Reviews for Ah Yat Abalone Forum Restaurant (Hotel Grand Pacific) (阿一鲍鱼富临酒家)

3.4

AsianCantoneseChinese

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

Some good food to try

My friend and I bought the Groupon deal which cost us $45 for 2 pax. (Weekday Lunch buffet) It is pretty worth it if you are a big eater. I'll definitely recommend trying the Deep-fried Crispy Dumpling, Salted Egg Custard Bun and Steamed Fish Roe Siew Mai!

• 20 Dec 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Some good food to try

• Har Gow
• 26 Oct 2014 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Nice

Overall
I bought the groupon voucher for the 9 course meal.

the food is very nice and the portion is quite big.
very worth the deal.

however we need to pay additional for the Chinese tea, peanuts & other
• 19 Oct 2014 • 268 reviews • 1 follower

Good 5-course Dinner @ Ah Yat Abalone Forum Restaurant on 18Oct2014

Overall
ee my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2014/10/19/good-5-course-dinner-ah-yat-abalone-forum-restaurant-on-18oct2014/

had 3pax dinner at ah yat abalone forum restaurant at hotel grand pacific last evening on 18.10.2014. :

last time i came here was when a friend had his birthday dinner on 16.7.2014. #1 the soup was good. the lobster claw was quite tasteless, but the soup stock was good & tasty.  i felt that the cooking here at ah yat abalone was generally better than the other ah yat outlets. #2 braised abalone & mushroom in brown sauce was very good.  abalone was 2in size & had excellent texture & bite. the brown sauce was excellent! was not expecting much with the #3 fish fillet japanese style but it was good. fish was firm & bouncy & batter was  good. the sauce was just right & not overpowering. & i finished the entire #4 braised yee keen noodles despite my usual low carb preference, meaning it was good. very tasty for a plain vegetarian dish! excellent! :-) desssrt was a #5 bird’s nest in almond cream. it was competent but bird’s nest does not register much with me, non descriptor. almond cream was smooth. maybe i would be able to taste the smoothness better w/o the bird’s nest. for this dinner, i bought 3 S$28.80pax groupon vouchers. there was a S2.50pax cover charge for tea & towels & a S$3 charge for peanuts (both compulsory charges whether you took or not), which came up to S$12.95. so in total we paid S$33nett pax for the 5-course dinner. quite a good deal.