Unice Chua SP •
08 Feb 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower
I went for a date night with my husband on 7 Feb 2014, a Friday evening. The restaurant was less than half full, and was quiet and cosy. We enjoyed the ambience.
After ordering the drinks, I ordered a duck liver appetizer and my hubby had the escagots. Both dishes were okay.
For the main course, I ordered the black cod while my hubby had the duck leg confit. We got the mesclun salad as a side.
The duck leg confit was a tad too dry and tough, and also too salty. But the bigger surprise was in the black cod dish. The black cod sits on a pile of chopped mussels mixed with some grains and spices. When I was half way through the pile of chopped mussels and grains, I bit on a stone and it gave me a shock. My husband could hear the cracking sound made by my teeth. I spat it out and continued eating the rest of the food. Towards the end, I bit on a second stone. TWO STONES IN ONE DISH! This was not what I had expected of a reputable restaurant. But I didn't want to make a scene as we were having a good time with each other. So I just informed the waitress who was near our table about the stones.
She cleared our plates and left. After a while, another waiter came to us and explained about the ingredients used. He went on to say that none of the ingredients used in the dish could have contained any stone. He was not apologetic and did not ask whether I was ok after biting on the stones. He didn't even admit that the restaurant was at any fault in serving the dish. At this time, the dessert was served and he left.
At the end of the meal, we were given the billl, and the restaurant just behaved as if nothing has happened. It did not think that it has a duty of care to diners, who assume that the food they consume is safe.
I am sharing this to warn all those who intends to patronize the restaurant. While the general level of service is good, they became defensive when told that something is not right.