Back to A for Arbite#01-01, 28 Aliwal Street

Trendy3 votes

jacqsowhat
 • 14 Oct 2014 37 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Full review: http://jacqsowhat.blogspot.sg/2014/10/a-for-arbite-28-aliwal-street-singapore.html

I'm glad to have the privilege to attend's A for arbite tasting session. A for Arbite has a big dining area with up to 64 seating capacity at Aliwal Street. Great place to grab some awesome small bites to share and big bites for feasting. We tasted 9 dishes, will list the signature's here.

Salted Egg Crab Pasta ($24) - Zita pasta, salted egg, crab meat, chilli, deep fried soft shell crab and curry leave oil. One of my favorite mains here, very successful fusion of local and western fare. It would be even better if the salted egg flavor could be richer. The soft shell crab on the other hand was the bomb, crispy, moist and flavorful. It got me 'Wow' at my first bite.

XO Lobster Pasta ($34) - Squid ink tagliolinni, half Boston lobster, mushrooms, goma sauce and 'xo' chilli. This is A for Arbite signature and most popular dish. I was impressed at how well the xo work together with the pasta, simply amazing.

Salmon Florentine ($16) - Smoked salmon, poached eggs, cream spinach, burnt butter hollandaise and fresh greens. And your choice of Thosai (rice and semolina crepe) or herbed foccacia. Interesting dish while pairing egg Benny in the crepe.

Indeed a hidden gem with many innovative dishes I won't be able to find in other cafes. Coffee isn't too bad, they are using Tiong Hoe coffee beans.

Must tries: Lobster Thermidor, Salted Egg Crab Pasta

After Work, Children/Family, Chillout, Large Groups/Gathering

Lepak With Yaops
 • 05 Sep 2014 119 reviews 3 followers
Overall
Minimalist and spacious, A For Arbite is unique for their Food-Beer pairing. They have 5 types of beer and a whole wide range of Western food for selection.

More pics and thoughts at my http://lepakwithyaops.com/a-for-arbite-at-aliwal-street/

rougelette
 • 27 Aug 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
This place is great! :) Especially enjoyed the service provided, the waiter pulled out a chair for me and even provided a bag holder so that I can sit comfortably. The food was fabulous, I had the french toast with GM mascarpone and the gula melaka was not sickly sweet at all! It was just nice, with soft brioche, perfect combination!

Definitely recommending this place for everyone, suitable for couples or groups of friends as they have quite a bit of space!

Breakfast, Brunch, Children/Family, Relaxed

Management

Thanks rougelette! Really appreciate your positive review! It will definitely spur us to do better and make this great place for you to come back.

Cheers!