Wo Peng Cuisine (Furama City Centre Hotel) (和平饭店)

Summary

Poon Choy, Yu sheng, Peach Resin Vegetables, Smoked duck, Chicken Almond Soup, Soup, Hawthorn Jelly, Cod Fish, steamed cheong fun, carrot cake xo sauce, Beef Ribs, Crispy fish skin, Glutinous rice, Har gao, Nian gao, Salted egg yolk bun (liu sha bao), Yam paste, chicken ginseng soup, deeo fried fish skin, dim sum, lobster bun, seafood porridge, skewer siew mai View all
Children/Family, Anniversary, After Work, Business Dining, Ala Carte, Brunch, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Corporate Events, Large Groups/Gathering, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find, High Tea, Festivals, Graduation, Healthy Eating, Large Groups, Lunch, Chillout, Formal Events, Fine Dining, Private Dining, Wheelchair Friendly, Business Breakfast, Take Away, Weddings, Vegetarians, Nice Deco, Quiet, Night Out, Relaxed, Cheap Eat/Budget, Parties, Delivery, Romance/First Dates View all

Highly recommended for cantonese food!

好的食物,能感动我
师傅的用心,每个人都吃得出

Been here for a few times, and now I'm thinking of planning my ROM here. Food is perfect as usual, it's so spacious, children can run around, ederly can come in wheelchair. Also the nice private rooms.

Hard to find such quality food nowadays without burning the pocket like Wo peng. Must order the soup, fish, poon choy, vegetables, crispy fish skin, dessert. If anyone else is thinking of holding ROM here, the dishes are plated very very bit pots and beautifully. Two thumbs up~

The furama decor is more traditional, reminds me of Hong kong restuarnat style. Very relaxing and at your pace. Servers will not chase you away. They are extremely polite and helpful and would  make such a good impression with guests at ROM.

The serangoon branch is very vibrant and more packed with tables. Beautiful floral private rooms.

Most helpful reviews for Wo Peng Cuisine (Furama City Centre Hotel)

Avoid at all cost!!!

Service was slow, even when there was only 3 table, we have to wait for the menu to be bring to us only after the other table placed their order!!!

Food was as salty as eating salt directly, and quite overpriced, and the tea have some wired smell.  The pekking duck also overrated.

Having feedback to the manager, and all she did is to advised us to inform the cheft to be less salty for our future visit....errrrrhhhhh will there ever be a next visit, never!!!!

This is the worst dinner we had in a chinese restaurant, what a waste of money!!!!!!

Not as good as the Macpherson outlet

It was a homecoming of sorts as Chef Julian Tam of Wo Peng expanded on the Wo Peng brand name to include a new outlet at the site where he used to ply his trade years ago. Well almost.

Located on the 3rd floor of Furama Hotel, just one level below Furama Palace where Chef Tam used to preside over, Wo Peng carries a rather traditional Chinese decor with its gold table cloths and red carpet. They are probably targeting the older crowd.

Kampong Chicken - First thing that struck me about this dish was how yellow the chicken was. I have nothing against yellow chicken but this was really at one end of the scale. Initial shock aside, the chicken meat was tender but tasted merely like lightly salted chicken. Some people would probably appreciate the simplicity of it all, but not me. I personally prefer my chicken to be more flavourful.

Smoked Duck - The main reason why I love dining at Wo Peng - The ever so flavourful smoked duck. Although I must admit that standards at the Furama outlet seem to be a little lower than that of the Macpherson outlet, the duck still oozed goodness. Tender, reddish meat with smokey overtones. Tasted a little like ham. The 5 of us had the biggest serving but no, it still wasn't enough.

Stuffed Homemade Beancurd - This dish was something different. Meat paste surrounded by beancurd and wrapped up in beancurd skin. Personally I didn't find it fantastic as there was a mishmash of textures and no outstanding flavours.

Steamed Cod with Garlic - I love cod but this was a little overcooked which resulted in the flesh being firmer than desired. However, the copious amount of garlic atop managed to salvage the situation a little. I'm just biased because I love garlic too.

Asparagus with Scallop in XO Sauce - Plentiful scallops with the asparagus crunchy and not overcooked, what's not to like? Well, nothing except for maybe the price, which at $42++, was a little steep honestly.

With a $30 voucher I got from dining at Wo Peng's Macpherson outlet just a couple of weeks back, dinner for the 5 of us cost something to the tune of $137. Reasonable but save for the smoked duck, nothing else was good and portions weren't exactly big. I should probably just stick to the Macpherson outlet in future.

Must try restaurant! A great find

Truly humbled by the great food here. It is the knid that makes me and my guests happy and everyone had good words for it. Good job wo peng. The type of restaurant that is so humble, every customer means a lot to them. And makes us feel so special. Thank you for making our night always!

Pick any dish you like, or get recommendations from the well expereinced staff. Every time we're here, although some times it is a different waitress, but they are all very well versed in the menu knowledge and truly eager to serve. Great great job!

Exquisite food! Very prompt service

Exquisite poon choy. This item is daily available and my friends and I absolutely ate all of it! YUMMY! Do order it be it chinese new year or not. Very affordable at $38/pax instead of going by grams.

The service was also very quick, they really do what you ask. If you let them know you're in a rush, they really hurry up the food for you. Thank you Wo Peng for your help! And the great food!