Reviews for BaliThai Restaurant (Novena Square)

3.3

AsianHalalIndonesianMalay / IndonesianThai

Book a Table

ArcticStar

Thai Shrimp Paste Fried Rice is fabulous

We are no strangers to Bali Thai Restaurant and its authentic Thai-ish settings as well as traditional Thai-esque dishes such as pineapple rice or Tomyum soup. However, tonight we managed to try something different here - their promotional sets, at $11.80++ that comprises of a main course and a drink. For my mains, it was the Seafood Phad Thai Noodle - generously tossed with lots of juicy shrimps and tender squid as well as some mussels. The noodles were springy and tasty; moistened but not greasy, rich with the sweetness of seafood and egg. It was a pretty good dish at that price. His main was the Thai Shrimp Paste Fried Rice, something that I wanted to try as well. Remember that I don't take rice..... right? But this one was so scrumptious from first bite - rich in the aroma of shrimp paste - that I kept stealing bites from the Beau. I did not really fancy the sweetish chicken by the side though the Beau enjoyed it. For desserts, we shared the Thai Tapioca with Coconut Cream (U.P. $4.80) but only only topped up SGD$2.00 as part of the set meal. The tapioca was quite soft, though retaining its solid texture. Its natural, soft sweetness was complemented nicely with light coconut cream, adding a touch of smoothness to it. For full review and more photographs, please feel free to visit:
18 Feb 2015 • 401 reviews • 3 followers

Thai Shrimp Paste Fried Rice is fabulous

• Exterior
06 Jun 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Great Food

Took the opportunity to try out this outlet with my girlfriend. Heard about the 'Must Try' green curry, which was worth it. Will be back again for with more people.
05 Jun 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Delicious offerings

I am a fan of spicy Thai food so I gave it a try when I chanced upon this outlet at Novena. The food was delicious and quite worth it. Will definitely return again!

Similar Listings