Bakerzin has closed.

Seasonal Warm Chocolate Cake, Set Meal, macarons View all
Dinner, Lunch View all

Best macarons ever

Food/Drink 5 | Value 4 | Ambience N/A | Service N/A

For more reviews, please check out http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com/2011/06/bakerzin-suntec-city-mall.html

They were probably the first people to make macarons popular in Singapore, and rightly so. Their French creations are light-as-air, fluffy, with the creamiest of fillings and always uniquely flavoured. We got a Box of 6 Macarons ($9.65) to takeaway. I love all of their flavours except the orange one, it's too saccharine. Favourite flavours are the yuzu (yellow), rose (light pink), blueberry (purple), raspberry (deep pink) and coconut (green with white filling).

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Bakerzin (Suntec City Mall)

Baked Chicken Wings, Seafood Pizza and Pasta

Baked Chicken Wings

Looks great served in a silver pan and each serving comprises 8 pieces @ $8.90 (each piece is either a drumlet or winglet with tail-end). Presentation-wise absolute great. Upon first bite, I didn't feel like taking another bite. It was oily (proven by large blobs of oil stains on the plate after we finished) and tasted stale of the frozen chicken meat. Disappointment.

Pasta

Bf ordered the pasta (can't remember what flavour) which turned out to be undercooked penne. OMG have never tasted such hard pasta.

Seafood Pizza

I actually like the ingredients that go with it - the standard stuff - mussels, prawns and squid. Amount does not look generous on the pizza but once you start eating it, it isn't that bad as most mouthfuls you can still taste some of the toppings. Weirdly, pizza was crispy on some parts and soggy on other parts at the underside of the pizza (wet plate?).

Verdict

If I have a choice, I wouldn't go back there again >.<

Amer Chocolate cake!

Went to get the whole Chocolate Amer cake. Must say it definitely deserves to be one of the Top 50 cakes in Singapore. It is just so awesome! It's not sickly rich, and not sickly sweet. It is PERFECT!

The service is terrible. No one is serving anyone. The staff just sit around giggling with each other. I stood there, in plain sight, for a really long time before someone came to say "can I help you?"

But if we're only talking about the cake, the Chocolate Amer is one of the best chocolate cakes I've ever tasted.

Sorry no photos because we ate it too quickly! Best served at room temperature - not chilled.

The food in bakerzin

Personally, I love the pork chop with potato. I like the tenderness and juiciness of it. It is definitely very filling after that. The glass noodle is also interesting to find it in a more western restaurant. I love the Ceaser salad as I find the vegetable fresh! The dessert is nice too, however I find it too sweet. Good service!

great dessert

What sets Bakerzin apart from the other cafes is that they offer set meals all day long instead of only at specific lunch or dinner hours. Their dessert is wonderful and we like their multi-color macaroons, marvelous blueberry cheesecake and melt in your mouth New York cheesecake.