Auntie Kim's Korean Restaurant (Upper Thomson)

Summary

pancake, ginseng chicken soup, stir-fried pork, Fried PanCake, Korean Pizza (aka pancake), Nakji bokkeum, ddeokbokki, samgyeopsal, Glass noodles, Jap Chae, Pork shoulder, grilled fish, kimchi stew View all
Dinner, Lunch, Children/Family, After Work, Quiet, Large Groups/Gathering, Ala Carte, Business Dining, Vibrant/Noisy, BBQ, Birthdays, Healthy Eating, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Private Dining View all

Please think thrice or don't even think about it

I would like to apologize is this review is going to offend any fans of this restaurant. But seriously... It's totally not worth it. It's only my first time here and I guarantee that it will also be my last time. The reason why:    1) It is not worth the price. The serving is small just like 2 pieces of pork shoulder and that's it.. $22.  The side dish plates are so big but the portion of food they served is so small for 5 people. The side dishes are only suitable for 1 person and not 5. Furthermore, there are charges for refill of side dishes.    2) The service is slow.. Even raw meat, It took them about 20 mins to serve to our table. It's Raw, not cooked meat. If Raw meat took about 20mins, how about cooked?    3) Kimchi soup is not up there. Small serving too.    Overall, I am really disappointed with this meal. Very... I hope the management will look into this. I know profit is very important to each business. But earn the profit with dignity and pride. It will only look nice if you earn profit from return customers and not 1 time off customers.

Most helpful reviews for Auntie Kim's Korean Restaurant (Upper Thomson)

Really no go

DONT EVER STEP INSIDE! We were there for the very first time. Nice ambience and tea to start with. But quality of food and price of it fell short. Staff were also eerie as they kept glancing towards our table because there werent other customers. Stingy portions of side dishes were provided, with add-ons at an additional price. Overall, if you were there just for tea i give it a full

Food okay

Ok

Good Food

Recently, I went to eat with my friends. The food they served were really delicious. We love the korean ginseng chicken, the seafood pancake, bbq pork set, grilled fish and the kimchi stew. The service were great too. The food came out pretty fast. The pricing was acceptable. I will love to visit this resaurant another day.

Overrated

Food/Drink 1| Ambience 3| Service 1

Googled for the best Korean restaurant in SG and was brought to this place. Made a reservation after browsing through their online menu at http://www.auntiekim.sg/. Brought my family over, hoping to let them try the not-so-common Korean dishes that I saw on their online menu (Eg. Jjimdak and Gamjatang). Was EXTREMELY disappointed when I asked for their Dinner Special menu and was told that they did not have other menu for the day (my goodness, it's a Saturday bro). Not sure if their online menu was for the other branch at ARC (to be fair), but there were nothing indicative of that on their website (at least to my knowledge).

Fine, ordered all the common Korean dishes. Sundubu Chigae - Not spicy enough and very tasteless in my opinion; Haemul Jeon - Frozen pancake that wasn't well cooked; The only other edible one was their Ginseng Chicken, but even then, I had greater expectation of it since this was considered a pretty authentic Korean restaurant.

Plenty of staffs but service was not great.

Tasty authentic Korean restaurant

Made a reservation on a weekend for my family of 5, and lucky I did because it was really crowded when we got there. Side dishes servings were a little small but refills were not chargeable so that's fine. Their pork shoulders, jeon (pancake), glass noodle dish were reallyyyyy good! If I wasn't so full I would have ordered more jeon. Service was good too, dishes didn't take too long to arrive. Will definitely be back again!