Summary

Service3
butter chicken, Dum Chicken Biryani, garlic naan, aloo gobi tandoor mixed grill, Tandoori malai and Chicken Tikka Combination platter, Tandoori Naan; Dum Mutton Briyani; Butter Chicken; Kashmiri Naan; Cheese Naan; Mutton Murtabak, khatti meethi gobi, Cheese Nan, Chef sampler for 2, Gajar Kahalwa, Paneer & Tandoori Chicken, Tandoori Chicken, chicken and mutton briyani, plain roti prata, turkey biryani View all
Dinner, After Work, Children/Family, Lunch, Chillout, Large Groups/Gathering, Vibrant/Noisy, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Business Dining, Girls Night Out, Anniversary, Supper, Vegetarians View all

My favourite supper place!

The interior that first attracted me.

And what keep me coming back is the awesome FOOD.
 Overall the food on their menu is very good. But I love their tandoori Chicken & cheese nan! The consistency and high quality of food really set the bar high.

The staffs are friendly and helpful!

Good food worth the wait, so come early or book in advance.

Most helpful reviews for Zaffron Kitchen (East Coast Road)

Avoid if you are bringing your outside food for your children

My first visit was wonderful. The Briyani was simply delicious combined with other dishes. We brought our girl and her Mcdonalds food since she can't take spicy yet. No issue with the staff.

Recently we returned and I bought Mcdonalds food for my girl as well. However, we were told no outside food. I respect the rule no outside food however it should not apply to young kids whom do not take spicy food.

The male staff were ok but there is this female staff whom insist the rule and keep insisting that my kid can take the spicy food. What a moron!!!

In the end, we all have to leave. I am not going back again.

For all parents, please take note if you are bringing outside food for your kid.

Not worth at all. Poor service. Rude and inconsiderate staff

my family along with our relative from UK visited on 11-11-2012 around 8.45 pm. The table that we choose had stains which when told to staff, he replied"It was cleaned sir". without further arguing we moved to another table. We asked for warm water and jug of orange juice. we got water and jug without giving second glass.it was left for us to manage. we got glasses only when asked couple of times. The person who took order totally confused us and recommended wrongly. We ordered at 9pm and the food was supposed to come by 9.20. At 9.25 the manager- an indian lady came to us and kind of threatened us "any last order -our kitchen is closing", even before we got what we had ordered earlier. We managed to order some roti's in excess to avoid dissapointment. Food was OK..We had to stretch our hands out to get lassses refilled with water. My 8 yr old daughter wanted to have Hot chocolate drink while we were about to finish the dinner ~10pm. I guess its not difficult to make it specialy for a child. I requested to the staff for the child, but the manager refused saying " I already told you, that was the last order, you shold have decided earlier". When the bill came I expressed my displeasure of the overall experience at restaurant..Initially she said that the person who misinformed us was a trainee then me and my guest told her that ;its fine, but you should put a tag on his uniform as Trainee' so that we also can know and if needed we can seek help of senior staff to order..With this the lady got upset saying   "dont teach us how to train a staff", She was so rude that instead of apologising, said that it was we who don't undersstand how to order, we  are the ones who misunderstood. I told her that I would complain about her behavior to her senior, she then said "Go ahead, I know what I am doing"...She left without taking the credit card. After few minutes a guy came to tell that we have to pay the bill at the counter and not at the table...We payed the bill and left. I would not recommend this place. There are many other indian restaurants on est coast road like Kashmir and Bazaar where the food is great and service is excellent. Zaffron seems to be over-rated and definitely not worth even a try.

Zaffron Kitchen @ East Coast Road

For the complete post with uploaded pictures and quoted prices, please view:

Since the Katong area is well- known for being one of the most popular food havens within the country; a stretch that is full of many reputed restaurants with quite a competitive history, it is definitely an achievement for the newly established Zaffron Kitchen to be able to garner a sizeable following within less than a year or so. Offering a remarkably wide array of Indian plates ranging from their crowd- pleasing curry dishes to meat cuts from their traditional Tandoor, the restaurant is motivated to serve their customers with the freshest ingredients and the purest spices.

From the walls concocting of red bricks to the the raw cemented floor with vintage- looking titles, then the Moori Deer Ingo spider lamp to the use of contemporary wooden furniture, Zaffron Kitchen is furnished with seemingly European industrial touches and one can’t help but concur that it appears to be nothing like a traditional Indian restaurant. The hip-looking eatery features a theatre- style kitchen near the entrance for kids (or adults) to catch the perspiring chefs at work and she further establishes herself as a family- friendly restaurant from the set- up of a playground area and an enticing popcorn- making machine for kids.

Tandoori Chicken; generously spiced, commendably marinated with yoghurt and well- complemented with the subtle sour zing from a tinge of lemon juice, the scrumptious chunks of chicken were able to retain their juices just as well. Grilled to near perfection, the perfectly sized classic Tandoori Chicken were certainly made for a satisfying plate to share. An entire whole Tandoori Chicken is available at a cost of $25.00 for those with plenty of space in their stomachs.

Dum Mutton Briyani; a featured number from the eatery that is definitely not to be missed, whiffs of spices filled the air as we broke open the light Naan- like dum with a fork and spoon- a clear demonstration of a dish that was made with care and with good ingredients. We could not get enough of the aromatic and slightly fluffy Basmati rice that harboured chunks of savoury mutton, both constituents that went exceptionally well with one another.

Lightly bathed in creamy curry, the Aloo Gobi Masala was a pleasantly surprising and tasty option indeed. Though it could have risked being too monotonous after a few tries, the gravy was fortunately able to deliver the distinct accents- tangy and sweet- to provide the bold balance the dish would require. Furthermore, I found the complimentary flavours and differing soft textures of the boiled cauliflower and potatoes to be wonderfully comforting.

Butter Chicken; a signature item that could be spotted on almost every table during our visit, we found it incredibly hard to refrain ourselves from the number from Zaffron Kitchen and if that was not convincing enough, we polished the dish clean (with our Naan). Swathed in a thick and luscious mix, the sizeable tender portions of Chicken were simply show- stopping as the remarkable flavours from both the meat and gravy worked their magic on our taste buds. Highly recommended, the Butter Chicken is yet another must- try should you pay a visit to the restaurant.

Kadhai Jhinga; filled with succulent prawns that offered plenty of bite, the piquant sauce of tomatoes, chilli flakes, onions and peppers were further enhanced, being additionally lifted by the earthy hints of cumin and the grassiness of coriander. Though the Kadhai Jhinga was robustly seasoned, I found it to be a tad too spicy on the palate.

Easy to please, it was a toothsome delight accompanying our selection of Naan with the various gravy dishes. Many of us liked the Kashmiri Naan the most and for me, I had taken pleasure in the studded chopped nuts and preserved fruits that offered a textural contrast to the chewy Naan and that they were gratifyingly sweet even on their own. Resistance was futile when it came to the Cheese Naan as well, for they went excellent with the full-bodied gravy of the Butter Chicken. The Garlic ones were dependably good too.

As expected, the Mutton Murtabak did not fail us. I would opine that the culinary’s execution of the dish was pretty decent since it was not too greasy and to my delight, just slightly charred for a crispier texture. Packed with more than sufficient enough meat filling, the addition of curry worked well to mellow the mutton flavours out and endow the dish with a stronger hit of richness.

Thankfully, the service team was as approachable as the food we had. Friendly and courteous, the waitresses handled the customers well and more importantly, each with a smile. Thumbs up to the Zaffron team!

Zaffron Kitchen is one of those few dining venues whereby I strongly believe, one would walk out of their doors as a very satisfied and happy customer (from my experience, definitely one of the best Indian restaurants around). With contemporary Indian delicacies set at considerably affordable prices, just two visits to the restaurant have converted me into one of her fans. Regardless of whether one is a gourmet of Indian food or an individual with a curious palate, the homely ambience and fine dishes from Zaffron Kitchen are definitely worthy of one’s visit.

Service and foods are good

Was there to celebrate my hubby birthday with kids. There is a kids conner with tv and toys so kids can play there during we were enjoying our meal. Foods there was good. Will definitely go there again.