Reviews for Ah Loy Thai (Shaw Towers)

3.2

AsianIndochineseThai
Address: #01-39/40, Shaw Towers, 100 Beach Road, 189702
31 Jan 2016

thai food

Situated far from the bustling Orchard Road at Shaw Towers, Ah Loy Thai still faces long queues on weekend dinner service. . From Thai steamboat to typical Phad Thai, our fussy taste buds are in for a treat at this small Thai eatery.

More reviews of Ah Loy Thai

Cheap

This is a really cheap and good place for you to have a nice and decent meal at shaw towers. In fact, whenever my friends and I have a craving for Thai food, this place will always be one of the first names that pops up in our lists of Thai dining places to go to. Ah loy Thai has a wonderful and extensive menu of cheap thai food in which you are usually left spoilt for choice and not know what to buy and consume for that meal. This makes me keep wanting to go back to try their food again and also their pretty nice milk tea as well. It can get a little crowded during peak meal hours but if you have the time to spare, do drop by and dine in for some cheap and good Thai food.

Very bad Experience

Very bad experience. Food was served after waiting for 45 minutes. We ordered at 12.10 noon and the restaurant was only 20% occupied.

After asking the crew why our Phad Thai and Pineapple fried rice was not served, the lady at the counter just snapped back and said if its not out in 5 minutes, we will refund you!

Food was salty and not up to standard. I have been there a few years ago. But the difference is too great to simply ignore. The old man clearing the tables was perhaps having a bad day, he splashed the leftover gravy from another table at my mum and when my mum informed him to be more careful, he simply stared at her and continued.

The next thing he did was more amazing, he threw a stack of paper napkins right at my right hand side of my plate and just walked off.

I will never dine at such a place anymore. Service and good food was not present. I rather dine at Golden Mile where authentic Thai dishes are served with courtesy and at more affordable prices.

Overall

Ah Loy Thai, not for the service but definitely for the food.

The land of smiles have not only been a hot tourist location for Singaporeans but the source of one of our favourite cuisines. Thai Food. From Thai steamboat to typical Phad Thai, our fussy taste buds are in for a treat at this small Thai eatery. Situated far from the bustling Orchard Road at Shaw Towers, Ah Loy Thai still faces long queues on weekend dinner service. So what sets them apart from modernized restaurants like Thai Express and Bangkok Jam. Authenticity. Manned by true Thais (they were conversing with each other in Thai language), the dishes all carry a oomph that is similar to the food they serve in Thailand.

For the full review, please visit https://whattoeatah.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/ah-loy-thai-not-for-the-service-but-definitely-for-the-food/?preview=true&preview_id=843&preview_nonce=2c645c6099

Or you can also find me on instagram @whattoeatah

Ah Loy Try :)

Pictures/ Review at http://dinnerndesserts.blogspot.sg/2015/04/ahloythai-llaollao.html

We went for Thai Lemon Grass Steamed Fish, requesting for less spicy. The broth was up to standards and immersed with steamed fish and noodles. 3-in-1 much? We also had Thai Milk (Red) Tea which was good, ethically not drowned in ice. The Fried Sweet Potato Leaves are well-cooked but your average stir-fried vegetables. 2 dishes and rice are sufficient, even though the waitress tried to coax us to getting more.