Wall St Bistro has closed.

Summary

Food/Drink4
Ambience4
Service4

Worth a try

Hello!

Ive just had dinner at this quaint little bistro tucked away in the corner of figaro, and well, the food definitely wasn't a disappointment. I decided to write this very first review to share with everyone my dining experience.

Having passed by this place very often in the neighbourhood, my family of 4 decided to take a trip down to try the food there. Despite the menu having limited choices, the food that was served was actually pretty satisfying.

We ordered the calamari, citrus prawn salad, foie gras and truffle fries. The calamari was well, calamari. Nothing spectacular, but at least the squid was coold adequately. The citrus prawn salad was light, refreshing and one of the favourite dishes of the night. The foiegras, being served at 12 dollars for a rather substantial portion, was complementary to the cherry compote served with it, although the bread, if I recall correctly was brioche, was cut a tad too thick. The truffled fries was the highlight of the night, and had us going back for a second order. They were thick fat fries that were fried to order, and the minute the plate was served, you could smell the tantalizing aroma of the truffle. Definitely a must have.

The mains were well, average. The aglio olio was rather light, good for someone who has a smaller appetite. I wouldn't recommend the weiner schnitzel that I ordered. It was overlooked and lacked the oomph factor. The steak sandwich, not the best, but adequate with a crispy bread and a substantially sized steak.

The desserts followed after, with the apple tart, a light puff pastry with slices of apple on top. Not bad, but could do with more caramelization of the apples. The burnt sugar, a gula melaka infused custard, with a bruleed top. Pretty good. Not the best, but good.

I would definitely recommend this place for the appetizers. So do make it a point to visit and well, support them because I do actually still want to go back again. Thanks for your time! Hope you give them a try!

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Wall St Bistro

The best Fish and Chips is hidden in the East

Went there to have lunch and ended up coming back for dinner.

My favorite Starters in sequence of preference: possibly the best Calamari, Truffle Fries (thick fries with some truffle seasoning, perfect!), French Onion Soup, Miso Carrot Soup, Escargot with button mushroom, Meatball with melted cheese.

My favorite main dish in sequence of preference: Catch of the day (pan fried white fish), Fish and Chips, Spring Chicken, Steak, Lamb Shank.

By the time we finished our main course, we have very little room to add, but the recommended Granny Smith Apple Tart desert topped with vanilla ice cream is simply too good to miss. It is the best apple tart! We left utterly satisfied.

Service is friendly and efficient. Location is a little hidden.