef Bourguignon, which was accompanied by the best mashed potato that I've ever eaten. The mashed potato was silky and heavenly, and although it was not flavoured, it went very well with the Beef Bourguignon, which brought out the strong and rich flavour of the red wine sauce.

Of course, no place to a wine bar is complete without some wine! The boyfriend enjoyed a glass of red wine while me, having an extremely sweet tooth, was highly contented and savouring a glass of dessert wine.

The staff also kindly allowed us to enter the wine cellar and take a lovely photo together. Later, when we asked for desserts recommendations, the staff promptly recommended us to order the Chocolate Lava Cake and Red Berries Creme Bulee. We polished off these desserts within 5 minutes because they were just so heavenly!

Lastly, the staff were polite and attentive, and provided great service.

The restaurant is located along Robertson Quay, and is a lovely place for couples and families to spend a quiet and cosy evening together. I would highly recommend this place, and it's definitely a hidden gem.

The boy and I will be back for another visit with our families soon.

So thank you, Verre Wine Bar, for giving us a lovely and memorable dinner experience! We were so happy to have our 3rd year anniversary dinner here :)