Back to Watami#01-33, Junction 8 Shopping Centre, 9 Bishan Place

Ala Carte3 votes

Bishaner
 • 25 Aug 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Waited in queue patiently for about 15mins on a Sunday night, got our seats at around 8pm. Ordered kara miso ramen and a suki saki with beef + ocha. The ramen arrived quickly enough but i found the soup too salty and there it is not spicy at all. It does look exactly as the picture describes : ramen with one miserable slice of pork. The ocha did not arrive until we asked for it 15 mins later. The suki yaki also did not arrive until we asked for it after i had already finished the ramen and realised the suki yaki has not arrived. They had actually forgotten our order and immediately brought it to us within 5mins. Overall, i did not enjoy the food nor the service and i will not return again.

Hazelleo
 • 07 Mar 2014 69 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Evelyn and I had an impromptu dinner on one of the weekdays after work (Date Visit: 27/1/2014). We decided Bishan Junction 8 to be the meeting point. It is situated conveniently at Bishan MRT Station. Since she is craving for ramen, we headed to Watami restaurant for dinner. It was a late dinner around 9 pm. We get our queue number from the queue machine in front of the restaurant while waiting patiently for the staff to call us in.
It is an hour away from closing time. Thus, the restaurant atmosphere was quite quiet and cosy. I usually dine in during peak hours and I can hear noises coming from many different tables. It was a perfect moment for us to have a cosy chit chat session.
Here are the choice of dishes we ordered :-
Kara Miso Ramen @S$13.30++
Spicy miso ramen with pork slice served in a big bowl. The serving time is within 10 minutes. The soup broth was thick enough. Although it is called spicy miso ramen, we do not really taste the spiciness. Nevertheless, the overall taste suits Evelyn’s taste bud. She doesn’t feel too greasy or creamy after finishing the whole bowl.
Ishiyaki Steak Don @S$14.30++
Short Ribs rice in sizzling stone pot. Usually dishes served in sizzling stone pot will have slightly longer waiting time. So, if you do not want to wait, you might consider other choices available in the menu. I love the tenderness of the short ribs marinated with the sauce. It is quite juicy and compliments well with the rice served in the stone pot. The stone pot is still in hot temperature when I whipped off the dish.
Hot Ocha were ordered to go with the meal. Service staff was quite prompt re-filling our green tea. Overall, we had a pleasant dining experience.
Total bill was S$32.50 which includes 7% GST & 10% GST.

After Work, Dinner, Lunch

SCS C
 • 15 Nov 2013 236 reviews 1 follower
Overall
hotos and more: http://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2013/11/13/watami-japanese-restaurant-somerset/

this casual japanese eatery falls rather in the lower bound of mid-range japanese restaurants in singapre – the food is decent enough for hump day (and any of those tough-going weekday nights), the menu extensive enough for repeat visits, and the price low enough to encourage the latter. think of this almost as a japanese cha chan teng – casual, family-friendly, but certainly not the sort of restaurant you bide time in.

it’s a large extensive menu – almost confusing in the sheer choice you’re offered – all of which were decent. it’s easier to judge this all as food-court style japanese food (by which I mean decent interpretations of the cuisine rather than any skillful expert execution) – it’s certainly economical enough for you to visit and make your own judgement.

I recommend staying away from the split-in-half mackerel dish though – it’s of the the slightly sundried, salted variety that’s rather harsh on the tongue and causes a heck of a thirst (unless that’s what you’re going for, of course).
After Work, Ala Carte, Cheap Eat/Budget, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Vibrant/Noisy
  • squid