Reviews for Astons Specialities (Sembawang)

Western
Websterlkc

Cheapest Steak in Singapore

Taste is average, but only impressive their thickness of steak and cheapest price even for lamb and beef steak.

Please visit my food blog
SGMY Foods
21 Jul 2014 • 5 reviews • 0 follower

Unpleasant service

I went to have dinner with my mom. We were next in the queue, and as we were carrying bags of stuff, I asked the Filipino guy in black shirt (I suppose he was the manager) if we could get a table first. He said that we would still need to queue up to place order and make payment. I said, "Sure." He excused himself to look for a table for us. Then I saw him talking to another customer and brought the customer in. After which, he disappeared. Obviously, he forgot about my request. Then came a service crew, I asked him the same question. He replied in a very irritated tone and expression, "Don't want lah... You queue up first lah..."

Throughout the dinner, no customer service was rendered, other than serving our food. And when we were leaving, The Filipino lady in black shirt was just standing at the entrance, yet she did not bother to say "Thank you and see you again" or stuff as such. We did not get welcome greetings when we arrived earlier, either.

The food and ambience was so-so. The service was terrible. Not only one crew, but three of them altogether. That was the first and the last visit for me and my family. Being in the F&B service line for a decade, this kind of service is something I would never allow my staff to render. I feel totally disgusted. I will not recommend this place to anyone.
10 Jan 2014 • 22 reviews • 0 follower

Cheapest Steak in Singapore

Please visit my food blog
SGMY Foods
04 Jan 2014 • 71 reviews • 2 followers

Dinner Time

The outlet used to be at the top floor but has since moved down to b1 floor. The system too has changed. Now one pays as you order, before showing you to your table. Prices have increased too.

We have Hickory BBQ Chicken ($8.90) with French Fries and Mac & Cheese as sides, Grilled Fish with Herbs ($9.50) with Tasty Rice and Coleslaw as sides, and Seafood Marinara ($9.90) with Cream of Mushroom Soup. Also top up another $5 for Cream of Mushroom and Snapple combo.

Overall feel that the servings have reduced. The french fries does not as much seasoning as it used to have. Place very crowded with long queue. At payment, staff remarked need 20 minutes wait for food.