Amici Authentic Italian Restaurant has closed.

(Closed) Amici Authentic Italian Restaurant

Summary

Food/Drink3
Tiramisu, squid ink pasta, crab meat pasta, bruschetta, chilean cod fish, pizza, Beef Tenderloin, Cheese cake, Lamb Rack, Lasagne Al Forno, Rocket and parma ham pizza, Sole, Spaghetti Alle Vongole, aglio olio, beef steak, brownie, calamari rings, calarmari rings, everything's good!, fettuccine alla russa, mushroom soup, parma ham antipasto, salmon fettucini, sauteed vongole, signature crabmeat pasta, spaghetti, wild mushroom soup View all
Dinner, After Work, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, Children/Family, Vibrant/Noisy, Quiet, Wine Lists, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Boys Night Out, Business Dining, Private Dining, Fine Dining, Hidden Find, Large Groups/Gathering, People Watching View all

A Pleasant Surprise

I excitedly got my groupon deal and read that Amici has won some service award since 2005, made a booking and was directed to the website instead. I made the reservation online and didn't get any response so I called them the next day to confirm. Then I looked at the reviews and I was a little worried...

Made my way to the restaurant yesterday. Maybe there was a change of management but we were served by waitressess and waiter who were polite, smiles and topped up our water a few times throughout the meal.

We sat in front of the open-concept kitchen. The 3 chefs were very serious and competent in their cooking. I was worried that I might have fried-food smell but the ventilation and air-con ensured that my clothes remained fine.

We tried their Signature crabmeat pasta. The meat was juicy and spicy and the pasta was al dente. The goat cheese pizza was crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. Just right. The tiramisu is moist with a hint of vodka (more vodka would have been lovely).

Our overall experience was very pleasant.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Amici Authentic Italian Restaurant

Very bad service

This was my 2nd bad encounter with Amici, so bad this time that I took the trouble to sign up an account with hungry go where to warn potential diners.

Suggest that if you want to make a reservation, do not, I repeat, DO NOT, send in your request via their online reservation service. Despite me sending in my request more than 1 week before the actual reservation date, and also having received the confirmation email from the restaurant, they failed to find my reservation anywhere in the book. I wasn't the only one, the Caucasian couple behind me couldn't as well. It's in fact, okay, if my name was not on the book, the very bad part came when the waiter vent his frustration on me for this, which was apparently not my mistake, and implied that I lied about the confirmation reservation by interrogating me on the exact details on how I made my reservations and who confirmed it with me etc.

The rest of the dinner was practically ruin with shots of nasty looks from the unprofessional waiter and waitress (with an exception of a 1 and only nice waiter - who apologised and tried to make it up to us with lots of smiles and attention). We were with children and extended family members, but we felt unwelcomed all the time. We were finally 'chased' out of the restaurant with all the dagger eyes and telling gestures like clearing our plates before we were done.

Perhaps it was a bad idea to bring children to the restaurant. I think this place thinks they quite atas. You cant afford to have the kids making noise in this place. It was my mistake to have introduced my extended family there for what we initially thought was going to be a cozy family dinner.

Trust me that I will never ever step into this restaurant again. Ever.

Bad Time Here !!!

Got a group on deal and thats how I came to try this place. First of all - they seem to have participated in too many deals or offers and they dont seem to want to take reservations. I had to call multiple times and I was literally given the impression that they were full for almost the entire week and when it was only when I started to agree to any slot that they had did the restaurant give me a place.

Surprise - Surprise - an almost empty restaurant. The food becomes secondary after such an experience. And truly - it was nothing great - passably okay maybe but they sure as hell try to ensure that your experience is bad

Two sips

Groupon, I realise, can either make you or break you. I bought the Groupon without reading the reviews and when I did read them, I set my expectations low.

(Btw, HGW puts the restaurant's "favourite review" as the first in the series, so those who don't bother reading more may have their expectations raised to an unrealistic level).

Pumpkin soup: A bit watery, I thought, but perhaps it was a matter of taste. Otherwise, satisfactory.

Vegetarian fusilli: The vegetables & pasta were cooked to perfection (vege -- crunchy outside, soft inside) -- but the tomato sauce! A previous reviewer said the food tasted canned, and I must say there was a definite canned flavour to it.

Desserts can either lift up a rather ordinary meal, or leave a lasting bad impression. The cappuccino cake was forgettable, but what was unforgivable was the artificial milk that came with the tea. Two sips, and I was out of the restaurant.

Worst one

Long wait coz no one attend u

Wait wait for everything

Worst experience

mixed feelings

Drawn in by earlier reviews and craving for some bolognese, we decided to give this place a chance despite the not so tempting outdoor area facing the noisy road. We were seated outside and I got the feeling the waitresses would have preferred it if we were sitting inside, they were not paying attention and seemed unhappy with coming out for serving us...

For starters we ordered the parmaham with melon. Disappoinment: One slice of melon with two slices of parmaham, then the rest of the plate was covered in salat... For the same price as other italian restaurants serve 3-4 times the amount of ham and melon, what a rip-off...

Bolognese pasta was ok, the meat in the sauce made a good impression, but the sauce flavour was not amongt the best I've had here in Sgp. My husband had the pepperoni pizza, which he said was good, very happy with the crispy crust covered in just the right amount of sauce.

Conclusion is that there are many other Italian restaurants we'd like to try before we'll think of coming back. But we'll never order the parma ham melon again in this place... jeez...