Summary

lemon lava cake, beef cheeks, Beef ribs, Carbonara, Lamb chops, Pan Seared Sea Scallops, Pork chop, Snapper!, duck confit, pomelo salad, rack of lamb View all
Dinner, Quiet, After Work, Hidden Find, Chillout, Romance/First Dates, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Lunch, View/Scenery, Large Groups/Gathering, Wine Lists, Children/Family, Brunch, Business Dining, Girls Night Out, Private Dining, Boys Night Out, Fine Dining, Supper View all

Loved it!

When one tries to impress the Mrs, it's always hard 'cos they tend to sometimes put the bar higher than we were only dating. Desperate to get a table as I forgot to book a table for our anniv, HungryGoWhere gave a good suggestion - VINEYARD @ HORTPARK.

Imagine taking a walk down a quiet lane and be enchanted by the frenzy of fairies (well in this case servers) as they greet you with a smile that only Ronald MacDonald can match. You will be told to choose between outdoor or indoor seating. But nestled in the lush greens of Hort Park, it's still cooling even outdoors. No, mozzies were kept at bay, maybe I was wrapped up that day.

Wine list was reasonably good and the hose wine was good on the wallet as well as the tastebuds. Now the fun begins..... or shall I say headache? You just want to try ALL the food! Description was hunger inducing and made you fantasize of what tastebud goodness can potentially lead to a loving Anniv Night *wink wink*

Being a meat lover, I just focused on the issue or shall I say choices? Enough variants to make you sweat over, choosing the steak was an OBVIOUS selection. The Mrs choose some weight-watchers staple - SALAD and SOUP so it's quite hard to comment on them besides the salad was saladY and the soup was naturally soupY. But I reckon, in the midst of the trees and some audible fowls flying around, the ROAST CHICKEN dish was suddenly ordered and just like that, down the drain was a supposedly cost-effective dinner. *not true*

I didn't know that meat could be juiced but the tenderness of my dead cow meat was sensational. I could swear I felt dancing fairies on me tongue and coupled by the location itself, the Mrs was impressed. Hubba hubba! The unfortunate winged creature dish came as well and like a deprived meat eater, I took a bite out of that perfectly cooked fowl and swallowed the white meat which was marinated to close perfection. Again, the Mrs was impressed.

So location is spot-on. Food was bang-on. Wine was great. Of course, that was how our first kid was in the making that very night.

Most helpful reviews for Vineyard @ Hort Park

Horrible Experience and no, your beautiful setting did not make up for it.

Went to this horrible place for my hubby's birthday back in Aug 2013 but I think I should warn future patrons about this. What a terrible experience and I'm so sorry to my hubby for ruining his birthday dinner.

I placed online reservations way in advance and in my request, I stated that it was my hubby's birthday and I would like a quiet table. When we arrived, the waiter who was at the door did not even bothered to give us a proper greeting. Then checking on his computer, he just proceeded to walk toward our table, without even looking back at us.

And guess what, the table was smacked right in front of the drinks bar, near the door and the table beside is just 50cm away. Well, I'm not sure how this restaurant classify quiet table, but it wasn't near my standards. So, I turned back to the waiter and informed him that I requested to have quiet table in my reservations. The waiter just bated his eyes and said, well, in that case, I'll have to put you outside under al fresco.

Mind you, there was only 1 table (couple beside us) and us when we arrived, and the place was not even half-filled by the time we finished (on a Sat night furthermore). There were at least 3 tables towards the back of the restaurant that they could have seated us, which remained empty and unoccupied for the entire time that we were there. What kind of service is that?! Why bother asking people for special request when they have absolutely NO INTENTION of acceding to it?!

The food was average and for the price that we paid, we could have gone to a better restaurant with much better food and service. Even if the food was a little less performing in other place, I would have gladly paid for it if the service is good. Dining is not just about the food. It's a total experience. The service and food has to match the expectations of the prices that they charge. It doesn't matter if the food is up to expectations but falls short on service. It just leaves a sour taste and people will only remember how badly behaved your waiter were, not how well the green curry tasted, which wasn't even mention worthy. And the pasta, it was a miserable lump of sorry overcooked/soggy mess with a sauce that tasted like it came out of a bottle from the supermarket, underflavored and salty.

The management of Vineyard @ Hort Park responded to this review:
13 Sep 2013
Dear Diner, Thank you for your feedback. We always welcome honest feedback that helps to improve our service standard. I am very sorry for the experience you had at Vineyard, I would like very much for you to dine at Vineyard again. Please contact me directly for me to make some arrangements for you.

Vineyard @ Hortpark.

The first ever time I came across this picturesque restaurant at the tranquil Hortpark was years ago. I must come here, one day, I thought to myself. Years from then, a good friend of mine brought this restaurant up, while we were talking about food, and she insisted that I must try it. Of course I agreed whole-heartedly. Then months from then, we ended up, there at Vineyard @ Hortpark. I’m not going to deny that Hortpark is inaccessible, but the excitement, eagerness and satisfaction you get from realizing at the end of the day, that the trip there is all worth it, is worth it all. Turn left at the main entrance, right to the Visitors’ Centre or sort, you can find this hidden gem.

The name of the restaurant already sounds posh, and it was when we put the face of the restaurant to the name upon reaching the destination. For a better ambience inside, and outside of the restaurant, go during dinner time! For me, I was so torn between having a seat indoors or outdoors. The indoors was decorated so cozily, air-conditioned. The outdoors on the other hand, was quieter in comparison, and a much more romantic business. Figuring that my friends and I weren’t here exactly for romantic businesses, lol, we headed into the shelter.

I was looking through the menu of the restaurant. Very interestingly, they have a good mix of dominantly Thai, Italian and French cuisines. Of course, it’s called Vineyard for a reason – they house about a hundred different world wine labels. I’d think that it’s a haven for wine-lovers. I also like the fact that they have an interesting array of desserts. Some of which doesn’t look too appetizing like the Warm Lemon Lava Cake, Chantilly Cream, Sesame Tuile. Very disappointingly, they didn’t have it on the day we went there. But I’d be sure to try it the next time I’m there (oh hell yes sure I’ll be there again).

Grilled Prawns in Piquant Dressing with Pomelo Salad ($14++) ::  Abundance of pomelo, but not so much on the grilled prawns. If I didn’t remember wrongly, you can count the number of prawns with a hand. But the awesomeness makes up for the lack of numbers. These prawns are those that cooked to perfection – just right the tenderness, nowhere near hard, tough. These are the ones worth indulging in every inch of it. If you love pomelo too, it’s an extra, extra bonus I’m telling you.

Pizza All Meat, Angus Beef Ragout, Aged Salami, Corona Ham ($22++) ::  Beef content, as you can see. It looks promising, but doesn’t taste as much. I was a tad’ disappointed with it, to be honest. I love cold cuts, hams, salami, but I thought the pizza toppings didn’t bring out the flavors that the individuals could have brought out more distinctly single-handedly.

Oven Roasted Wild Snapper with Seasonal Vegetables, Lemon Caper Noisette ($28++) :: You must be kidding me if you tell me that you’re not drooling after seeing the dish. I love love love the presentation of all the dishes, especially this exotic looking Snapper, coupled with it being oven roasted, one of my favorite types of cooking. It’s well-marinated, no sauce required for it to taste good, although the lemon was a good company. The only thing that bothers me is the container of the course – it makes it hard to cut up the fish and pick it up with ease. Nevertheless, oh who cares, I love it in a nutshell.

Sticky Date Pudding with Butter Scotch, Vanilla Ice Cream ($12++) ::  We were recommended this, and told that the Sticky Date Pudding here isn’t as sweet as some other places serve it. With me already eyeing the dessert even before we ask for recommendation, I pointed it to the waitperson and nodded my head, give me one. True enough, it isn’t as sweet. The Ice Cream complements the Date Pudding well enough it was enjoyable.

I have to compliment their service. It was top-notch. We reached the restaurant at 6pm, but didn’t order until 8pm (we had some agenda, but that’s besides the point). The restaurant was full, but I didn’t feel that we were rushed at all. In fact, I was feeling guilty on our part. I appreciate it a lot. They know their courses well too, and very genuine when serving us, providing us with recommendations. Can you imagine, the whole experience, was just complete with good food, service and definitely ambience. I am too impressed. With that said, it’d be smart to make a reservation if you don’t intend to head there early.

—> Note #1: On weekdays, lunch is from 12pm – 3pm, and then starting their dinner again at 6pm till 11pm for Mon – Thur and 1am for Friday.

—> Note #2: They have a kids corner specially for families on weekends.

Will never return

The restuarant was almost empty on a Sunday afternoon, but service was very slow and unresponsive. We were seated outside and the service staff completely ignored us. We tried to get their attention for a good whole 10 minutes but they just seem to forget to look outside.

We ordered a brunch, a main course and a drink. The brunch took about 20 minutes to serve and the main course, about 30 mins. The drink came almost at the end of our meal. The brunch was bland and the main course was acceptable. The juice which we had waited for such a long time was beyond disappointing. It tasted like syrup and canned fruit.

The drink was terrible - tasted like syrup and canned fruit.

Great service, great ambiance

As a restaurant in HortPark, the ambiance is really nice. Staffs are quite friendly, food are nice as well. But the highly recommended lava cake is too sweet to me.

impecable service, food and ambience

I got to know this place from groupon.
Friendly services
Good starters. The short ribs are delicious. cake is omphhh
Totally worth the purchase. Looking forward to more groupon promos from this restuarant.