Back to Arossa Wine & Grill Restaurant#02-01, Scotts Square, 6...

Ala Carte5 votes
Wine Lists5 votes
Birthdays4 votes
Relaxed4 votes

Esther Xie
 • 28 Sep 2014 51 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I enjoyed every single dish on our table that night and I highly recommend this place for date nights.

The main highlight is the Grilled Blue Fin Tuna with Salsa Fresh Tomatoes! I am personally not a fan of tuna but this dish was so good it changed my mind! Arossa Grill takes pride in their fresh ingredients and grilling techniques, it can be tasted through this wonderfully grilled dish.

The calamari is easily one of my favourite dish of the night. I have always loved deep-fried sotong but is often disappointed by joints dishing calamari that are too floury or bland. The calamari at Arossa is crispy and delectable, and also came with Spicy Aioli Sauce for dips. So outstanding that I would definitely recommend everyone to order this when you dine at Arossa.

Pics on: http://www.estherxie.com/2014/07/arossa-grill-and-wine-bar.html

RogTJC
 • 21 Sep 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We received a promotional mailer from JPassport on Arossa and being a fan of good Japanese pasta, we were really looking forward to try the food. We went on a Saturday afternoon.

First - The Service
 We were at the entrance looking at the menu. The restaurant server at the door did not greet us and left us alone. When we expressed a wish to have a table, he did greet and welcome us in. We were promptly served water and bread. The service was attentive & professional where they will check on refilling and clearing plates promptly. However, it all felt rather 'cold'. They were definitely not rude but just a very noticeable lack of warmth and smiles. It was a bit uncomfortable as it contrasted greatly with the ambiance of the restaurant which was very cosy and warm.

We asked about the JPassport promotion: "This exclusive 1 for 1 lunch set by Arossa is from 11:30am to 2:00pm.” But we were told it was valid only for weekdays but it’s not stated at all in the mailer. We actually saw a few people asked about the promo and left because it was not valid.
Second – The Food: We really wanted to try the food and had their set lunch. The appetizers: Salad with prawns was tasty, light and delicious. The minestrone soup was also delicious and filled with crunchy vegetables.
The mains: Spaghetti Peperoncino was light and tasty. The wagyu hamburg was well-seasoned and still moist and juicy inside. However, there was a piece of tendon in the humburg that was just too tough to chew and contrasted with the rest of the meat.
The dessert: Dessert was a trio of mango sorbet which was sweet and delicious, a panna cotta which was, in my opinion, the best of the whole meal. It was simply light and super delicious and not overly sweet with the right texture. However, it was marred by the third of the dessert trio – simply called ‘chocolate’ by the server who said it’s not a chocolate cake but more like a tart. Well, it did not look like a tart to us but more like a small piece of flourless chocolate cake. And it really was bland and had no taste whatsoever to it…
Overall – The Experience: Strangely disappointing was how I would describe it. I had some strict diet restrictions which I informed the server about. In a restaurant of this calibre, I would expect this to be communicated to the chef and be offered something as an alternative, which did not happen. (We were seated right in front of the head chef.) The food was some hits and some misses but generally good – though, nothing exceptional to us. Was it value for money? Not really. We just felt a bit hungry after the whole set lunch. Most of all, I was very disappointed with the impersonal service which just did not gel with the environment and the meal.

Must tries: panna cotta

Business Dining, Lunch, Private Dining, Quiet, Wine Lists

tjevans
 • 04 Sep 2014 22 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Firstly, the decor is welcoming, warm and relaxed. Secondly, the service was professional and knowledgable. Thirdly, and most importantly, the food was delicious. The beef cheek was superb, the carpaccio was fresh and tasty, and the cheese lovely - a great selection.

The only odd thing was the music - an apparently never ending guitar solo.