Review for Zaffron Kitchen (East Coast Road)

3.6

AsianIndianLocalNorth IndianSingaporeanSouth Indian
Address: 135/137 East Coast Road, 428822

+65 6884 6884
03 Mar 2014
Overall

Good food and service can be better

Not my first visit to Zaffron but we walked in on Saturday without reservation and was seated outside the non-aircon area. Food is still good and served relatively fast despite a busy dinner crowd. However, you can spot a great difference in the staff service towards Asian and Caucasian, especially the 2 lady staff. They only speak to Caucasian with a smile. We were asked in a rude manner to shift our seats to make way. Initially I was told that all tables inside are for reservation. While we were having our meal, a Caucasian couple walked in without reservation but they were given a table inside the restaurant. Left the place feeling disappointed!
plain roti prata
The management of Zaffron Kitchen responded to this review:
07 Mar 2014
Dear Mrs Koh,

We deeply regret to hear what you have experienced while dining with us.

Our belief is every customer is a V.I.P and we always give every customer a great experience, We are investigating into this and would much appreciate if you could leave us your contact on our email: info@zaffronkitchen.com to assist us in our investigation.

In the meantime, we hope to have you back at Zaffron Kitchen and we will definitely make your next dining experience a pleasant one.

Best Regards,
Dinesh
Restaurant Manager

More reviews of Zaffron Kitchen

Overall

My favourite supper place!

The interior that first attracted me.

And what keep me coming back is the awesome FOOD.
 Overall the food on their menu is very good. But I love their tandoori Chicken & cheese nan! The consistency and high quality of food really set the bar high.

The staffs are friendly and helpful!

Good food worth the wait, so come early or book in advance.
Overall

Service and foods are good

Was there to celebrate my hubby birthday with kids. There is a kids conner with tv and toys so kids can play there during we were enjoying our meal. Foods there was good. Will definitely go there again.
Overall

Ok, so the staff can be slow... but they are incredibly nice and the food is awesome!

Yes the staff can be slow. it depends on what night you go here and how busy but we have been 3 times and had no problems at all. the staff always talk to us and recommend food and always smile and chat. the food though......... the food is simply amazeballs. there is no other place we would go in sSingapore for Indian. would highly highly highly recommend.

Good food but SLOW service

Good food, not too expensive... But really slooooow service. Tandoori chicken is good.

Nice Indian Food

A different CNY. Decided to go Indian tonight for dinner on CNY day 2. I've been to Zaffron at Amoy one and liked it. Luckily their east coast outlet didn't disappoint too. Must orders are the butter chicken, fish masala and Tandoori malai chicken tikka. Garlic naan and basmati rice are good. You can choose your spice level and we went with extra spicy for my fav dal makhani. One of the very few Indian restaurant which Mum went yum. Guess won't be too hard to convince the family to dine here again. Only boo was the kids area that got too rowdy when a bunch of kids were playing. Not a sound proof place, the noise was more than my ear drums could bear with the kids' shrill screaming. Not sure that can be fixed so be sure to chop chop chomp chomp your din din and go go.