Back to A for Arbite#01-01, 28 Aliwal Street

Trendy3 votes

Lepak With Yaops
 • 05 Sep 2014 94 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Minimalist and spacious, A For Arbite is unique for their Food-Beer pairing. They have 5 types of beer and a whole wide range of Western food for selection.

More pics and thoughts at my http://lepakwithyaops.com/a-for-arbite-at-aliwal-street/

rougelette
 • 27 Aug 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
This place is great! :) Especially enjoyed the service provided, the waiter pulled out a chair for me and even provided a bag holder so that I can sit comfortably. The food was fabulous, I had the french toast with GM mascarpone and the gula melaka was not sickly sweet at all! It was just nice, with soft brioche, perfect combination!

Definitely recommending this place for everyone, suitable for couples or groups of friends as they have quite a bit of space!

Breakfast, Brunch, Children/Family, Relaxed

Management

Thanks rougelette! Really appreciate your positive review! It will definitely spur us to do better and make this great place for you to come back.

Cheers!
Marc

30 August 2014

Weekend Eat What
 • 25 May 2014 33 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For full review with pictures, visit: http://weekendeatwhatsg.blogspot.sg/2014/03/a-for-arbite.html

Small plates are priced from $8 to $17, while big plates ranged from $18 to $34. For two pax, we ordered two small plates and one big plate which were sufficient, leaving enough room for one dessert too.

White bait - deep fried and tossed with lemongrass and chili salt )($8++, below). It was an addictive deep fried fish dish which we could not stop going for. I would recommend to have this with beer which will wash down the deep fried mouthful. However, I didn't really like the accompany greens which had a sourish dressing.

Our other small plate was lobster thermidor ($17++, below). It was a thick creamy soup which comprise of lobster, crab, mushrooms, mustard, brandy and Parmesan cheese. It's a challenge to classify this under one of the four basic flavors (aka sweet, sour, bitter, saltiness) that our taste buds can recognize.. I can only say this was something extraordinary. It had the sweetness of the ocean, fragrance of mushrooms, mild pungency of mustard, slight bitterness of the brandy, cheese flavor, and had the texture of a thick chowder. It was so flavorful and tasty that we licked off every single drop in the bowl. In my opinion, this is the signature of A for Arbite and I would return to order again, except that I would not make the mistake of agreeing to share it :p

Our choice of big plate was the Tri pepper spaghettini with snow crab ($27++, below) which had green, pink and black pepper pasta with snow crabs. The dish was slightly spicy. We thought the pasta was special, and we felt like we were eating ramen that's cooked al dente. The pepper was not overpowering, but very subtle. And not forgetting the main character- delicious and juicy snow crab.

Ending off with a sweet dessert- sticky date pudding ($10++, below). The moist and airy chocolate sponge cake was wondrously drizzled with ultra sweet caramel sauce and topped with refreshing vanilla ice-cream. Too sweet for me. Strictly for those with a sweet tooth.

Service was attentive, right from the moment we entered till the end of dinner. The serving speed was well paced and commendable given the crowd. Place was empty when we visited at 8pm but packed when we left at about 10pm. Overall, an amazing place which I will certainly return again. So happy to find a secret gem!

Must tries: Lobster Thermidor