Back to Ah Yat Abalone Forum Restaurant#01-06, Hotel Grand Pacific,...

Jacky Ng 296
 • 30 Nov 2013 1 review 1 follower
Overall
f*** ta service... waited 1 hr 45 mins for 3 custard bun, asked 3 times from the staff "where is my order..."

ranntoral
 • 22 Nov 2013 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Dim Sum buffet not too bad with groupon deal, I guess the lunchtime discount will work out just as well if you're not a big eater.

Downsides are the beef and char siew dishes, beef texture wierd either baking soda/lye water a bit much and char siew on the dry side even in the chee cheong fun. Siew Mai a bit lacking in taste but had good size and crisp prawns. Egg tarts were kinda meh as well.

Really tasty custard buns freshly made, probably had 6-7 servings shared between 4 people. Hot prawn dishes were pretty good as well.
The rest of the dishes not bad, had ordered the entire menu at least once haha.

Ambience pretty good, got sent up to the upper level and had a large table even for 4. Service was pretty good, just need to ask once or twice and the next couple of dishes get sent out. Be it here or other places, I think a large part of rudeness expereinced by cutomers is brought on by themselves. Ps and Qs get the message across not threatening/atas manners that many are oblivious of.

Parking at bras basah bit of a hassle at lunchtime but where isn't?
Can't remember exact price but 20++ with service tax, tea, peanuts, towel.

Must tries: Custard Bun

Buffet, Lunch

Aldora EnEn
 • 07 Nov 2013 58 reviews 13 followers
Overall
For full reviews with images, pls visit: http://musings-of-a-rabbit.blogspot.sg/2013/10/bday-treat-ah-yat-ablone.html

I wouldn't want to visit the restaurant again after all my indigestion nightmare. In fact I took Medical Leave shortly after as I felt really queasy.. Awwww I do have a weak stomach :(

Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining