Japanese ribeye wagyu6 votes
BBQ3 votes

Mitchchua
 • 18 Jul 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
3 of us went for the buffet dinner, 2 of us using the $50 groupon voucher and 1 of us paid the full price buffet at $91! We had the same selection of food from the menu.  Quantity of food was really small and very thinly slice of beef.  Hence we have to frequently asked for replenishment of food and the service was really slow especially for outdoor seating.
The wine selection was limited to 2 white and 2 red labels and we opted for the 2 hours limit of free flow of beer as per the Buffet.
our buffet time began when the order is placed by the waitress not when the food was delivered 10 min later. We were not informed about the time to start and ending of our BuffeT. When we asked for the last serving of beer with the service button, the manager came 10 min later and informed us your free flow has ended.
the waitress Nicky is very friendly and helpful and even realized the charcoal we had required attention as the ash were coming out from the grills.  Unfortunately her hospitality has gone to the drain with a very unfriendly manager around!

Sgjapfoodie
 • 30 May 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Ordered th $88++ set meal for 2 pax, which consisted of 2 Australian beef, 1 Japanese karubi, and beef tongue.

Other items included in the $88++ set meal was quite pathetic as well, consisting of the appetizer (extremely small portion of bean sprouts, veg, mushrooms with sesame dressing - less than one spoonful for each of them), assorted vege for bbq (weren't fantastic), miso soup for each of us, a bowl of garlic fried rice for each of us, and a dessert (fruits cocktail.. seriously? I can get a huge can of it at supermarts).

That aside, the biggest disappointment was the meat!

The portion was so small and stringrent. All three types on meat placed in a small plate probably about an A5 sized paper. Beef tongue was placed separately. Each of us had only 4 slices of each type of the beef!

Besides the small portion, the beef were all EXTREMELY thinly sliced. I wouldn't even consider these to be for yakiniku. They are honestly ridiculously thin, more like it's more shabu shabu. So thin that most of them stuck to the grill and we couldn't enjoy the meat and bbq at all.

Weren't full after the entire meal, despite having the total summing up to $165 for 2 pax.

I'm not sure whether it's because there was the groupon voucher going on with half of the restuarant packed with people eating from the groupon voucher or the food quality is always like that.

There's a $75++ per pax option for buffet dinner but given such thinly sliced beef, i'm pretty such we won't be satisfied even with that. so luckily we didn't opt for that!

IT WAS SO BAD! Btw, was here with a Japanese colleague and both of us were extremely dissatisfied after the meal. overall it's definitely not worth paying for such quality - will recommend other yakiniku outlets like Ao Chan instead.

Management

Dear Sgjapfoodie,

Thank you for dining with us at Arashi Yakiniku Charcoal BBQ Restaurant.

We would like to apologise for the experience that you encountered. As an establishment, we take pride in the quality of food and service. We regret that we were not able to deliver those expectations. We will take this matter seriously and look into improvements.

We hope to have you and your colleague dining with us again soon.

Yours sincerely,
The Management
Arashi Yakiniku Japanese Charcoal BBQ Restaurant

12 June 2014

Elmomoo
 • 11 May 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Bought the Groupon deal at $200 for 4 pax and made a reservation on 10/5 for my fren's celebration. Arrived 1hr early but was promptly seated as there's available seat. Thumbs up! Menu was extensive, and food was super fresh. My friends and I went Gaga over the superb quality of the meat n seafood. Wagyu was tender and seafood was fresh. Pleasantly surprised by the effort to half the prawns back to make eating and grilling easier. What prompted me write this first review on HGW was how impressed I was with their service. We arrived at 730pm and made the last order at 930pm. However, the staffs did not chase us out at 9.30pm (like other establishments we have been to), and even refilled my friend's drink upon request. Thumbs up for the patient and efficient service, despite it being a Groupon deal. Will recommend to my family and friends! Thank you Arashi! :)

Must tries: Japanese ribeye wagyu, Japanese short rib wagyu, kurobuta pork collar, Tiger Prawns

After Work, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Anniversary, BBQ, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Buffet, Children/Family, Dinner, Festivals