Summary

Seafood Aglio Olio, Chicken Khuzee, Cold Chicken & Orange Salad, Iced Salted Caramel, Lamb shank, Squid ink risotto, Badoque Mojito, Fish and Chips, Iced Salted, Iga Bakar, Kepak Bing Bing, Lamb Stew. Wholly Cow Pizza, Naked Salmon, Pink Frangipani, Ribs, beef ribs, fish and chips, octopus in garlic View all
Dinner, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, After Work, Chillout, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Children/Family, Hidden Find, Romance/First Dates, Quiet, Vibrant/Noisy, Brunch, Girls Night Out, High Tea, Supper View all

people found this review useful

Most helpful reviews for Badoque (Bedok)

Bad dining experience.

Heard plenty of positive reviews online. But when I went there with my friends, it was a nightmare. I ordered the 400g steak. ordered it medium and they served me medium well. requested to change it. they say they ran out of steak. It was tough and overdone. and to my sunrise. the male waiter tried to lecture me about how to cut a steak.I was furious. I mean I work in the culinary industry and someone is trying to teach me how to cut my steak. best of all is they tried to charge me for it when I did not ate it at all. but they did not charge me in the end. I wrote my thoughts on facebook and gave my feedback to them. they Took it personally and wanted to take legal action against me if I did not remove my thoughts. definitely not a place I would recommend friends or family to go there to. despite of the humongous portions, the service is disgusting.

Poor staff services and food.

Steak , tough overcooked. tasted like rubber. Frozen meat. When you reject it. Staff starts giving excuses that meat is marinated 3 days. marinating that long will just make the meat melt into your melt. Instead its so hard like your sole of your shoe. Disgusting. Price is definetly not worth the food.

Marvellous in taste; massive in portion

Badoque Cafe is primarily an American cafe with a heavy fusion twist incorporating Malay, Indonesian and Mediterranean cusine into the menu. Ambience was casual, relaxed yet intimate with the tiny bulbs, dimly-lit concept and brick walls. Menu consists mainly of meat items - very reasonable prices for massive portions, and the service was personable and polite.

Iced Salted Caramel Milkshake (SGD$8.50) was thick, creamy and delicious in its sweet-savoury blend.

Kepak Bing Bing (SGD$12.50) - juicy and crispy chicken wings in a blend of chilli padi and spices. Juicy, yes; crispy, yes, and spicy, yes that, too - and a very heavy-handed dose of it too. I loved it though, being a lover of spicy food, and I loved the tenderness of the meat. I was on fire after eating a number of these appetite-whetting wings. It had a very familiar rojak flavour which I spotted immediately, and upon checking with the staff, confirmed that there were also shrimp paset and ground peanut tosssed into the mix indeed.

Next, Badoque Ribs (SGD$36.00) - tender beef ribs glazed in homemade BBQ sauce. Tender was almost an understatement as the flesh was so succulent, it slid off the racks easily, basked in nectarous and smokey BBQ sauce that made it very enjoyable.

Then Iga Bakar (SGD$36.00) - Indonesian-style beef ribs glazed in sweet and spicy soy sauce; served with fragrant basmati rice. Don't be fooled by the darkness of this dish - you'll brighten up the moment these ribs touch your palate - tasty. tender amd moistened, with great flavour to boost. The aroma of the rice added a nice control to the heavier flavour.

For full review and more detailed information, please feel free to refer: http://thearcticstar.blogspot.sg/2016/04/lunch-at-badoque-cafe-bedok.html

Bloggers who have eaten here

Purple Taste: Badoque Cafe @ 298 Bedok Road

We had a mission to accomplish. That particular mission was a quest to sample the Tomahawk at Badoque that's located near Simpang Bedok. Heard many good things about this cafe from Ivan and it sure piqued our interest! Getting to Badoque is not difficult, just that it was really far for a westie. Took the train to Tanah Merah and then head towards the bus stop across the station and take bus #9. Stop at opposite of Bedok Marketplace and walk for about 5 minutes to reach the cafe.

inside the cafe Badoque has both indoor and outdoor seats. It was kinda windy and hot on our day of visit, so we opted for the cooler but darker (in terms of lighting) indoor dining. Unfortunately for us, the Tomahawk remained elusive as it is only available after 3pm.

For lunch, there are still quite a number of selections to choose from, so we ordered two ribs, a fish & chips and some fiery chicken wings to try. Was warned that the wings are so spicy that the Chef, himself had difficulty in handling. Ok, bring it on!

But, in any case, we still ordered plenty of ice blended drinks in preparation to douse the 'fire' on our tongues when necessary.

(from left to right) ice lemon tea ($5.50+), frangipani ($8.50+), mojito ($8.50+) and salted caramel ($8.50+)
Liked the Frangipani the most. Made of soda, blood orange and lemonade. Such a pretty shade of reddish pink. Sweet and refreshing. The Salted Caramel tasted like milk, mostly.

One could already smell the 'kepak bing bing' before it actually reached the table! The aromatically pungent and enticing smell of belachan, plus look at the amount of chili seeds... No joke.

Kepak Bing Bing @$12.50+ do you dare?
The spices hit fast and lingered for quite a bit. Taking sips of the ice blended frangipani was actually, not a good idea because it felt even spicier after that. Keke! But pretty shioks though.

When the beef ribs arrived, it most certainly elicited some "oohs" and "aahs". A humongous and thick slab of ribs. It was really my first time in seeing such a big portion of any ribs.

Badoque Ribs @$36++
The Badoque Ribs were indeed tender and fall-off-the-bones type and served with BBQ sauce. Tangy and appetising. Liked the green beans and potatoes.

We also tried the Iga Bakar, which was the Indonesian styled beef ribs. More ribs? Yeah! It was as if we were on a meatatarian rampage. Similarly, the serving was huge and meant to be shared amongst two pax. Loved the savoury sweet sauce and the rice was so good. And that...

Originally posted at: purple-eats.blogspot.com/2015/12/badoque-cafe-298-bedok-road.html

Great service and Food served.

We were recommended to try the food at Badoque Cafe at simpang bedok. We first thought it just normal asian food but we went to look at the menu and see some food not heard before like Burning Berberd. sounds funny but we ordered like 3 sets and we ordered Seafood aglio olio, Sirloin Steak, Chilli Chombis, Badoque Ribs and Ayam Rantau Abang. We were surprised when food was delivered, Huge portioned and the taste were delicious too. We were overwhelmed by the food served and the staff who served us were very nice too as we had children with us and they automatically served pur kids with children plates and utensils. Great service and Great food overall!