Review for Aburiya

Address: #01-03, The Quayside, 60 Robertson Quay, 238252
27 Mar 2009 • 11 Reviews • 1 Follower

One Of The Best Dinner Ever!

Somehow my friends figured out my nickname in this forum and after reading my past reviews, they realised my bf and I do not like eating al fresco, so they were very nice and this time booked us an indoor seating in Aburiya.

One would think that you would come out smelly after eating bbq indoor, but I am glad to say that we didn't stink much after our meal. There is an exhaust just above our charcoal bbq stove so I guess that helped. Anyways, on to the food.

As the title says it all, it was one of the best dinner I have ever had! Aburiya offers either a la carte (whereby you can order whatever meat and the cut of the meat (chicken/ lamb/ beef/ seafood) or vegetable you want to bbq)or set menu.

There were 4 of us so we took 2 sets. We decided to splurge and ordered the Wagyu Beef Set which costs $100 each (portion enough for 2 person), one seasoned with salt and pepper and the other seasoned with shiyo. The set comprises of:

- Japanese Rice

- Kimchi (crunchy and very refreshing)

- Vegetable Salad (tossed with some kind of Japanese dressing, my friend said it could be soy sauce and mirin, but very tasty)

- Tamago (Egg) Soup (abit bland but overall ok)

- Shitake Mushroom (for bbq)

- Beef Stew (beef tender and sweet)

- Beef Tongue

- 3 different cuts of Beef (can't remember the name of the cuts of beef, i just know there were sliced beef, beef rib and beef cubed)

The beef cooks pretty fast (beef was sliced quite thinly). We like our beef medium rare, so we didn't cook our beef for too long.

My favourite cut of the beef is the one that came sliced and seasoned shiyo style. The beef was so tender that it just melts in my mouth. No words can adequately describe that feeling... :)

No idea if they serve dessert as we were all too full to look at the dessert menu after our meal...
wagyu beef