Review for Bakerzin (VivoCity)

3.2

DessertsInternationalWestern
Address: #01-207, VivoCity, 1 HarbourFront Walk, 098585
04 Jan 2014
Overall

will never complain about overdose of good chocolate!

Drop by http://rollingwrites.blogspot.sg/2013/12/bakerzin-vivo-city.html for pictures!

I opted for Chocolate Amer ($8.50) which is a flourless sponge cake, with chocolate mousse made with valrhona chocolate. I was pleasantly surprised that I could switch vanilla ice-cream for chocolate ice cream. Now this is a marvellous combination of all things chocolatey. Rich and suitably bitter- unless you have a heart made of stone or you absolutely hate chocolate (how's that even possible?), you will fall in love with this cake.

More reviews of Bakerzin

Bakerzin

Bakerzin's cake is one of my favourite in the past. I would always try out their tiramisu and strawberry shortcake. Bakerzin at vivocity has a smaller area compared to other bakerzin in Singapore. However, the staff is very polite and courteous. The ambience is good for a nice place to chat in the afternoon and you can have friends gather around this area to have a nice chat with afternoon tea and cakes. I will recommend to try their cakes at bakerzin. The strawberry shortcake is one of their must try in my opinion.

worst ever

Order cake priced @ 7.8 when bill came was 9.8 I asked them about the difference. And they said 7.8 is for take away. Day light robbery.

When ask the waitress said, that when you are having the dessert they gave extra. All i saw was alittle fruits which does not justify the price they already put in the first place.

When you sell at $4, means consumer pay the price or lower not higher!
Overall

Love their new menu-Grilled Barramundi & Nice Desserts!

For full review & photos, please visit:

Bakerzin has launched new menu somewhere in 2014 which i think it's quite a good change. They have a wide selection of very delectable desserts that made me feel like trying them all.

Another Main Course that is worth to mention is their Grilled Barramundi. I never expected that Bakerzin can cook such a nice grilled barramundi! The exterior skin was very very crispy and the creamy sauce was fantastic!!! I wish they can put more sauce...The meat was a tad not tender enough otherwise it will be perfect! Thumbs up for this dish!

Bakerzin rocks! but...

I had a great chance to visit Bakerzin together with my family two weeks ago. The cakes where nice and the cappuccino up to international standard. The staff though, friendly but unfortunately not trained. When I asked to see the slices of cakes, the waitress was very accomodating and friendly enough to show us the cakes on display next to their cashier. Although she knew that prices displayed meant to be for take away only, she kept that valuable detail to herself.

I have then happily selected one slice of foret noir that was displayed $6.50 but then ended up to be $9.80. Same goes for Choco American that supposed to be $5.00 but then $8.50.

All in all, the quality is excellent despite unpleasant surprise and earburning prices.