Bakerzin has closed.

Review for (Closed) Bakerzin (Tampines 1)

3.4

DessertsInternationalWestern
Address: #01-39/40, Tampines 1, 10 Tampines Central 1, 529536
27 Sep 2011

Upgraded over the years

Years ago when I was still in primary/ secondary school. I still remember Bakerzin as a small bakery with only cakes and beverages. Their chocolate amer is still a favourite of mine till today. But now with a wide array of good food in their menu. Choices are unlimited.

Tried their set box which consits of their soup of the day (pumpkin), bread, mutton stew, smoked salmon and their dessert of the day which was the unassuming chocolate roll and was surprised at the quality of the food.

Everything was good. Mutton was cooked perfectly and the pasta was aldente. Soup was nice and creamy but not too thick. My favourite was the chocolate roll. It had crunchy hazlenut praline pieces hidden inside which was a nice surprise as I only expected a boring chocolate roll.

They have many other options for their dinner box. Their barrimundi looks equally good and is next on the list.

Mutton Stew Spagetti

More reviews of Bakerzin

Overall

Average food and service.

Went there on 19/12/14 for late lunch and ordered their seafood pasta in tomato sauce and brandy apple tart as dessert. Seafood pasta came with prawns, squid and clams. The tomato sauce taste was light which was to my liking but the squids was a bit chewy. I was a bit dusappointed with the dessert brandy apple tart. The puff underneath the apples cube was tough and I had a hard time cutting it up with my spoon but the apple cubes and ice cream compliment the puff and even out my disappointment.

You are wrong to define it as Dessert Cafe

Went to the Tampines outlet with my boyfriend previously.
They were having promotion of free flow homemade bread and it tasted great.
Bakerzin Bakerzin sounds pretty much like a dessert shop but well, you are wrong to define it this way.
There are quite alot of choices of main dishes for you to choose from.
The service was FAST and we didn't wait long to be served even though it was lunch hour.
Besides that, I tried before their warm chocolate cake or so, it was heavenly.

Hot n Yummy

ate at this place recently, cozy place seafood pasta was good served hot and sliced home baked bread to go with your meal or dip it in your hot soup, go try the set menu $16.80 worth it !

Great experience

My dinner last night at Bakerzin was wonderful. We were seated quickly and. the service was good. I ordered their curry chicken w rice- didn't know they have tt huh?thai salad and panna cotta as dessert.

Chicken Curry : Superb!!!the chicken was so tender..and the curry sauce was so just right in tast! not too diluted/ spicy . seriously ,one of the best curry (even compared to the famed ones) i've had locally

Thai salad: Pretty good! but try this only if you like thai food, it actually taste pretty authentic compared to all the ones i have in bangkok

raspberry panna cotta: I love it! Not too sweet and not too sour.. just the way I love it. And OH... the texture is smooth & creamy..... Highly recommended.