Reviews for Ayam Bakar Ojolali

3.3

AsianHalalIndonesianMalayMalay / IndonesianMalaysian
Address: #03-39/43, Lucky Plaza, 304 Orchard Road, 238863

Great food!!!

Delicious ayam bakar and superb sambal..! I had my first Gurame fried fish here and it was awesome! I still can't forget the taste of that fish.. So fresh and so juicy... Plus lots of crunch.. The chicken is not undercook,it's perfect especially when u dip with the sambal...
• 05 Jul 2013 • 1 review • 0 follower

Great food!!!

• 27 Oct 2011 • 155 reviews • 2 followers

Unauthentic

Overall
My mom's from Indonesia and i've definitely had better than what I ordered.

Fine, so maybe I ordered the wrong thing but my Bee Hoon Bakso (Beef ball noodle) was bad. The soup tasted like it was filled with msg and the beef balls were hard with a chewy skin. Kind of like it came from a frozen pack. So yeah, I was definitely not impressed and if anyone has recommendations for good bee hoon bakso, i'm all ears:)

• 08 Sep 2011 • 579 reviews • 20 followers

Yummy Ayam Penyet and even yummier sambal

Overall
Read the full review at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com/2011/05/ayam-bakar-ojolali-lucky-plaza.html

If you want ayam penyet (Malay-style fried chicken that's smashed before serving), you've gotta go to Lucky Plaza. There must be at least 5 different eateries selling this Indonesian fare.

This eatery is really quite a hole-in-the-wall, with a seating capacity of about 20 people, but fret not, they have a separate shop unit, about 3 shop units away, that can house another 10 diners.

We got:

1) Ayam Goreng Set ($6.50), crispy juicy fried chicken loaded with delectable batter crisps and served with a beancake, fried beancurd and rice. They have 2 types of sambal chilli, one with kecap manis (sweet black sauce) and one without. Mix them up together and you get a potent fiery mix that's lipsmackingly good with the fried chicken

2) Soto Ayam ($4.50) Malay-style chicken soup that's both wholesome and rustic, with the distinct taste of tumeric and cumin accenting the lightly spiced clear soup