Reviews for AdstraGold Microbrewery & Sport Bar

AmericanBeerEuropeanInternationalWesternWine
Caleb Lim

hidden find

Adstragold is located near the junction of East Coast & Telok Kurau Rd, nested among a small cluster of restauants and cafes. We went as part of a HGW food tasting sesssion.    They brew the beer on site on 6 x 560 litres tanks and serve the ber direct from the tanks unfiltered (i think they draw the beer from the middle or top part of the tank). I learnt that it takes 7 days to make beer - 5 days for fermentation and 2 days to chill & carbonate.    We got to sample a variety of beers like Golden Ale (light & refreshing), IPA (more bitter), cider (sweet with a slight sour tang) and their award winning Red Ale which site between the light and dark ale.   Accompanying the beer, we had beer battered fish and chips, which came nice and crispy. We also had a platter of pork knuckles, sauerkraut, pork ribs, sausages and mash potatoes. Pork knuckles are marinated well and the skin is deep fried to a nice crisp.
Upgraded steak, meat was quite tough
18 Aug 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Was quite expensive, service was slow and painful, food was barely passable

I went for upgrade via facebook so that part they got it right, the upsize steak. Drinks took a really long time 30mins, staff said she make the green tea and then had to do something else. The steak was a long wait, and my wife fish and chips told over 45mins, I had already finished the steak. I was also greeted by lots of customers asking where was the soup, where's the food etc... Looking at the bill, service, and ambience, quite overpriced. I have eaten stone grill express in singapore and stone grill in JB where the food is a fraction of the cost and taste better. The sides were quite
22 Jul 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Lavastone, Microbrewery craft beers, what more can i ask for?

Made a reservation via their facebook post. They.Literally.Give.Away.20% more steak. Called my friends down.

Ordered the Wagyu/Tenderloin Set. Super Value for money. Right now their serving MB4+!!!! Comes with some seafood topups (Prawn+Scallops)
The food was all served on this lava stone that heated to let me self grill. Seriously good choice. I get my steak how i want it. Done to my likeness, and HOT(temperature). Seafood has a nice sweet touch especially the scallops.

My friend enjoyed it thoroughly too! Loved the original taste concept. Just good sea-salt and fresh ground pepper on the
AdstraGold Microbrewery Beer Brewing Canisters
06 Jul 2014 • 319 reviews • 54 followers

Awesome Drinks, Terrible Food

Full AdstraGold Microbrewery review here: http://ivanteh-runningman.blogspot.sg/2014/07/adstragold-microbrewery.html

Established in 2000, AdstraGold Microbrewery is a beer brewing pub and restaurant specialising in hot stone grills. My friends were excited about the drinks at AdstraGold Microbrewery, and although multiple online reviews have warned about the poor, inconsistent quality of food, we decided to dine here.

Ambience at AdstraGold Microbrewery is decent. Furniture is well laid out and comfortable, with enough space for dishes. The main drawback is the dim lighting, tacky photograph
The management of AdstraGold Microbrewery & Sport Bar responded to this review:
27 Aug 2014
Dear runningman,

Thank you for sharing your experience at AdstraGold Microbrewery, LavaStone Steakhouse, Sport Bar.

I regret to hear that you and your were friends were disappointed with some of our main dishes. But we are glad to know you were rather pleased with a couple of it, for instance, Bratwurst Pork With Sauerkraut and Pizza Mushroom Ham Olives. Not forgetting our award-winning in-house brew, Beer AdstraGold Red Ale.

Your feedbacks are important to us. Quality and freshness of our offerings are equally important to us and we certainly hope you that you’ll visit us the next time round for a better experience! Do visit us soon to try out our LavaStone Grill.

Yours sincerely,