Bakerzin has closed.

Review for (Closed) Bakerzin (Ngee Ann City)

3.3

DessertsInternationalWestern
Address: #B2-08/04, Ngee Ann City, 391 Orchard Road, 238872
04 Aug 2010

Awfully chocolatey

Bought their cake 2 days back for my bf birthday since it was on 30% off and it was quite cheap.

The counter girl was very nice very helpful, she recommend me to get the dark chocolate cake and it was so delicious! Even my bf who’s not big on cakes likes it a lot…

I must say the cake was rich but not over powering, chocolatey enough to satisfy. it was a good mix of chocolate flavors & smooth mousse…I am still reminiscing on the way the cake taste…haha

I will from now on, most definitely get their cakes for any birthday occasion

Chocolate Cakes

More reviews of Bakerzin

why do they bother?

Tried Bakerzin's macarons. AWFUL. Epic FAIL. Why do they bother? At full price - no promotions, the quality is the same as when there was a promotion. Awful. Like seriously, why bother to make macarons when they have absolutely NO IDEA?

The service is very polite and friendly and helpful. No fault there. But the macarons are TERRIBLE! Overly sweet and crumbly shells and just buttercream filling which is sickening.

Fake flavour, very small size. It's such a fake that it shouldn't be called a macaron! Imposter!

Do NOT buy macarons from Bakerzin if you know what a macaron is!

Best to stick to their chocolate cakes. The Etoile and Amer are the best things Bakerzin has on offer so far. Nothing else is good at all...

Macarons

Lots of people have been telling me about Bakerzin's famous macarons. Being a long-time customer, I apparently never tried one before so I decided to try it for myself recently. Now I understand why the macarons are so famous. Not only is there a wide and colorful variety of this wonderful sweets, they are also smooth, mildly moist and they also melt in your mouth.
Overall

Cabonara with plenty of bacon

Just celebrated a friend's birthday there today. I ordered a Cabonara set meal. It consists of chicken cream soup, bread and butter, salad, a chocolate cake and generous helping of bacon and spaghetti! YUMMY yummy yummy! I finished the spaghetti before the bacon was finished cos there was so much. And the salad with crunchy lettuce and dressing was a lovely starter.
The chocolate royal cake was so pretty and rich. The ambience was just ok i guess. Open air in a shopping centre with ppl walking by.

Bakerzin

Came down to check on their Lunar New Year Sweet Treats. The shop is spacious and there were many comfortable cushioned seats. I ended up buying the Sesame Cookies at $14.80. There were about 40 pieces in a box and it was really good. The biscuit was crispy and had a strong aroma. Other lunar treats include Golden Pineapple Tarts, Chocolate Nero Cookies and more! The staffs were very attentive and didn't take too long to get my order. Also, they were very warm and smiled throughout the transaction.