Aerins has closed.

Summary

Value3
Chardonnay, Apple and Rhubarb Pie, Fish & Chips, Lychee Martinis, Profiteroles, Warm chocolate lava cake with ice-cream, bangers and mash, 1 for 1 lunch special deal, Blackforest, Cajun Grilled Chicken, Duck confit, Hazelnut Cake, Spinach Salad, The desserts, White choc r/berry mousse n caramel mousse, calamari, french fries that comes with the fish & chips, linguine mare, numi tea flower, pumpkin salad, seafood stew, spaghetti bolognaise View all
Dinner, Lunch, After Work, Vibrant/Noisy, Chillout, People Watching, Girls Night Out, Romance/First Dates, Brunch, Business Dining, Quiet, Boys Night Out, High Tea, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Fine Dining, Supper, Take Away, Waterfront View all

Not bad

Had a weekday lunch there last week.

Tried their fish & chips ($18) which I heard was one of their house specials. The batter is quite different from the usual batter which most places serve - here it is lighter, crispier and paler looking - a bit like goreng pisang better for want of a better comparison. I think I still prefer the traditional fish and chips pub grub version.

Based on the recommendation of list of must-tries by HGW reviewers, I also ventured to try the baked apple and rhubarb pie ($11) which was unique in came in a puff pastry which covered a bowl which contained the caramelised apples, raisins and rhubarb which was just the right amount of sweetness. Also served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice-cream. It was not bad but I think I still prefer traditional apple pie...don't really fancy the runniness of the filling but it's just my personal preference.

Also had a strawberry margarita ($15) which was yummy.

If you're looking for a spot to rest the legs, grab a quick bite and people watch, Aerin's will do just the trick.

Also remember to whip out the OCBC card if you have one.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Aerins

Aerin's

Aerin's is one of the main tenants in the newly opened Raffles Marketplace. It is a smart bistro serving typical Western fare with a good range of appetizers, salads, soups, pastas and mains, and some desserts. Located right by the escalators that lead to this new section of Raffles City and with a gurgling fountain in the middle, this restaurant appears to be positioned for good feng shui.

Our zucchini soup that was part of our set lunch ($18) was excellent, as was our spaghetti with prawn and spinach ($18) that was ordered a la carte. Our other a la carte order, a crab on crostini appetizer ($13) was fine, and the pasta that came with the set, also prawn, was lovely and fresh. Portions are generous, which we like, so we split the sets yummy dessert of chocolate banana cake. Also nice are the fountain sodas which come in interesting mixtures like apple, grapefruit and mint ($6).

Fortunately there is great people-watching, with a fashionable crowd flocking to the fancy boutiques, because unless the staff up their game you might find yourself waiting. Nevertheless we will be happy to return for a quick lunch or snack, but nothing more than that.

Dinner for a quiet evening

A good place for a quiet dinner and the food is delicious too. Deserts are also sweet. Try once and you will never regret.

Decent Desserts

Had the pecan pie. It was a little too dry for my palate, but wasn't too bad. But the ambiance was a winner! A great place for afternoon tea after a long day of shopping.

Spicy, salty lunch.

Ordered a soup of the day-Brown Onion Soup ($7) and a Spicy Chorizo Spaghetti ($17). The onion soup was so-so although I like the multi-grain bun provied more (its served hot! The spaghetti was spicy (as the name suggested) and salty. The tomato-based sauce was tangy coupled with a saltiness that I needed water to cleanse my palate with. Its actually not THAT salty, at least for me (m a savoury person). But I guess that day, I wasn't into a very savoury mood somehow. At least the noodles were done nicely. Service was pretty efficient and polite. I did not have to wait very long for my soup and subsequently my pasta.

Aerin's

Came across this restaurant when me and my wife was looking for a good place to have dinner. We were strolling at the basement of Raffles City shopping centre and spotted this cozy looking restaurant and we thought why not give a try. We had pumpkin soup, bangers&mash (british sausages with mash potatoes) and fish&chips. The pumpkin soup was nice but i loved the bangers.It was succulent, not dry and not too salty. As for the fish&chips, i thought it was ok.