Reviews for (Closed) Amici Authentic Italian Restaurant

EuropeanItalianPizzaSeafoodVegetarianWestern
Vrooom

A Pleasant Surprise

I excitedly got my groupon deal and read that Amici has won some service award since 2005, made a booking and was directed to the website instead. I made the reservation online and didn't get any response so I called them the next day to confirm. Then I looked at the reviews and I was a little worried...

Made my way to the restaurant yesterday. Maybe there was a change of management but we were served by waitressess and waiter who were polite, smiles and topped up our water a few times throughout the meal.

We sat in front of the open-concept kitchen. The 3 chefs were very serious and competent in their cooking. I was worried that I might have fried-food smell but the ventilation and air-con ensured that my clothes remained fine.

We tried their Signature crabmeat pasta. The meat was juicy and spicy and the pasta was al dente. The goat cheese pizza was crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. Just right. The tiramisu is moist with a hint of vodka (more vodka would have been lovely).

Our overall experience was very pleasant.
06 Oct 2013 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

A Pleasant Surprise

Our overall experience was very pleasant.
14 Jul 2013 • 1 review • 0 follower

Unsatisfied Customer

After 45 mins of wait, no one has checked on us. An hour and we are still 5th on the queue. No complimentary food/drink given. I ordered for medium well, but was served with medium rare. Didn't feel valued. Food wasn't worth the wait.
07 Jul 2013 • 1 review • 0 follower

Wake up call!

I used to visit Amici quite regularly, but the experience has gone from bad to worse recently! You can no longer make a booking via phone as no one would pick up. It seems that they are pushing for online booking, but the system doesn't seem to be working. I made a booking 1 day in advance, but only to arrive to notice that the booking has not been received, even though the website shows "sent"!? This is unbelievable. As for the food, I used to enjoyed their pasta and steak. But the last 3 visits has been disappointing. Had tried to feedback to the chef but was being told that that is always how it taste! Tonight would probably be the last time that I will patronize this restaurant.