Review for Wild Honey (Scotts Square)

3.3

AmericanAsianBelgianEuropeanInternationalItalianJapaneseLatin AmericanMexicanVietnamese
Address: Level 3, Scotts Square, 6 Scotts Road, 228209
11 Jul 2014
Overall

Nice ambiance, not too shabby

I love the space. the natural light and the breeze was just perfect.

Its not easy to find a spot like this in Singapore , its beautiful and a perfect spot for afternoon brunch

The food? Its alright. nothing to show about. but wow the space is nice!

More reviews of Wild Honey

All day breakfast

This is one of the very few places in Singapore where you can get all day breakfast! Taking a look at the menu will make you feel that you are traveling around the world with all the different kind of breakfast that is available for your pleasure consumption. One of my favorite breakfast item will be the English breakfast. The eggs are cooked just nice and the bacon crispy yet not oily! go try out other breakfast available I can promise you that you will never regret it

Timed to dine

It's very disappointing that restaurants in Singapore are starting to embrace policies that limit customers to dine in for a limited amount of time. A meal is a necessity in our everyday lifes and if best, enjoyed with families and friends' company. Imagine that now you are told to eat quickly and leave yourself with about 30 minutes to have a chat and catch up. All these after paying so much to dine in. In such a fast pace society, one cannot even afford a lazy slow Sunday brunch anymore where restaurants encourage you to eat and get out asap. The funny thing was I expected reservations or a long queue if we were asked to eat quickly but there were empty tables in the restaurant.

Fair enough, my two friends and I were informed of the 90 minutes dining "rule" before we ordered our meals and that immediately spoils the experience of dining here. The moment our orders was taken, the waitress spoke to the manager who set us down and took a long look at her watch. The time was set and the race has started. No doubt, we enjoyed our expensive meals. The bread was fluffy and good. The coffee was too acidic to my liking. There was no big issues with the food but the moment we were sat in our seats, we felt that we were being timed and watched. When we finished our meals, plates were cleared quickly and we were not even being asked if we wanted anything more. No water served till we asked for it. When 90 minutes was up, a manager came with the EFTPOS machine and made us pay up. We thought this was the very obvious cue for us to go so we did. When we left, there was still no queue outside the restaurant.

How restaurants made up this "90 minutes" rule is disappointing and illogical. A restaurant with such ambience and you can't enjoy it does not make sense. A restaurant that does not value customers after 90 minutes does not make sense. Asking everyone to dine within 90 minutes is as good as telling all diners that you can only dine and have a short conversation before you can go find somewhere else to talk. I've been to cafes that reject or told customers to wait if it is full-house. They treat every dining customers with the best service, it doesn't even matter if they are there for coffee or breakfast. This sort of service is undesirable and I for sure, would not return to be timed to dine.

Bad Service and expensive

The moment i walk in and when my food is serve i am ask to finish by 1.5 hrs time. When i asked for water i am asked to take myself!!!! If so you should take away the service charge!!!!!
That is not the best part.... when i was drinking my coffee and i did not asked for any bill check and they keep pestering pay money!!!!
I pay for so much money for my breakfast and i want to enjoy it and they say someone need the table and asked me to leave!!!
If you want enjoy yr breakfast over the weekend please do not go there if u want to chill n slowly eat yr breakfast!!!!!!

The nauseous Norwegian

The low rating is not because of the taste of the food, the ambience of the restaurant, or the service of the staff. It's more of the cleanliness of the food.

I had the Norwegian. Right after the meal, I started to feel very nauseous, and light-headed and this feeling continued for at least 3 hours until I reached home. I almost wanted to puke on the way home. The food poisoning could be due to the rawness of the egg, or the contamination of smoked salmon. I have no idea, but I highly doubt if I would ever come back again, or recommend it to anyone at all. This dining experience sadly wasted my whole Saturday afternoon.

To be netural, Food wise, the food did taste normal and portion was generous. Ambience wise, it's kind of relaxing and I would say it's a great hangout place with friends over the weekends. Service wise, very average. We were told that we could only stay for 60min, sharing table, because the table was reserved after that, which I highly doubt so because when we were about to leave there were no queue outside of the restuarant at all. You have to take your own water.

Utter disappointment!

Absolutely speechless at being asked to leave as our 60 minutes was up! That's right, you are only allowed to stay for 60 minutes on a weekend, or so the waitress and manager said the Sautrday my friend and I were there. We were asked to pay our bill and leave. No mention of a time limit upon seating. Food delivery took at least 35 minutes. The meals are expensive for breakfast, I expect to be allowed to enjoy it. NEVER AGAIN!