Back to A for Arbite#01-01, 28 Aliwal Street
Melicacy
 • 11 Mar 2014 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For the full review and more pictures, visit http://melicacy.com/?p=7067

A for Arbite at Aliwal Street is an expansion of the popular Arbite at Serangoon Gardens. Chef-owner Marc Wee refreshes the menu regularly, showcasing boundless creativity and culinary flair with each new dish.

Spaghettini with Lobster ($31.90)
The substantial Spaghettini with Lobster comes with Canadian Maine lobster adorned with caviar that sits on a bed of al dente squid ink pasta tossed with crabmeat, mushrooms, leek and baby spinach in a amalgamation Asian-oriented aromatics, chilli and dried shrimp. Homemade pasta is the kitchen’s forte.

Mussels with White Wine ($12.90)
My dining companion is absolutely bewitched by the Mussels with White Wine, bugging me every so often to replicate it in my home kitchen. The Australian blue shell mussels, of plump and pristine quality, are steeped in an arousing white-wine infused broth. Simple but memorable.

Cookies and Cream Cheese “Cake” ($8)
If sweet, creamy, luscious and rich is your definition of the perfect ending, go for the Cookies and Cream Cheese “Cake” that comes with crushed cookies and a cream cheese and milk espuma. I found great pleasure in this dessert, but my dining companion’s opinion differs. It was the Sticky Date Pudding ($10) that we both agreed was noteworthy and deserves special mention.

Must tries: Lobster Thermidor, Cookies and Cream Cheesecake, Eggs benedict

After Work, Ala Carte, Boys Night Out, Brunch, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Nice Deco, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates, Trendy