Back to Ah Loy Thai#01-39/40, Shaw Towers, 100 Beach Road

People Watching3 votes

Wendy Lim 721
 • 24 Jul 2014 37 reviews 16 followers
Overall
I really think I should start skipping breakfast and dinner so I can save space for my increasingly frequent lunches.
Actually today, I was already eating my Greek yogurt in the office at about 12. Had only fruits in the morning so I was hungry.
Then Anne and Maybelline asked me to go lunch with them.. hard to say no.. so yes I went with them! Ha. So I gotta re adjust my calorie intake plan now..
We took a short walk to Shaw Towers and decided to have Thai food. as we were pretty early we managed to get a table immediately. it looks like a family business, the host who showed us to our table was a polite uncle who looked like part of the family business haha.
We were given this order chit – choices aren’t a lot but i guess it was alright. The only curry they have is green curry, and they have the usual tom yum soup, stir fry dishes etc. and today, their salad dishes were all out of stock =_= oh well, doesn’t really matter la.
The restaurant was quite empty at first, then the crowd started strolling in at about 1230-1245pm and there was even a queue outside at some point.
For full review and pics, please visit here - cheers!

poportion
 • 13 Jul 2014 20 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Food is good and restaurant is always filled up by night time. Try the fried sambal kangkong, tom yam gung, pandan chicken and fried calamari! Service is not always good though, some of the staff can be rather rude. Also, the mango sticky rice dessert is never on the menu every single time I pratronise, so don't harbour too much hope if you like the dessert as well!

Must tries: Calamari, tom yum soup, Pandan chicken

• Sambal kang kong

hungrypenguin
 • 30 Jun 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
This Ah Loy Thai outlet nestled in Kopitiam (level3,JP1) is a huge disappointment.

Reached the the food court around 11am, and was greeted by this Chinese lady who was totally unprofessional in her dealings with customers. Due to some ridiculous reason of not having the correct oil delivered to this outlet, only 2 dishes could be ordered (fried rice & stir fried basil).

Seriously, you don't need oil to cook those dishes? If you come on other days, they will come up with all sorts of reasons saying that certain dishes are not available.. I wonder what is their idea of doing business.

It just kills your appetite. Just forget visiting this branch. Service sucks.

If you really want to try, order the Butter Calamari!! *Caution: only if you have time to spare waiting pathetically like a

Must tries: Pineapple Fried rice

After Work
  • EXCELLENCE award in NOT providing people the variety of food as promised in their menu.. Bad service
  • Check out this rude lady. Her service is the lousiest.
  • Check out this rude lady. Her service is the lousiest.