Reviews for AdstraGold Microbrewery & Sport Bar

3.6

AmericanBeerEuropeanInternationalWesternWine
Address: 417/419 East Coast Road, 429004

hidden find

Adstragold is located near the junction of East Coast & Telok Kurau Rd, nested among a small cluster of restauants and cafes. We went as part of a HGW food tasting sesssion.    They brew the beer on site on 6 x 560 litres tanks and serve the ber direct from the tanks unfiltered (i think they draw the beer from the middle or top part of the tank). I learnt that it takes 7 days to make beer - 5 days for fermentation and 2 days to chill & carbonate.    We got to sample a variety of beers like Golden Ale (light & refreshing), IPA (more bitter), cider (sweet with a slight sour tang) and their award winning Red Ale which site between the light and dark ale.   Accompanying the beer, we had beer battered fish and chips, which came nice and crispy. We also had a platter of pork knuckles, sauerkraut, pork ribs, sausages and mash potatoes. Pork knuckles are marinated well and the skin is deep fried to a nice crisp.
• 30 Jul 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Not worth the price

Overall
Came with my partner for dinner. Was strongly recommended by a male server a rib cut Wagyu steak apparently on promotion that was 240g instead of the usual 180g ($58), which was supposed to be very nice and more tender than the usual rib eye. My partner opted for a grade 5 Wagyu steak ($68). When the food came, both our steaks were SO THIN. They were both about 1-1.5cm thin and were so small. We were quite shocked initially but just ate anyway to see if they tasted any good. My partner's steak was unfortunately quite tough and he definitely did not overcook it. Mine was not bad, but for the price it was definitely not worth the money at all. After we were done, the server asked us how the food was and we mentioned that it was a little small for the price and did not match the pictures on the websites at all. He then quickly started talking about how the rib cut was already 60g more than usual, and went to on talk about the different grades of steak, stating that "if we had gone for the grade 7-8 wagyu it will be better". No apology or no offers to check with the chef. We also realised after that our steaks had been served swapped with each other's.   $60 for a mediocre-tasting and such a small piece of steak is not acceptable and to be told that I have to pay at least $80 to get a decent-sized one is outrageous. I have had steaks that are 1/4 the price and are of much better quality. As we were paying, he kept asking us to leave a good review on their Facebook page even though we clearly did not really enjoy our meal.   On the bright side, the female server was really nice and offered to let us have a sample of their apple cider before ordering our drinks. Will not recommend this place though and definitely will not visit again.
• 12 Dec 2014 • 2045 reviews • 261 followers

One of Singapore's Top Microbreweries

Overall
A hidden find on East Coast Road, Adstragold has built its name as one of Singapore premier microbreweries ranked on HungryGoWhere.

At a previous visit, I had the opportunity to try some  of their in house brew, and with many options, there will be bound to have something for everyone.

Down to the food, fish and chips, ribs, pork knuckles and sausages are all part of the common main stay that goes well with beer, but the one dish that stood out for me was the smoked duck. This dish paired well with the slightly sweeter "ladies" beers as the duck was not gamy and came with a sugary sauce.

Having a proper meal with drinks basically means that one can stay at the microbrewery, have dinner and drink till late all at one location. Ideal for a boys night out or catching up with long lost friends.
• 18 Aug 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Was quite expensive, service was slow and painful, food was barely passable

Overall
I went for upgrade via facebook so that part they got it right, the upsize steak. Drinks took a really long time 30mins, staff said she make the green tea and then had to do something else. The steak was a long wait, and my wife fish and chips told over 45mins, I had already finished the steak. I was also greeted by lots of customers asking where was the soup, where's the food etc... Looking at the bill, service, and ambience, quite overpriced. I have eaten stone grill express in singapore and stone grill in JB where the food is a fraction of the cost and taste better. The sides were quite pathetic, raw salad and fries.
Overall
  • Upgraded steak, meat was quite tough