Summary

Value2
XO Fried Rice, Burgers, Olive fried rice, best of both worlds platter View all
After Work, Children/Family, Dinner, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Brunch, Chillout, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch View all

Awesome food

Food came really quickly... It was really yummy too! I really reccomend the olive fried rice~ You really won't regret coming here! :)

Most helpful reviews for Ah Dong Teh House

Ah Dong Teh House in Punggol

For more details, please visit http://www.foodesteem.com/2014/09/ah-dong-teh-house.html

Entering somewhere along Punggol East, in one of the not-so developed area yet, housed several restaurants and is deem quite a lively place to hang out at, with a park connector by the side. One of it is Ah Dong Teh House, 阿东茶餐厅.

Mango Ice Blend ($5.90). Love this drink as it has my favorite mango in it, and the presentation look so interesting! Stirred it well and the sweetness is just nice, in mix with the soda.

Chicken Chop Noodle ($8.90), with a stalk of vegetable and sunny side up. I had wanted the Curry Chicken Noodle, but it was out-of-stock, thus I decided on this in a rush to order. It was pretty good, with the strong seasonings on the "maggie mee". This can easily be prepared at home, but saved me the hassle to get the chicken chop done up!

Mushroom Cream Pasta ($9.90). Had expected more mushroom than what was served, but overall still an acceptable dish. Although a little over-cheesy, pasta is still springy!

Sea Platter ($15.90), consisting of a pair of prawns, fillet, calamari, fries and coleslaw. Quite a big yummy serving, but menu stated good for one pax! I expected butter rice to be served, but turned out otherwise. Rice aside, the meat is good.

… … …

Food not tasty, service bad

Bought attached promotion coupon recently. The salesman told me that I can exchange any main course for the 50% off coupon but not only those items stated on the coupons. But when I told the staff of my request. The so call manager insisted that s not what they offer and push all responsibilities to the marketing company who sell the coupon for them n even tell me they already hv lots of such encounter. They can give me the tel no of that company for us to complain to them. I can understand their problem of being mis-represented by a marketing company but I cant tolerate they pushing all responsibilities to that company since we as customers re buying that coupon to patronise their restaurant. And the manager s attitude s terrible. He simply doesn care abt my feeling of being cheated n doesnt care to help or comfort us as their customers in any way.  In net, the food there re not tasty at all, the service bad. For the coupon, don even consider as it doesnt worth yr money at all, that s why they hv to package it at such low price. It s not really worth the money good deal.

Ah Dong Teh House

Located at Tebing lane, right beside the scenic Punggol Park, along the Water Promenade Riverside Walk, is Ah Dong Teh House, one among the many eateries and cafes in the vicinity.

One main issue we face when going out in groups would be deciding on a place to have our meals due to differences in food preferences. Half of us wanted to go Whisk and Paddle (a cafe right across Ah Dong Teh House) while the other half wanted a more "Chinese-y" lunch.    Eventually, we settled for Ah Dong, given their tagline, "There is something for everyone @ Ah Dong."

Best of Both Worlds: $16.90   My platter included prawns, tender, succulent chicken chop, creamy mussels, coleslaw, fries and butter rice. I found it cool that my food was served in a legit huge-a** stainless steel pan. It makes me look like such a glutton though.   I would say it was too much for a single person. It could totally be shared among two. The fries became soggy over time and the butter rice would have tasted better if it had a stronger buttery flavour. Though I enjoyed the creamy gravy over the mussels, I found it a little too rubbery and overcooked. Other than that, the chicken chop was tender and nice, and the prawns were fresh and firm.
Meat Lover: $16.90  This is the ultimate meal for carnivores, with a double meat serving of pork chop and chicken chop. The set is completed with fried button mushrooms, fries, coleslaw and butter rice. It was decent overall but the pork chop was slightly overcooked.

Porky Pig: $16.90  HAHA. Is it just me or do you find the name of the dish quite amusing too?    Anyway, it contains deliciously cooked Bratwurst sausages, once-again-overcooked pork chops, coleslaw, fries and butter rice.

Strawberry and Honeydew Milk Tea ($3.50) in humongous cups. A cup would be easily shared between two.    I found the syrup too overwhelmingly sweet after a few sips into the drink. It's like diabetes in a cup! hough the food was average at best, I would say that their prompt service and pleasant environment would make it an alright place for a quick family meal.

For pictures and full review: http://awwsnapz.blogspot.sg/2015/12/ah-dong-teh-house.html

Never Again

Waited 50 minutes for the food and it was just disappointing. The carbonara was tasteless and even a hint of sourness. The sauce for the mussels had split. Cheese bake rice has only the taste of tomato and was dry. The mac and cheese was tasteless and dry. Overpriced for poor quality food.

Very slow service

We came at 9pm. Even at this non peak hour, we need to wait half hour fir our food. And this is the first time i'm sitting in a restaurant where the staff are sitting at the next table with the customers. The grilled fish i ordered is good though.