Review for Watami (Junction 8)

AsianJapanese
Hazelleo • 07 Mar 2014 • 70 Reviews • 1 Follower

Impromptu Dinner

Evelyn and I had an impromptu dinner on one of the weekdays after work (Date Visit: 27/1/2014). We decided Bishan Junction 8 to be the meeting point. It is situated conveniently at Bishan MRT Station. Since she is craving for ramen, we headed to Watami restaurant for dinner. It was a late dinner around 9 pm. We get our queue number from the queue machine in front of the restaurant while waiting patiently for the staff to call us in. It is an hour away from closing time. Thus, the restaurant atmosphere was quite quiet and cosy. I usually dine in during peak hours and I can hear noises coming from many different tables. It was a perfect moment for us to have a cosy chit chat session. Here are the choice of dishes we ordered :- Kara Miso Ramen @S$13.30++ Spicy miso ramen with pork slice served in a big bowl. The serving time is within 10 minutes. The soup broth was thick enough. Although it is called spicy miso ramen, we do not really taste the spiciness. Nevertheless, the overall taste suits Evelyn’s taste bud. She doesn’t feel too greasy or creamy after finishing the whole bowl. Ishiyaki Steak Don @S$14.30++ Short Ribs rice in sizzling stone pot. Usually dishes served in sizzling stone pot will have slightly longer waiting time. So, if you do not want to wait, you might consider other choices available in the menu. I love the tenderness of the short ribs marinated with the sauce. It is quite juicy and compliments well with the rice served in the stone pot. The stone pot is still in hot temperature when I whipped off the dish. Hot Ocha were ordered to go with the meal. Service staff was quite prompt re-filling our green tea. Overall, we had a pleasant dining experience. Total bill was S$32.50 which includes 7% GST & 10% GST.
Recommended for