Review for Angus House (Ngee Ann City)

3.6

AsianFusionJapaneseWesternWine
Address: #04-25, Ngee Ann City, 391 Orchard Road, 238872
18 Aug 2010

Wangyu!

Visited the resturant during my anniversary

IMO, they serve one of the best (wangyu) steaks in Singapore. The seasoning is done perfect! Tiramisu tastes perfect!

I would definately return for a feast once vitamin. M is healthy!

(Price consider on steep side)

Serivce and furniture needs a little furbishing tho =)

Tiramisu, waygu steaks

More reviews of Angus House

Overall

Been there more than 3x now..

Food was good, steak is sizzling hot and tender. It was consistent, been there a few times now and the standard is the same and predictable, which is really great when we really just want a steak fix. Nothing pretencious, good portion, children had a great time, great experience every time. Thumbs up. Love the set, just by topping up, there's the bun, soup, salad and dessert. Went with my husband and kids.

Long waiting time

We waited for more than 45 mins before the main course was served. We came for dinner. Not too crowded. There were few empty tables.  Unfriendly waitress. Such a disappointment ! First and last visit on this place.
Overall

Our dinner place whenever we go Taka!

Bill was about $144 in total. Service was quite okay in my opinion – I tend to be a lot more forgiving than hubby. When the waiter gave him the dessert choices in 1 straight sentence without any space in between, hubby immediately shot back “wow your dessert name is very long.” Lol.

Water was refilled very promptly and our courses came very quickly too. I’ve got nothing to complain about really!

For the whole review plus pics, please see http://wendylimwendy.com/2014/12/13/angus-house-at-takashimaya-gucci-spree/ - cheers!

Value for Money

A peek at Augus House from the outside, one might guess that the price of the food here must be hefty, since the decor looks classy (I like the piano located near the entrance which automatically play music) as compared to quite a number of its neighbouring restaurants. Seriously, many are missing out on getting decent food at a decent price when they give this quiet little restaurant a miss.

The menu mainly consists of grilled items and spaghetti dishes, which are very flavorful. The abalone with salmon roe spaghetti is practically overflowing with the taste of umi (Japanese word for "sea")! One thing I like about this place is that quality ingredients are used, like abalone, real crab meat (Not those imitation crab meat), big juicy prawns, yet without putting a big price tag for all these dishes. The grilled scallops are so naturally sweet that only a dash of lemon is needed to add a zest to the overall taste. However, if one is ordering the Augus beef, of course it will be far more straining on the wallet (No comment on the beef since I don't eat that).

The service is ok, not exactly meticulous, but they fulfil the basic expectations.

Given the decent quality of food and wallet friendly price, this is one of my top choice for dining if I'm shopping at Ngee Ann City!

This review (with pictures) can be found on my blog: http://morsels-of-delice.blogspot.sg/2014/09/angus-house-ngee-ann-city-value-for.html

Medium beef turned rare

ordered medium beef , served fully rare inside. The waitress didn't say anything at all after we showed her the beef and they took back the half cut beef to just recook. no acknolwdgment at all by the waitress throughout the feedback. Medium and rare is a huge difference and the meat taste diff when it's already cooked to rare and put back onto fire until it become"cooked" for a place that is mid level price the standard for cooking and service is consider low. Portion is small for spaghetti althought taste good.