Reviews for (Closed) Arashi Yakiniku Japanese Charcoal BBQ Restaurant

AsianJapanese
Address: 48 Boat Quay
Elmomoo

Good Value!

Bought the Groupon deal at $200 for 4 pax and made a reservation on 10/5 for my fren's celebration. Arrived 1hr early but was promptly seated as there's available seat. Thumbs up! Menu was extensive, and food was super fresh. My friends and I went Gaga over the superb quality of the meat n seafood. Wagyu was tender and seafood was fresh. Pleasantly surprised by the effort to half the prawns back to make eating and grilling easier. What prompted me write this first review on HGW was how impressed I was with their service. We arrived at 730pm and made the last order at 930pm. However, the staffs did not chase us out at 9.30pm (like other establishments we have been to), and even refilled my friend's drink upon request. Thumbs up for the patient and efficient service, despite it being a Groupon deal. Will recommend to my family and friends! Thank you Arashi! :)
18 Aug 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Food quality is very average. Not value for money. Bad service.

Bought 2 Groupon vouchers and brought my mum for dinner. There are indoor and outdoor seats. We took the outdoor seats as we wanted to have a good view. View was good alright.

We had the wagyu buffet. Variety is limited, quality is not good. There's no the "Wow" effect for wagyu. Definitely not value for money. Sashimi tastes bad, not fresh at all.

Service is really bad. We waited for 45mins for our first order (raw meat) to arrive. They had even delivered our order to another table by mistake. We had asked the waiters for our orders numerous time and they just told us to "wait". Terrible service, especially when we are only given 2 hours for the buffet.

They served appetisers (korean small dishes) but they charge $3 per plate. Wet serviettes are at $1 each. Drinks are non-inclusive in the buffet.

Overall we did not enjoy our dinner here. It's more for travellers who happened to visit Boat Quay and are enticed by the photos outside the restaurant. Will definitely not return and not recommend anyone here.
12 Aug 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Terrible service don't go there!

Give this a total miss.The food was ok but the service was non existent and when we complained it got worse.The grill was too smokey first there wasn't enough coal then there was too much and the food got burnt Noone cared there was 10 waiters inside all on their phones and we were 5 of us the only customers so clearly this restsurant deserves to close down as it has no service whatsoever and it 2 as extremely expensive for the very small portions of food.
18 Jul 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Grilled to poor manager

3 of us went for the buffet dinner, 2 of us using the $50 groupon voucher and 1 of us paid the full price buffet at $91! We had the same selection of food from the menu.  Quantity of food was really small and very thinly slice of beef.  Hence we have to frequently asked for replenishment of food and the service was really slow especially for outdoor seating.
The wine selection was limited to 2 white and 2 red labels and we opted for the 2 hours limit of free flow of beer as per the Buffet.
our buffet time began when the order is placed by the waitress not when the food was delivered 10 min later. We were not informed about the time to start and ending of our BuffeT. When we asked for the last serving of beer with the service button, the manager came 10 min later and informed us your free flow has ended.
the waitress Nicky is very friendly and helpful and even realized the charcoal we had required attention as the ash were coming out from the grills.  Unfortunately her hospitality has gone to the drain with a very unfriendly manager around!