Aerins has closed.

DessertsEuropeanWestern
Address: #B1-11/12, Raffles City Shopping Centre, 252 North Bridge Road, 179103
04 Jun 2007

Not bad

Had a weekday lunch there last week.

Tried their fish & chips ($18) which I heard was one of their house specials. The batter is quite different from the usual batter which most places serve - here it is lighter, crispier and paler looking - a bit like goreng pisang better for want of a better comparison. I think I still prefer the traditional fish and chips pub grub version.

Based on the recommendation of list of must-tries by HGW reviewers, I also ventured to try the baked apple and rhubarb pie ($11) which was unique in came in a puff pastry which covered a bowl which contained the caramelised apples, raisins and rhubarb which was just the right amount of sweetness. Also served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice-cream. It was not bad but I think I still prefer traditional apple pie...don't really fancy the runniness of the filling but it's just my personal preference.

Also had a strawberry margarita ($15) which was yummy.

If you're looking for a spot to rest the legs, grab a quick bite and people watch, Aerin's will do just the trick.

Also remember to whip out the OCBC card if you have one.
Fish & Chips, Apple and Rhubarb Pie

More reviews of Aerins

Superb Aussie cuisine

For a more detailed review with pictures, please go to http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com/2011/11/aerins.html

Aerin's is like a peaceful tranquil oasis in the middle of the very bustling and noisy Raffles City Shopping Centre food basement. A place for a nice quiet meal that's also reasonably priced. This is a rare find, especially since Aerins' got an open atrium concept.

We had:

1) Surf & Turf ($28) - fall-off-the-bone-tender beef short ribs that were braised to a sticky sweet and savoury goodness was paired with a salmon fillet that's fresh, seared well on the outside but still moist on the inside and well-salted. The sides of sauteed mushrooms and ratatouille were also commendable, the tomato based vegetable stew was particularly delicious.

2) Prawns Risotto ($17) is possibly one of the most value-for-money versions around. You'll think that at such a pricetag, it was gonna suck. But nooooooo, the arborio rice was creamy and full-flavoured (I think full cream and cheese was used to finish this off...bye bye diet!), with lemon zest and splashes of juice providing lifting notes

Overall

Great tasting, huge apple pie

Shopping in Raffles City brought us to the basement for food and we found this comfortable place by the fountain

Ambience; Cool as we sat next to the pool, and in a crowd free dining area. 2 chairs, one table, no hassles about only ordering one apple pie

Food:; Their apple pie was the highlight of my day; huge; with a flaky crust covering the serving dish which contained chunks of granny-smith apples, cinnamon, raisins and rhubarb. One of my favourite places (now) for apple pie.

Value; Each apple pie, which should be eaten by 2 pax; as the waiter cautioned us, although I am a big person, costs $12; total $14 plus taxes; Good deal, I think.

Service: Pleasant in taking order, service and clearing up

Love the desserts!

My 2nd review on some new dishes which we tried. So we ordered Norwegian Salmon Fillet and Italian Spicy Sausage to share too.

My fave is still the Prawns Risotto although I love the onion sweet sauce which accompanied the Italian sausages and mashed potato. However, spicy sausages are just not my cup my tea. Love cheese sausages more. The Salmon is not bad. The stars of the night ought to be the desserts!! Namely, Profiteroles and Warm chocolate lava cake with ice-cream!! They really got us all whining, they were sooooo good! The Profiteroles were like cream puffs stuffed with ice-cream and I love the ice-cream which came ice-cold. Hate runny ice-creams. It's not vanilla but yet not overly sweet. Cant fathom the ice-cream flavour but supper yummy, it's really just my kinda thing! For the warm lava cake, the outside was crisp yet soft, and when we cut it open, liquid chocolate simply flowed out. Orgasmic! I love it that the chocolate was not googy and not too sweet. G joined us slightly later at 9.30pm and had a starter; Soba with seared tuna, which she said was good too!

We also ordered a bottle of Chardonnay which was priced so cheaply at $50. Though I find it to be slightly acidic but they're still pretty okie. I mean, you can seldom get wrong with white, unlike reds which can be a disaster. =PLychee martinis!! Our ladies' favorite. 2 at $20 only. I thought the alcohol was decent, considering the price. But Jy said her Watermelon martini was overly strong so she switched with Kel's Raspberry martini, which was kinda too sour to my palate. It was a wise choice to just stick to lychee. =P

Basically the place has a great ambience in my opinion. Apple green lush cushion seats and I specially reserved a table next to the fountain(ya..am so control freak! =P). The place was quite crowded on a PH eve but still not really full house and I really appreciate that the people there were not as noisy. Great place to chill, b**** or gossip, discreetly. Haha. I feel they are understaffed on that particular PH but can see they tried to serve us as fast as they can.

The only bad point was that they closed too early, around 10.30pm on a PH eve. Normal days will be 10pm.

Nice Risotto

Dined with a friend there quite some time back and it's prawn risotto still left me lemming for more. It's one creamy risotto that didnt deter me from finishing it, which is my bad habit with all white cream sauce dishes. Succulent prawns, of course, did not disappoint. I must say I love prawns which are clean, if you know what I mean. I dont get it why some restaurants are still serving prawns with their poo! (=_____=)''''''''''''' Let's dont mention names.

Definitely going back again. I was too full that night to try their desserts. Was actually aiming their apple pie. And I remembered martinis were also priced humbly at $10odd. Didnt try because the risotto was very filling. Nice decor and ambience by the way.

My friend had the ribs and it didnt impress him nor me that much though. Service is okay. You know, it's Singapore~

Overall

second visit is the same as the first

Prawn Risotto SGD17++

It has been a year since I last came here, menu was revamped with almost the same dishes but price hiked.

I had seafood stew during the last visit, not bad at all.

This time round, I had prawn risotto. The rice grains were coated with an overwhelming amount of cream, not a bad thing but a too cloying at the end of the dish.

I must praise the amount of seven bouncy prawns thrown into the dish and some healthy stalks of asparagus to accompany.

Hot Wings SGD8++

The picture was taken after each of us took a drumlet. It came in 6 (or maybe 8,can’t recall) drumlets with the hot sauce served aside.

First time seeing a so called hot wings not coated in hot sauce.

I reckon these wings to be skipped when you’re there, the drumlets were re-fried and overdone. Not good at all.

They also serve a good range of desserts and coffee which I have never tried before.

Get a loyalty card for stamps to redeem free drinks, appetiser or main course if you are around this area often.