Bakerzin has closed.

Summary

Warm Chocolate Cake, profiteroles, Bailey's souffle, Chocolate Amer Cake, Jivara tart, New York Cheese Cake, Scarlet, Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Corn Panna Cotta, Teas, Tiramisu Cafécinno, blackforest cake, carrot cake cupcake, coupé black forest, lemon bloom cheesecake, pork chop with potatoes, seafood pasta View all
High Tea, Dinner, Girls Night Out, People Watching, Lunch, Quiet, Romance/First Dates, After Work, Brunch, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy View all

Surprisingly great food and service!

Went there on a Sunday for lunch.

It was easy to find. In Paragon. Great people watching, comfy seats, not overcrowded. Very efficient, polite and attentive service. The staff got our orders correctly without us repeating or raising our voices.

The got us water and offered warm or cold water (most places don't even know to ask warm or cold or even offer water!). We had coffee and warm water. The coffee was fantastic! Came in a mug too - generous!

We had Teriyaki Pizza and a Cheeseburger. Fantastic quality!

The pizza was great! The crust was perfect but because the Teriyaki chicken had a wet marinade, the sauce made the crust a bit soggy by the end of the meal. But it was SO TASTY and so well-balanced! VERY generous in sauce, meat and veges. It came out better than the picture on the menu!! Generous size too.

The burger was the 2nd best burger we've had in Singapore (1st is Fat Boy's at Joo Chiat). Generous meat and real cheese. Very tasty and it came out HOT (unlike at Relish where it came out COLD). Very high quality ingredients and very well-balanced taste. Cooked medium as we requested. The burger had doble cheese and a creamy mushroom sauce. Oh the mushroom sauce was DIVINE!!

The side was a potato salad instead of chips. It was so good we didn't complain about the lack of chips!

Highly recommended for the food and service. The prices are steep. The pizza cost about $17+? And the burger about $26+? The coffee was standard price but in a mug it was worth it.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Bakerzin (Paragon)

Bakerzin @ Orchard Paragon

This is an adapted review from my blog. Full review and more pictures are available at:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My impression of Bakerzin as a confectionery store and coffee serving cafe was challenged when I flipped through their menu and saw that they offered several main dishes as well.

I haven't tried too many of their other beverages, but their Tiramisu Cafecinno has caught my heart with its wafting fragrance, creamy smooth texture and sweet buttery taste, earning a few thumbs up from me.

Bakerzin does not hold back in their serving portion, which makes the price on the menu seemed reasonable. Take Mum's Curry Chicken for example, which at SGD16.50 sounded ridiculously pricey for a such a simple dish, but the servings was enough to feed two adults if they were not ravenous.

It gave me my very first experience with a Chocolate Souffle and Sweet Corn Panna Cotta, and  I loved these fluffy desserts. Other confectioneries listed in the menu tempted diners with vivid colors, making you wish you could just order them all, health be damned.

Great Curry

My favorite is the chicken curry! super delicious. Everything else is also above average. The lunch menu sets are also very reasonable and have a wide selection. Service is also good.

Baked to perfection!

I didn't have a good impression of Bakerzin the first time I dined there because they charged for ice water. Then, I avoided Bakerzin because of this policy and I was really surprised when my friend recently told me that Bakerzin has started to serve ice water. Hence, I decided to give Bakerzin a second try and I didn't regret it at all! For the main course, I savoured the teriyaki chicken rice which was absolutely memorable! The chicken was tender and enhanced by the teriyaki sauce. The rice was fragrant and nicely cooked. The raspberry panna cotta is impeccable! Although it looked like silky smooth tofu because of its texture, the dessert is actually heavily accented with milk and fresh raspberry! The perfect dessert to end dinner indeed! Also, the service at Bakerzin has improved significantly. The staffs were friendly and passionate. They were also able to give good advice and recommendations on the food. Overall, my casual dining experience at Bakerzin has improved tremendously.

Good food though service could be better

A couple of weeks back, I went to Bakerzin at Paragon only to be greeted by a long queue. After waiting for some 45 mins in the queue,we were finally seated and the server said it was time for the last order and slapped the menu onto the table grumpily and she stood beside us, waiting to take our order angrily. However, most of the dishes were already sold out at that time and we weren't told before hand while waiting and there wasn't any dish available that we wanted, so we had to order dessert instead. The server then irritatingly grabbed the menus and pointed to the display case where the cakes were displayed and stomped off angrily, and left us to find another server to take our order.
The other time I came, though the service did improve(the previous server last time was no where to be seen), I did have to wait 15mins, waving my hands frantically to get their attention to take my order. All I have to say is, though they do serve scrumptious food, the restaurant would have a better image if they had better service.

Great desserts

Bakerzin at Paragon has really good desserts, especially their souffle. Service is pretty good except for 1 server who doesn't seem that she's into her job and always shows an unpleased face.