Review for AdstraGold Microbrewery & Sport Bar

AmericanBeerEuropeanInternationalWesternWine
Address: 417/419 East Coast Road, 429004
28 May 2014

Bad service, bad food

Went on a Wednesday night abt 845pm with my wife. The place is almost empty except for 3 other tables.
Took forever for them to come take our order. We ordered only 2 items and 2 beers, and they missed out our order for one of the food!
1. Both drafts beers (stout and pilsner premium are ok only)
2. The crispy pork belly came totally different from the picture in the menu. Basically it's a few small pieces of way-over-priced roast pork that you can get from a char siew/roast pork rice stall from any hawker stall. with a bit of sauce drenched on it.
3. Waiter didnt register our order of Chef's recommendation Fish & Chips. We still want to try after finishing the disappointing crispy pork belly. When it came, it was small and over-fried, and quite tasteless.. The fries are also not hot and a little soggy as if it's been sitting on the plate for 10mins already.

Sorry to be so
The management of AdstraGold Microbrewery & Sport Bar responded to this review:
30 May 2014
Dear Steven Tan 991,

Thank you for dining with us at AdstraGold Microbrewery.
We apologize for the lack of service experience that you encountered due to 1 serving crew on the day. We take your feedbacks seriously and have brought up these feedback to the team for immediate actions and improvements to ensure proper staffing.
We hope to serve you better the next time, and would be glad to welcome you back with a complimentary glass of in house brew. So do drop by and try out our latest menu, LavaStone Specialty Grill.

Yours sincerely,
The Management
AdstraGold Microbrewery, Restaurant & SportBar

More reviews of AdstraGold Microbrewery & Sport Bar

hidden find

Adstragold is located near the junction of East Coast & Telok Kurau Rd, nested among a small cluster of restauants and cafes. We went as part of a HGW food tasting sesssion.    They brew the beer on site on 6 x 560 litres tanks and serve the ber direct from the tanks unfiltered (i think they draw the beer from the middle or top part of the tank). I learnt that it takes 7 days to make beer - 5 days for fermentation and 2 days to chill & carbonate.    We got to sample a variety of beers like Golden Ale (light & refreshing), IPA (more bitter), cider (sweet with a slight sour tang) and their award winning Red Ale which site between the light and dark ale.   Accompanying the beer, we had beer battered fish and chips, which came nice and crispy. We also had a platter of pork knuckles, sauerkraut, pork ribs, sausages and mash potatoes. Pork knuckles are marinated well and the skin is deep fried to a nice crisp.

Avoid Rock Grills Steakhouse

We suggest avoid this Rock Grills Steakhouse. Since the owner has 80% customers who are satisfied with his steakhouse. He should be able to survive with them. ‪#‎rockgrillssteakhouse‬ ‪#‎review‬ ‪#‎steakhouse‬

Not worth the price

Came with my partner for dinner. Was strongly recommended by a male server a rib cut Wagyu steak apparently on promotion that was 240g instead of the usual 180g ($58), which was supposed to be very nice and more tender than the usual rib eye. My partner opted for a grade 5 Wagyu steak ($68). When the food came, both our steaks were SO THIN. They were both about 1-1.5cm thin and were so small. We were quite shocked initially but just ate anyway to see if they tasted any good. My partner's steak was unfortunately quite tough and he definitely did not overcook it. Mine was not bad, but for the price it was definitely not worth the money at all. After we were done, the server asked us how the food was and we mentioned that it was a little small for the price and did not match the pictures on the websites at all. He then quickly started talking about how the rib cut was already 60g more than usual, and went to on talk about the different grades of steak, stating that "if we had gone for the grade 7-8 wagyu it will be better". No apology or no offers to check with the chef. We also realised after that our steaks had been served swapped with each other's.   $60 for a mediocre-tasting and such a small piece of steak is not acceptable and to be told that I have to pay at least $80 to get a decent-sized one is outrageous. I have had steaks that are 1/4 the price and are of much better quality. As we were paying, he kept asking us to leave a good review on their Facebook page even though we clearly did not really enjoy our meal.   On the bright side, the female server was really nice and offered to let us have a sample of their apple cider before ordering our drinks. Will not recommend this place though and definitely will not visit again.

One of Singapore's Top Microbreweries

A hidden find on East Coast Road, Adstragold has built its name as one of Singapore premier microbreweries ranked on HungryGoWhere.

At a previous visit, I had the opportunity to try some  of their in house brew, and with many options, there will be bound to have something for everyone.

Down to the food, fish and chips, ribs, pork knuckles and sausages are all part of the common main stay that goes well with beer, but the one dish that stood out for me was the smoked duck. This dish paired well with the slightly sweeter "ladies" beers as the duck was not gamy and came with a sugary sauce.

Having a proper meal with drinks basically means that one can stay at the microbrewery, have dinner and drink till late all at one location. Ideal for a boys night out or catching up with long lost friends.
Overall

Was quite expensive, service was slow and painful, food was barely passable

I went for upgrade via facebook so that part they got it right, the upsize steak. Drinks took a really long time 30mins, staff said she make the green tea and then had to do something else. The steak was a long wait, and my wife fish and chips told over 45mins, I had already finished the steak. I was also greeted by lots of customers asking where was the soup, where's the food etc... Looking at the bill, service, and ambience, quite overpriced. I have eaten stone grill express in singapore and stone grill in JB where the food is a fraction of the cost and taste better. The sides were quite pathetic, raw salad and fries.