Reviews for Zaffron Kitchen (East Coast Road)

3.5

AsianIndianLocalNorth IndianSingaporeanSouth Indian

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Good food but SLOW service

Good food, not too expensive... But really slooooow service. Tandoori chicken is good.
• 05 Apr 2015 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Good food but SLOW service

• 21 Feb 2015 • 4 reviews • 8 followers

Nice Indian Food

Overall
A different CNY. Decided to go Indian tonight for dinner on CNY day 2. I've been to Zaffron at Amoy one and liked it. Luckily their east coast outlet didn't disappoint too. Must orders are the butter chicken, fish masala and Tandoori malai chicken tikka. Garlic naan and basmati rice are good. You can choose your spice level and we went with extra spicy for my fav dal makhani. One of the very few Indian restaurant which Mum went yum. Guess won't be too hard to convince the family to dine here again. Only boo was the kids area that got too rowdy when a bunch of kids were playing. Not a sound proof place, the noise was more than my ear drums could bear with the kids' shrill screaming. Not sure that can be fixed so be sure to chop chop chomp chomp your din din and go go.
• 03 Feb 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

What an honest and surprising experience

Overall
I went over to this restaurant with my girlfriend for dinner and wanted to show her one of my fav place to eat. Normally its packed but we chose to come in on a Monday evening. Met by a very nice waiter that was surprisingly very chatty and not very robotic and laughed with us as we sat.

Instantly told him that we didnt like Ipads and wanted to ask for recommendations and thought the night would end with a frumpy waiter but that did not happen. After asking us some simple questions about what we like, he helped us insert our orders and even helped answer some of the questions about the food. We ended up getting Garlic naan, Briyani Rice, a Palak Paneer and a Chicken Tika.

We thought it was not enough but waiter said it was enough. Nice to know someone doesnt want to empty our wallets

The meal came in time and as delicious as always and was worried about my girlfriend (first time and all) she loved it. The naan was fresh, rice was unbelievable, paneer was nicely cooked and the chicken yummy as always.

Spent a bit more time in the restaurant as usual as it had a nice ambiance without the mad crowd. The waiter came back to checked on us and was greatly served.

Read the comments and been here a couple of times and sometimes I have to see that these guys are trying their best to make people visits more enjoyable. Long day and all.  And yeah, seen a few unreasonable people dining in the restaurant in the past. but thats their problem. The staff are humans too

Will go back for the familairity, food and service.

They have earned my patronage and will continue to do so. the whole place screams warmth. I'll go back