Bakerzin (Jurong Point 2 Shopping Centre)

Summary

warm chocolate cake, Aglio Olio Spaghetti, Braised pork rice, Lava chocolate cake, The chocolate amer, orea cheese cake, strawberry shortcake View all
Lunch, After Work, Chillout, High Tea, Dinner View all

Bakerzin Sin.

Yes I have committed a sin – it’s like a cheaper addiction of Marche / Medzs. It costs $20/year to be a member of their, well, sin. I must say that it’s totally worth the while – they have vouchers like free desserts (of course, except the Dessert Box), free coffee, free Warm Chocolate Cake on your birthday month, free 6 x macarons etc. Also, 10% off on all meals (except Meal Boxes), and 20% off on your birthday month. Discount’s applicable for buying macarons off the shelf too, so I must say, the membership is of good value if you frequent the restaurant.

They adopt, a very timeworn feeling on the menu – made of paper-like material, but still with warm colors, I like it. I guess they’ve fulfilled what they want for their menu – ‘Visual Memories’.

Mushroom Soup ($5.90++) :: Mushroom / Clam Chowder Soup have always been my favorite starter before a meal. Before I tried their Mushroom Soup, in particular, I’ve pretty much had an expectation of their soups in general. With the soups that come along with Meal Boxes, I’ve had enough of their, Corn Soup, Green Pea Soup, and the likes. They are just not for me. They’ve always been left to dry whenever I have a bowl of it. Disappointingly, same goes for the Mushroom Soup. It has a grainy texture to it (I know that some people actually like it), but doesn’t have a rich taste of mushroom. If you ask me, avoid all their soups at all cost.

Baked Chicken Wings ($8.90++) :: First bite in and I thought, ‘this tastes so much like those I’ve had at the coffeeshop at East Coast Park’. I quite like it, and it’s worth the money. Quantity and quality both satisfied.

Pan-Grilled Bratwurst (2 Pieces) ($8.90++) :: What’s absurd is that the picture on the menu shows a stack of mashed potato, but it turned out otherwise. This is one of my pet peeves when eating out. It’s the most ridiculous when there’s a change in menu and they don’t have the courtesy to inform the patrons during taking of order.

Creamy Mushroom Linguine ($11.90++) :: Firstly, this course is very creamy. Secondly, it’s very mushroom-y. And by very, I mean, very. So if you are both a fan of creamy pasta and mushrooms, this is so for you. I adore it.

Coupe Cheesecake Verrine ($10.90++) :: The thing I like about the verrine is.. the macaron that tops it. Otherwise, haven’t always been a fan of strawberry. Would definitely like to try their Coupe Black Forest Verrine next.

Besides the aforementioned, I have some other courses I’ve tried before.

Lamb Stew Pasta ($16.90++) :: It was my first time trying Lamb Stew Pasta, and no, if you are thinking the same – it’s dry pasta, the normal, pasta. Just with lamb chunks. It’s a love-hate affair, I love the lamb, but the taste it gets onto the pasta makes it quite bad (don’t get me wrong, I’m one who loves the lamb taste). So if you’re adventurous enough, or want to try something exotic, you can give this a go.

Carbonara ($12.90++) :: Very ordinary pasta.

Linguine with Bratwurst Balsamico ($13.90++) ::  Surprisingly, I like this course. I’m not usually a fan of this combination of meat + pasta, but the bratwurst in this occasion, makes the whole dish very easy to finish.

Linguine Vongole ($14.50++) :: Not a very friendly dish, in my opinion. I am guessing that only a small percentage enjoys this. No it’s not that it’s badly cooked, it’s just, clams aren’t too popular, and white wine too. Top them up together and it’ll take a strong lover to love this. I actually love both, but the white wine might be a little too much / strong. Otherwise it’d be a fresh choice.

Aglio Olio Spaghetti ($7.90++) :: To me, they have this nailed. It always takes a lot of effort for me to order some other courses other than this, topped with Mushroom, Bacon and Ham (additional $5++). It’s spicy to my liking, piping hot, and just done so nicely. A must try!

Braised Pork Belly with Rice ($13.90++) :: The rice that comes with it kinda reminds me that of the Japanese’. A little sticky and hard, but not quite there. But the braised pork belly is yummy. If they have it as an appetizer, it might be on my to-order list everytime I’m there.

Meal Boxes :: Before ordering, I always check with them the Soup and Dessert of the Day. If they are to my liking, then Meal Box it is. It comes with a cold drink too (Iced Tea / Italian Soda).

Chocolate Souffle ($8.90++) :: Considering the price, and that it’s afterall not a chocolate specialty restaurant, it’s awesome enough for me. I guess chocolate just can’t go too wrong.

Bakerzin Dessert Box ($21.90++) :: Unless the cake of the day is awesome, you probably shouldn’t order this. You’re better off ordering desserts individually – making it suit your tastebuds rather than having them do it for you, which can never be better.

I don’t expect much, service wise. But I must say, the main courses is the reason why I keep going back. It’s just, there.

Most helpful reviews for Bakerzin (Jurong Point 2 Shopping Centre)

My first Bakerzin

This branch Jurong point is my very first experience Bakerzin experience. Their cake is one of my favourite. I would always try out their tiramisu and strawberry shortcake. Bakerzin at Jurong point has a bigger area compared to other bakerzin in Singapore. However, the staff is very polite and courteous. The ambience is good for a nice place to chat in the afternoon and you can have friends gather around this area to have a nice chat with afternoon tea and cakes. I will recommend to try their cakes at bakerzin. The strawberry shortcake is one of their must try in my opinion. Ya, not the same, got change abit.

Bakerzin

I find that bakerzin makes the best creme brulee. The cream is velvety and smooth while the top caramel glaze is bliss. tHe warm chocolate cake is full of oozing chocolate fudge but the price is very steep. One serving costs $9.80, which is almost 3 times the price of beard papa. During tea-time, there is always a promotion where you can get an beverage for $2, which normally costs over $4, still, it burns a hole in your pocket. The pasta dishes are horrible, even the pasta wannabes in heartland mall food court tastes better. The whole cakes are awfully expensive but they do have a variety of mini-cakes. Still, the fancy packaging, with nice plastic bag and bling bling sticker is quite comforting for the price you have to pay.

cake lover zone

dine in is way better than take away, because you can really sit down and sip in the moments of joy with each bite of cake. the warm chocolate cakes, the colorful treats made from almond, and they always have promotion on cakes. indulge and simply forget all your problems.

macaroon with a local touch

The macaroons at bakerzin is really yummy and awesome. I will always buy a couple home whenever I pass by bakerzin. My whole family loves them! The macaroon shells are soft yer chewy. Their fillings are really good as well. I love their Sakura flavour. Very fragrant!

they also have local flavour like teh tarik too! so innovative!