A for Arbite has closed.

Address: #01-01, 28 Aliwal Street, 199918
11 Mar 2014

refreshed menu

For the full review and more pictures, visit http://melicacy.com/?p=7067

A for Arbite at Aliwal Street is an expansion of the popular Arbite at Serangoon Gardens. Chef-owner Marc Wee refreshes the menu regularly, showcasing boundless creativity and culinary flair with each new dish.

Spaghettini with Lobster ($31.90)

The substantial Spaghettini with Lobster comes with Canadian Maine lobster adorned with caviar that sits on a bed of al dente squid ink pasta tossed with crabmeat, mushrooms, leek and baby spinach in a amalgamation Asian-oriented aromatics, chilli and dried shrimp. Homemade pasta is the kitchen’s forte.

Mussels with White Wine ($12.90)

My dining companion is absolutely bewitched by the Mussels with White Wine, bugging me every so often to replicate it in my home kitchen. The Australian blue shell mussels, of plump and pristine quality, are steeped in an arousing white-wine infused broth. Simple but memorable.

Cookies and Cream Cheese “Cake” ($8)

If sweet, creamy, luscious and rich is your definition of the perfect ending, go for the Cookies and Cream Cheese “Cake” that comes with crushed cookies and a cream cheese and milk espuma. I found great pleasure in this dessert, but my dining companion’s opinion differs. It was the Sticky Date Pudding ($10) that we both agreed was noteworthy and deserves special mention.

Lobster Thermidor, Cookies and Cream Cheesecake, Eggs benedict

More reviews of A for Arbite

Unique finds/eats

Don't be mistaken with Arbite @ Serangoon Gardens, though they are sister company, they have different concept of food as well as layout. Over at A for Arbite, the classroom inspired atmosphere just gives it a more casual, back-to-school feel. One thing I love about A for Arbite is their generous portion of food!

The dishes are all created by adding fusion to local delights, such as Salted Egg Crab Pasta.
A photo worthy dish, the name itself draws our anticipation! The ideal way of having this is to mess it up in order to get a good proportion of salted egg in each bite. Somehow I would prefer penne paste added to this dish, probably because the length of zita pasta is longer and it gets too much.

If you are looking for something out of the norm, you can try A for Arbite for a change :)
Click for the full review, http://nkikichua.blogspot.sg/2014/12/a-for-arbite-aliwal-street-singapore.html

Amex 30 Licious Menu Review

I had the opportunity recently to review the Amex 30 licious menu at A For Arbite which is effective from 3 Nov to 2 Dec.

The meal starts with either the choice of a duck roll or seafood soup. I liked both, as I am a big fan of duck and liked the gaminess of the duck. However, the tomato based seafood soup will probably be my choice as I liked the strong tastes associated with the dish.

For the main course, one has a choice between the boeuf and the crabmeat pasta. Those who lover stronger flavours would stick to the beef while the crab pasta is a lot lighter.

For dessert, go for the jelly with the mango ice cream, a very hearty way to end the meal.

Overall, expect large portions and a good value at just $30 when you pay with your American Express credit card.

western & local fusion

Full review: http://jacqsowhat.blogspot.sg/2014/10/a-for-arbite-28-aliwal-street-singapore.html

I'm glad to have the privilege to attend's A for arbite tasting session. A for Arbite has a big dining area with up to 64 seating capacity at Aliwal Street. Great place to grab some awesome small bites to share and big bites for feasting. We tasted 9 dishes, will list the signature's here.

Salted Egg Crab Pasta ($24) - Zita pasta, salted egg, crab meat, chilli, deep fried soft shell crab and curry leave oil. One of my favorite mains here, very successful fusion of local and western fare. It would be even better if the salted egg flavor could be richer. The soft shell crab on the other hand was the bomb, crispy, moist and flavorful. It got me 'Wow' at my first bite.

XO Lobster Pasta ($34) - Squid ink tagliolinni, half Boston lobster, mushrooms, goma sauce and 'xo' chilli. This is A for Arbite signature and most popular dish. I was impressed at how well the xo work together with the pasta, simply amazing.

Salmon Florentine ($16) - Smoked salmon, poached eggs, cream spinach, burnt butter hollandaise and fresh greens. And your choice of Thosai (rice and semolina crepe) or herbed foccacia. Interesting dish while pairing egg Benny in the crepe.

Indeed a hidden gem with many innovative dishes I won't be able to find in other cafes. Coffee isn't too bad, they are using Tiong Hoe coffee beans.
Overall

Great brunch and after work hangout venue!

Minimalist and spacious, A For Arbite is unique for their Food-Beer pairing. They have 5 types of beer and a whole wide range of Western food for selection.

More pics and thoughts at my http://lepakwithyaops.com/a-for-arbite-at-aliwal-street/

Great place!

This place is great! :) Especially enjoyed the service provided, the waiter pulled out a chair for me and even provided a bag holder so that I can sit comfortably. The food was fabulous, I had the french toast with GM mascarpone and the gula melaka was not sickly sweet at all! It was just nice, with soft brioche, perfect combination!

Definitely recommending this place for everyone, suitable for couples or groups of friends as they have quite a bit of space!
Management response from A for Arbite, published 30 Aug 2014
Thanks rougelette! Really appreciate your positive review! It will definitely spur us to do better and make this great place for you to come back. Cheers! Marc