Reviews for Ah Yat Abalone Forum Restaurant (Hotel Grand Pacific) (阿一鲍鱼富临酒家)

3.1

AsianCantoneseChinese
Address: #01-06, Hotel Grand Pacific, 101 Victoria Street, 188018

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

Some good food to try

My friend and I bought the Groupon deal which cost us $45 for 2 pax. (Weekday Lunch buffet) It is pretty worth it if you are a big eater. I'll definitely recommend trying the Deep-fried Crispy Dumpling, Salted Egg Custard Bun and Steamed Fish Roe Siew Mai!

• 18 Jul 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Not Recommendable - Service Poor, Poor Quality of Food, Lousy order form

Overall
Went with my family and friends after purchasing the Groupon Deal. Good service initially when they call to confirm your reservation when the date of reservation is approaching. Upon reaching, we were given this order form for Groupon customer with only 1 small box beside the dish name for us to write the quantity and they expect us to reuse the same order form over and over again and there comes the big put off! Because we have to reuse the order form, they did not cancel the first order when it came to our table and they thought we are ordering the same dish again, in the end our table came like 8 plate of Chee Cheong Fan and that's not the only duplicate order that came to our table.

And did I mentioned about the attitude of the staff there? We were like transparent even if we are standing infront of her, she just simply walk past, ignoring our existence. I understand that the staff might be old and need an eye checkup, so I don't blame her. But snatching the pencil and order form away from friend while she's ordering, that's d*** rude Auntie!

So I'm done commenting about their customer service and their ridiculous order form. It's time to comment on their food. Food worth trying:
 1. Custard Pau
 2. Mini Egg Tart
 3. Deep Fried Red Bean & Banana

The rest was just plain so-so, char siew pau filling was so little yet the pau was so big, chee chong fan was too thick yet no fillings, xiaolongbao's soup was too salty, dumpling in chilli oil (红油抄手)was was too salty and not even spicy, erm where's the chilli oil? and imagine for the same dish it came multiple times due to the stupid order form, it will just change from taste great to "OMG! NOT AGAIN!"

Definitely won't patronize again. I would rather go to Swatow @TPY or FortunATE @ Chinatown. Even their outlet at Jurong Birdpark, food taste much more nicer and staff are way much more friendlier and most important part, they do not have the same stupid order form to reuse over and over again.

- GodOfAceCanEat
• 30 Jun 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

terrible services

Overall
Recently purchased from groupon to have a dinner with my family. I have to say service is bad.junior waitress's attitude is much better than manager( especially that yellow hair one). No manners and when they heard you purchase from groupon , first sentence is"must purchase for 2 plates of peanuts and wipes, no except" in fact we are fine with that , however the tone is terrible. Food taste is so so, still prefer tung lok and paradise. For me , ( food taste + terrible service ) I won't go with family and friends.
• 09 May 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Overpriced set menu, sub quality material with poor taste

Overall
I went with my friend , because of Groupon voucher. Paid $30.00++ / pax for the deal.

The set menu is defintely over priced and the taste and material used are below restaurant standard. Servings are very small. The main dish is deep fried dory fish , the cheapest fish you can find and no taste , but oily. The noodle served is really plain and can not even beat hawker center.

Very disappointing experience. Will not go back again and recommend to any of my friends.