Reviews for Wo Peng Cuisine (Furama City Centre Hotel) (和平饭店)

2.5

AsianCantoneseChinese

Above average food quality

We were there on a Friday evening and I am surprised to see only 3 tables (including ours). Ordered the fried chicken, claypot rice, brocolli with crab roe and the double-boil corn-porkrib soup. Food was rather good and service staff was prompt to attend to the plate change and topping up of tea. Deserve a returning visit.
• 19 Feb 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Decent food marred by poor service

Overall
We booked this place for dinner for the first day of the lunar new year. What would have ended as a normal night of dinner amongst friends with festive chatter over various servings of decent tasting dishes (not particularly outstanding for any particular dish but absolutely no complaints), turned a little sour for us. Sour enough for me to write this review to highlight a simple service mistake and oversight on their part.

One of the main dishes that we ordered was a kampung chicken dish that never came. After almost all our dishes were served, we informed the server who was assigned to our table about the matter. He assured us it would be on its way, and even joked that the kitchen was "catching" the chicken. Never mind that I thought the joke was misplaced, I was just looking forward to the dish being served.

Several minutes later, much to our dismay, another lady staff wearing specs, came up to us to inform that the chicken was sold out and ask us to replace with another order instead. No apologies. We were peeved. We told the staff that it was obvious that they had forgotten about our order. They did not admit to it and just said that the kitchen side had miscounted the number of chickens they had.

I have dined in many Chinese restaurants, and I must say this is the first experience of receiving notice of a sold out dish order very late into the dinner without any apology. To me, this would be the first and last time I would visit a place like this. There are numerous options in the culinary scene that I can better opt for.

• 21 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Wo Peng at Furama Hotel

Overall
When my friends and I went there on a Sunday evening, there were only few patrons. But service was slow and bad. I used a Groupon Sri Lankan crab voucher but the crabs that came were not Sri Lankan crab. However the manager was defensive and insisted that they were Sri Lankan crab. We also ordered other dishes which were recommended by the manager. The dishes were so so. Overall experience is no good and I will not return. Although the restaurant tried to promote itself by selling Groupon but it defeated its purpose as staffs' attitude changed to very bad as soon as we mentioned that we were using Groupon. Definitely won't recommend this place to any of my friends.
• 26 Dec 2014 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

traditional but too salty

Overall
Every dish is too salty, including vege, clay pot, pork belly. Surprising the fish soup put in too much pepper. The egg York crab is ok,