Reviews for Yomenya Goemon (CityLink Mall)

AsianEuropeanFusionItalianJapanesePizzaWestern
OYHZ

It's worth trying! :)

Have visited almost all the branches of Yomenya Goemon
Click here for pictures of my most recent visit (Star Vista outlet)

Food is good. I particularly like the lobster bisque pasta!
Love the fact that the restaurant always have promotions with scb cards ;) Makes the set meals very value-for-money.

Would prefer the ambience of the marina bay link branch probably cos it's more quiet. Service seems to be more attentive there as well.
28 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Poor service standards

It's been 2 years since I last patronised this outlet. The food and service standards, as I remembered, was decent with nothing to fault. this visit was however different. While the food was still as good, service standards have obviously not kept pace. First, when we asked for warm water, we were served almost boiling water (thanks for trying to scald our tongues). Next, the clumsy waitress almost dropped the plate while serving the food, with the pasta almost slipping off the plate and the ingredients falling off onto the table. I was almost certain that the waitress' long sleeved uniform came into contact with the pasta, but she promptly picled up the dropped ingredients and went away without a single word of apology. Thirdly, this same waitress (bespectacled girl with pony tail) sneaked over suspiciously and quietly placed the bill right in front of me (without us asking, immediately after our empty plated were cleared) before slipping away as quietly as she came, all along with me staring at her. She must have deluded herself into thinking that by doing so, no one would be able to see her come and that we will be in awe that the bill had magically appeared on our table! How rude was that?! Not a single word was uttered! Finally, this seemingly mute waitress (she wasnt- she shouted arigatou gozaimasu to no one in particular when she was walking over to the cashier after having us wait there for 1 min and the place was not crowded) attended to us for our payment. She merely pointed at the billing amount on the printed receipt without uttering a single word again before swiping the card. It is such poorly trained staff that taints the notoriously low standards in Singapore's service industry. Will never go back again.
27 Nov 2012 • 60 reviews • 0 follower

It's worth trying! :)

Have visited almost all the branches of Yomenya Goemon
Click here for pictures of my most recent visit (Star Vista outlet)

Food is good. I particularly like the lobster bisque pasta!

Hokaido Soup Pasta
22 Nov 2012 • 3 reviews • 23 followers

A surprise place found!

Was looking for a food place with a friend last night around cityhall area. Haven't been there for a while so was at a lack of ideas when we finally decided to explore citylink. Decided to try this place though made me think of Waraku Spaghetti.  There was some fixed set meals which gave us a headache choosing. Off my memory, may not be accurate.  1. Regular set - regular Spaghetti + salad + soup + drink ($19.50 ++) 2. Large set - Large Spaghetti + salad + soup + drink ($21.50++) 3. Dessert set - regular + Spaghetti + salad + soup + drink + dessert ($21.50++) 4. Half-half (2 smaller portion Spaghetti) + soup + drink / dessert (take dessert of course!) ($21.50++) In the end I think the best deal was no. 4!  If you have Standchart card you get to have no. 1 at $16. For the three of us we ordered 1x no. 2, 1x no. 3, 1x no. 4 (two guys 1 girl). Think we couldn't finish the food, even the dessert :P Overall spent $25 each (bill came to about $75).  Good surprise, nice find!