02 Feb 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower
Went there for the Lunch ala carte buffet during CNY 2014. Both the food and service were deplorable.
1) Shark's fin consist of nothing but tapioca flour and vermicelli. Reminds me of those $2 "shark's fin" at food expos.
2) Sweet and sour pork coated with so much flour you can't taste the meat.
3) Fried rice was tasteless.
4) Chilli crab was not fresh enough. Furthermore, fried buns (that usually comes with this dish) are subjected to an extra charge of $1 per bun, with a minimum order of 4 buns.
5) Fish maw soup was like the shark's fin soup, full of tapioca flour and water.
6) Roasted duck was clearly overnight food. It was re-roasted until the skin was a little burnt. The meat was also the toughest I've ever eaten.
7) Hor fun was burnt.
8) Fish fillet with spring onion was not fresh. It was in bits and pieces (instead of slices) when served.
9) Scallops were mushy. Clearly they did not defrost it before they fry it.
10) Most of the other dishes are very salty.
1) Food took ages to come.
2) When asked to change plates, the waiter grumbled that it would be bad if we change plates after every dish.
3) My uncle decided to change plates himself; the waiter scolded him, saying that he should wait for service (which took ages to come).
4) Every single waiter looked unhappy with their job and their face is in a perpetual state of anger and frustration.
5) Waiters were not equipped to handle the New Year crowd.
6) Waiters walk around knocking on customers' chairs without apologies.
In summary, do yourself a favor and do not frequent this place. It is relatively cheap, but I would rather eat at a "zhi char" store in a coffee shop than visit this place again. No photos are uploaded to spare all of you the horror of this place.