Review for Vineyard @ Hort Park

2.8

AsianEuropeanFrenchItalianPizzaThai
Address: #02-02, Hort Park, 33 Hyderabad Road, 119578

Loved it!

When one tries to impress the Mrs, it's always hard 'cos they tend to sometimes put the bar higher than we were only dating. Desperate to get a table as I forgot to book a table for our anniv, HungryGoWhere gave a good suggestion - VINEYARD @ HORTPARK.

Imagine taking a walk down a quiet lane and be enchanted by the frenzy of fairies (well in this case servers) as they greet you with a smile that only Ronald MacDonald can match. You will be told to choose between outdoor or indoor seating. But nestled in the lush greens of Hort Park, it's still cooling even outdoors. No, mozzies were kept at bay, maybe I was wrapped up that day.

Wine list was reasonably good and the hose wine was good on the wallet as well as the tastebuds. Now the fun begins..... or shall I say headache? You just want to try ALL the food! Description was hunger inducing and made you fantasize of what tastebud goodness can potentially lead to a loving Anniv Night *wink wink*

Being a meat lover, I just focused on the issue or shall I say choices? Enough variants to make you sweat over, choosing the steak was an OBVIOUS selection. The Mrs choose some weight-watchers staple - SALAD and SOUP so it's quite hard to comment on them besides the salad was saladY and the soup was naturally soupY. But I reckon, in the midst of the trees and some audible fowls flying around, the ROAST CHICKEN dish was suddenly ordered and just like that, down the drain was a supposedly cost-effective dinner. *not true*

I didn't know that meat could be juiced but the tenderness of my dead cow meat was sensational. I could swear I felt dancing fairies on me tongue and coupled by the location itself, the Mrs was impressed. Hubba hubba! The unfortunate winged creature dish came as well and like a deprived meat eater, I took a bite out of that perfectly cooked fowl and swallowed the white meat which was marinated to close perfection. Again, the Mrs was impressed.

So location is spot-on. Food was bang-on. Wine was great. Of course, that was how our first kid was in the making that very night.

More reviews of Vineyard @ Hort Park

Overall

impecable service, food and ambience

I got to know this place from groupon.
Friendly services
Good starters. The short ribs are delicious. cake is omphhh
Totally worth the purchase. Looking forward to more groupon promos from this restuarant.
Overall

Bad Service. No comments on the food as i left before they can take my order

Walk into the restaurent on a saturday afternoon. Restaurent was not crowded with only a few tables occupied. Was ready to order and wave at the waiter and waitress but nobody bothered to respond. Realised that the other tables have not taken their order yet. Stood up and left after 10 minutes.
Overall

disclaimer: I have not tried the food

Like some of you who had bought the groupon, we were eager to try the food.

We tried going to the restaurant in 2011 on our first anniversary, but we were told that they were fully reserved because of a private event. So this year on our 5th anniversary, we chanced upon the groupon and decided to give it a try again. But. Totally wrong decision, because yet again, they were fully reserved for ENTIRE WEEK (monday to sunday).

Ok, so I thought to myself that the food must be incredibly good. And the staff shared with me over the phone that I could actually still use the groupon even after the expiry date. I was relieved, but not for long when I realised I was only given 2 dates (both Monday) to use the groupon. The staff also didn't sound too happy (despite addressing me "maam" at every start of the sentence) and was in fact very impatient.

Thankfully, I managed to refund my groupon. I know it could be a stressful period for the staff but really, I would appreciate better service, even over the phone. I think it's unfair for me to rate here, so I would just give a thumbs up, but I am not sure whether we would return again.

Bad Service, Bad Food, and a Bad Attitute Manger that needs Retraining

Service sucks big time. Bought a groupon voucher and thought we would be able to enjoy the ambience and serenity of the restaurant in the park. We were unable to make any online reservation for dinner as all the dates from 18 to 30 September were apparently overbooked. We tried calling to make the reservation. No one seems to be picking up the calls. And so we decided to turn up at the restaurant at 6.00 pm, when they start their dinner service. The Filipina waitress told us they were fully booked for the evening. We mention the impossibility of calling for a reservation. She finally gave us an outdoor sitting after consulting her manager. The patio sitting is essentially the "backyard" of the restaurant, with partial view of the Ladies restroom, and facing the walkway. We were essentially there to feed the Aedes Mosquito (no kidding, we took a pic of the mosquito which we managed to whacked while dining). We highlighted the mosquito problem to the manager who told us this is what is expected for outdoor dining. He doesn't seem interested to make the situation any better. And so, we were scratching ourselves while dining. We had plans to try their starters and order wine, but with such discomfort, we had a really quick dinner and left after half and order. All this while, only 2 of the tables in the entire restaurant (indoor sitting) were occupied. And it also seems that groupon voucher users are relegated to outdoor sitting. Another family of 4 were seated at the next table, when we overheard the patron producing the voucher. If the restaurant is going to discriminate against voucher holders, why have this promotion. And groupon vouchers aren't free. We paid for the meal, but yet were treated as if we there for a free meal. And as for the food, nothing to shout about, really. While it was plated beautifully, the Sirloin that I had was dry... really dry like leather. Onion soup was watery and tasteless. Definitely not worth the time, money and the blood loss. Skip the restaurant if you are heading to Hort Park. And if Creative Eateries wants to keep customers coming bad, something needs to be done with your bad attitude manager.
Overall

Bad food and service from the Manager

Ordered some fruit drink and it was overly sweet and undrinkable. Ordered their lemon lava cake which was awful. It felt as if we were eating soap and left a strong bitter aftertaste in our mouths. We could only eat about 2-3 mouths. When we provided feedback to one of the service staff and showed him our untouched dessert, he was nice and offered to provide us some complimentary ice cream. However, this guy then later stomped out and asked us rudely what's the issue and insisted the dessert is "supposed to taste like that". He gave a very black face and told us the guy we spoke to was just a "trainee" and he's the manager. I'm appalled that the trainee had way better standards of customer service than the manager. Never coming back again.