Back to BaliThai Restaurant#03-61/62/63/64, Novena Square, 238...

Priyankac
 • 16 Jun 2013 160 reviews 1 follower
Overall
The thing about chain restaurants are that you know what to expect, and if you know what you are craving (something spicy in my case) then these are a good choice. The service at their Novena outlet is a little shoddy, but the food is good. I keep coming back for the sautéed baby kailan, papaya salad and olive rice. The prices rival even coffee shop fare, you cannot beat that.

Must tries: Baby kailan

After Work, Cheap Eat/Budget, Dinner

The Hungry Bunny
 • 14 May 2012 479 reviews 19 followers
Overall
Read the full review at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com/2012/04/bali-thai-novena-square.html

This is a place you go to for run-of-the-mill, cheap and fairly good Thai and Indonesian cze char fare.

We had:

1) Tao Hoo Talay ($12.50) beancurd with seafood, which is also known as hotplate beancurd in cze char places. This was a very no-fuss, standard dish, with a garlicky eggy oyster sauce based gravy slathered over the silky beancurd and the requisite prawns, squid and fish slices.

2) Gai Phad Bai Krapow ($10.80) stir-fried chicken with basil leaves was also no-fuss, spicy and fragrant, with baby corn and long beans lending texture and fibre to the dish

3) Satay Madura ($9.80 for half dozen): skewered chicken from the Indonesian menu - tender and moist, with a chunky peanut sauce for dipping

4) Belinjau crackers ($3) were paired with a watery sour-ish but potent chilli sauce

Miss EatNonStop
 • 19 Mar 2012 11 reviews 19 followers
Overall
Were on our way to Lerk Thai but we took a wrong turn and ended at Velocity instead. Decided to try Bali Thai since we really had a craving for some Tom Yum. Was quite tempted to try their ala-carte buffet at $29.90+ per pax. Thank goodness The Man stopped me in time.

Thai Iced Coffee was the worst I ever had, super diluted with no taste of coffee.

Tom Yum Seafood soup was warmed over a tiny little fire, which did not help to keep it warm. The soup itself was served mildly warm, not hot. Fried egg beancurd was okay, tasted the way it should (as confirmed by The Man).

Pineapple rice was also barely warm, some part of the rice were in chunks (like the kind of overnight rice) and I don't taste any pineapple. Meat floss were added sparingly. I heard that some thai restaurants re-use the pineapple "shell" and I highly suspect this was the case for our meal, cos there were little flies which started bugging us after the pineapple rice was served.

The food were served super fast, like within 10 minutes after we placed our orders. Service was okay, the only frown we had was when we had to remind them 3 times for our dessert (Mango glutinous rice).

Mainstream Thai restaurants like Thai Express and Lerk Thai serves way better thai food.