Reviews for Anti:dote

3.7

Western
Address: Level 1, Fairmont Singapore, 80 Bras Basah Road, 189560

cute presentation nevertheless

Had high expectations on the presentation but abit disappointed overall with the average tasting high tea set. Desserts left mostly untouched. between dim sum or truffle egg, go for truffle egg. Nice ceramic tea set. service was ok. We were seated right beside the glass , not much of a view but its nice with the afternoon sun.
• 12 Jul 2015 • 6 reviews • 0 follower

cute presentation nevertheless

• 10 May 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Great experience for all the family

Overall
Huge thank you to Maggie, who helped organise the fantastic Mother's Day experience we had today. She was fantastic in helping me order a beautiful bouquet of flowers for the wife and fixing the kids menu who have nut allergies.

The food was great, the kids loved the tea and the treasure chest of goodies. all I heard For the rest of the day was when are we going back again, or can I have my birthday there next. Thanks

• Gorgeous display
• 10 May 2015 • 154 reviews • 1 follower

The high tea is a feast for the eyes

Overall
Please drop by http://rollingwrites.blogspot.sg/2015/04/antidote.html for full review and pictures.

This is definitely one of the more exciting dining experiences I have had so far.

Reservations for the high tea ($45++) are a must here.

There were two different menus. You could choose between the Anti:dote tea or the Oriental tea. The only difference is the starters. For the Anti:dote tea menu, there is the Anti:dote black truffle scrambled eggs whereas for the oriental tea menu there is a selection of steamed and fried Hong Kong dim sum.

I chose the Anti:Dote black truffle scrambled eggs. Besides the fragrant smell of the truffle which hits you instantly, the deep fried breadsticks were a perfect accompaniment to the runny texture of the scrambled eggs. I scrapped every bit of the egg clean.

Next up was the drawer of food. Top layer contained the desserts, first drawer contained sandwiches, second drawer contained scones and the last drawers contained biscuits, together with the accompaniment to the scones.

I preferred the sandwiches more than the desserts.

The sandwiches were really the star of the show. While the waitress explained to us what these were individually, we didn't really listen attentively because we couldn't start feasting away. We started off the with Smoked salmon, lemon and dill cream cheese and ikura roe because it was probably considered the most conventional of the lot. Then we moved on to the Boston lobster roll with confit lemon and chervil.  Prior to trying this, I didn't know what chervil was. Chervil is a herb related to parseley which might have ruined my experience of eating this roll since I do not like parsley at all. But the juicy lobster served as a good distraction.

This was followed by the Iberico ham quiche, with mozarella and black truffle. I am partial towards anything with mozarella. The ham and mozarella was scented with truffle and laid onto a puff pastry. Then the Confit duck rillette with foie gras terrine with pickled onion- unfortunately, this tasted more like tuna to me. Of all the sandwiches, this appealed the least to me. We ended with the Coronation curried chicken with apple. This was a very interesting combination where even the pastry had curry powder added to it. However, the apple taste was non-existent.