Xian Pin Guo Steamboat has closed.

Summary

garlic fried rice, chilli sauce, house special prawns, drumlets, sambal lala, Barley waters, Clams, Herbal soup, fish slice, spring onion ginger lala, spring roll View all
Buffet, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Cheap Eat/Budget, Vibrant/Noisy, After Work, Boys Night Out, Supper, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find View all

Still the best steamboat for me.

I am a regular of xian pin guo and decided to write another review because of the recent groupon promo I have bought. However I am surprised with the review from kok wee lim and has to disagree with him on a few items. On the groupon promo, it was stated that seafood items and drinks are not included and they were not in small prints. And I thought $10.50 was really a very reasonable price to have a nice steamboat buffet....furthermore it is one of my fave steamboat buffet. And I realised all their reviews so far are pretty good too.

When I went there with my family on last Thursday, the service and food quality and taste remained as good as before. It was really a good dinner, also thinking the fact that it was ala-carte buffet and we were able to order as much as we could finish. The time we spent in looking for a carpark lot on that day was worthwhile. Having said that, I also hope the no. of carpark lots can be improved at that area.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Xian Pin Guo Steamboat

Steaming pot of happiness

Xian Pin Guo located near the Dunman Food Court of Joo Chiat road which slightly away from the action of scenery that has been causing the MP and Polices in Joo Chiat some headache. As there are more and more eateries opening up in Joo Chiat, you will need to exercise some patient in finding a car park especially during dinner time.

So what do they offer, steamboat buffet for $16.80+ (adult) & $8.80 (child). Some of the sample of the steamboat items that they have:

Slice meat � pork, beef & mutton

Balls � pork, sotong, fishball, crab balls, fuzhou fishballs

Wantons, dumplings, scallops roll

Fresh Prawns

Sausage, luncheon meat & Crab stick � to make the children happy

But what are the things that will make you come back for more:

House Spicy Lala

House Special Prawn

Sambal Sotong

Chicken Drumlets

Basically this place offer the value for money experience. Their ingredients are fresh and they offered 3 soup base, of Tomyum, Chicken and Herbal Chicken to choose from. You can have 2 soup base in a pot. No MSG are used on the soup base as I don't feel the need to rehydrating myself after the meal.

Service are good and attentive. The ambiance is cool, clean and not as steamy as other steamboat place. Definitely another good option for food in this area. :)

Please note that this review is base on invitation from HGW for food tasting.

Add it to the List

Steamboat restaurants in buffet style has been spouting around Singapore for the last few years. Partly due to the increase in popularity, and the different steamboat is no longer just a festival feast during Chinese new year. With the increase in demand the choice of real quality streamboat and freshness becomes an essential aspects to have.

The restaurant is tuck in the midst of Joo Chiat Road along the rustic shophouses, right at the corner after the junction of dun am road and Joo Chiat Road.

There are three type of soup base to choose from, chicken herbal, chicken and tom yum. The soup were really tasting, like real broiled soup from raw ingredients, it was concentrated and i didnt have to throw in prawns or corns to cook my own soup. Personally i like the herbal and tom yum soup. The menu for the ala carte buffet steamboat are quiet selective but sufficient. There's 60+ items on the menu to choose from so don't worry about running out of choice. The prawns, mutton, pork slice and beef slice were very fresh and did I mention, it's defrost -- nothing like the frozen buffet spread you would normally see, where u have to crack apart the food or wait for it to defrost. I also like the fact that the food are served by the waiter, the only self-service were apply to the cooked rice, garlic rice and the ice-creams.

On the menu you will find some cooked food as well. The die die must tries are the house special prawns, ginger & spring onion clam(la la), deep fried drumlets, and the fried spring rolls. It's served hot, so you can wait for it over steamboat as its being cooked by the chef.

Overall this is one of the best steamboat I have had and I didn't sweat at all cause its fully air-conditioned. The price is really reasonable, buffet $16.80+ for adult and $8.80+ for children. Normally, the only steamboat that I would travel for are my usual hunt at parkway and my family reunion dinner. After tonight I'm definitely add Xian Pin Guo to my list.

Just a note to steamboat lovers, I found out later from the owner, weekends are usually overpack and sometimes they have to turn away guests due to the space constraint. The weekdays would be a better opinion if u want some warm hot food for dinner.

A cool steamboat dining experience

Picture eating steamboat and you'll see people perspiring. This restaurant has 3 new airconditioning units blasting cold air to cool the folks down, and has added zi car dishes and ice cream too!

Ambience: It's a cool place, comfortable tables and chairs, and no rushing for food because they serve you the food at your table. Parking is a problem along Joo Chiat, but thankfully, there is a open car park nearby.

Food: They've the works for steamboat, almost all the dishes you can think off in a steamboat: pork, beef, sotong, golden mushrooms, vegetables, fishball, sotong ball, sausages, mock crab legs, soybean skin, wanton, check out the photo for the list of things. My favourites were: Soy bean skin, soy bean skin with fishpaste, beef, pork, sotong, vegetables. The added feature is that you have garlic friend rice and you can order zi car dishes for free too - favourites are their clams in garlic, prawns with mushroom, and sotong in sambal sauce. Ending with strawberry icecream !! A great deal for $16.80. ($8.80 for kids)

Value: Good value

Service: Not stingy on serving you endless plates of the expensive dishes e.g. beef, pork, clams. Friendly and helpful

Great food but....

I have frequented this place since back when it first opened up for business.

The food has always been good and it still is - although it's rather pricey.  The soup base is peppery/rich and the fishball and beef is to die for.

However - one thing has definitely changed - the service and friendly staff.  I guess they were hungry for business when it first started business.  Now that it's gained a name for itself, the service standards has dropped quite badly.  Some of the staff border on being arrogant!  That spoils the dining experience for me.  I was just there this evening and the cashier's attitude left much to be desired.

Sad - cos this is my favourite steam boat place - but I dont think I am going back ever again.

Great steamboat buffett spot

One+of+the+best+steamboat+places+around,+and+at+a+good+price

I strongly recommend the tom yam soup base - full of flavour.
The fish meat is fantastic, really soft and melts in your mouth, esp when immersed in the tom yam soup base
I like the chicken meat too and the fish balls