Back to A for Arbite#01-01, 28 Aliwal Street

Breakfast3 votes
Large Groups3 votes
Nice Deco3 votes
Trendy3 votes

30licious dinner menu at S$30++ when you pay with your American Express Card! . Other deals are available, find out more

Hoongy !
 • 05 Nov 2014 1871 reviews 257 followers
Overall
I had the opportunity recently to review the Amex 30 licious menu at A For Arbite which is effective from 3 Nov to 2 Dec.

The meal starts with either the choice of a duck roll or seafood soup. I liked both, as I am a big fan of duck and liked the gaminess of the duck. However, the tomato based seafood soup will probably be my choice as I liked the strong tastes associated with the dish.

For the main course, one has a choice between the boeuf and the crabmeat pasta. Those who lover stronger flavours would stick to the beef while the crab pasta is a lot lighter.

For dessert, go for the jelly with the mango ice cream, a very hearty way to end the meal.

Overall, expect large portions and a good value at just $30 when you pay with your American Express credit card.

Dinner, Lunch

jacqsowhat
 • 14 Oct 2014 41 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Full review: http://jacqsowhat.blogspot.sg/2014/10/a-for-arbite-28-aliwal-street-singapore.html

I'm glad to have the privilege to attend's A for arbite tasting session. A for Arbite has a big dining area with up to 64 seating capacity at Aliwal Street. Great place to grab some awesome small bites to share and big bites for feasting. We tasted 9 dishes, will list the signature's here.

Salted Egg Crab Pasta ($24) - Zita pasta, salted egg, crab meat, chilli, deep fried soft shell crab and curry leave oil. One of my favorite mains here, very successful fusion of local and western fare. It would be even better if the salted egg flavor could be richer. The soft shell crab on the other hand was the bomb, crispy, moist and flavorful. It got me 'Wow' at my first bite.

XO Lobster Pasta ($34) - Squid ink tagliolinni, half Boston lobster, mushrooms, goma sauce and 'xo' chilli. This is A for Arbite signature and most popular dish. I was impressed at how well the xo work together with the pasta, simply amazing.

Salmon Florentine ($16) - Smoked salmon, poached eggs, cream spinach, burnt butter hollandaise and fresh greens. And your choice of Thosai (rice and semolina crepe) or herbed foccacia. Interesting dish while pairing egg Benny in the crepe.

Indeed a hidden gem with many innovative dishes I won't be able to find in other cafes. Coffee isn't too bad, they are using Tiong Hoe coffee beans.

Must tries: Lobster Thermidor, Salted Egg Crab Pasta

After Work, Children/Family, Chillout, Large Groups/Gathering

Lepak With Yaops
 • 05 Sep 2014 144 reviews 6 followers
Overall
Minimalist and spacious, A For Arbite is unique for their Food-Beer pairing. They have 5 types of beer and a whole wide range of Western food for selection.

More pics and thoughts at my http://lepakwithyaops.com/a-for-arbite-at-aliwal-street/