17 May 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower
Went there on a Sunday aftnn to cele my grandma's 70th birthday.
1) Long queue at entrance with big families waiting to be seated. My gma was on a wheelchair. Customers in front of us waved & called the servers but all were ignored. Apparently we all had reservations & just wanted to know which table was ours. We had to phone our relatives who were seated inside & then entered ourselves. Nobody attended to us even when they saw us walking in.
2) 1 waitress (grumpy old lady) came & asked what drinks we wanted (we weren't even seated down yet). She was shouting in mandarin "Sir! Sir! What drink u want! Sir!" As we were still settling down (we had 2 tables & it was squeezy for 21 pax so we were still shifting chairs & allocating seats for the kids), I told her politely to come back later. Her response "I VERY BUSY HORH NO TIME TO COME BACK LATER. I WANT TO SERVE ALL 1 SHOT NOW. SIR! SIR!" We just settled for hot tea to get her to stop screaming.
3) They kept on serving food over our heads & from my gma's side even though we asked them not to. My gma's wheelchair was at the most spacious side (obviously) so they kept serving from there & even said "My legs need to go in else I cannot put the plate down!" The waitress was MUMBLING & COMPLAINING NON-STOP about being short-handed while serving.
4) Brought gma to handicap toilet & it was locked. We asked some1 to open it & she said "Just use the normal toilet la!" We explained that the wheelchair can't enter that's why handicapped toilets exists. She replied "Go 3rd floor toilet can!" We had to make my gma walk to the normal toilet because she was urgent. She just suffered a stroke so she can't really walk.
5) They never once cleared our tables & changed our plates. We self-service all the way & kept walking to the counter to take new plates, etc. We also cleared our own plates (incl. the main dishes huge banquet plates) & put it on the counter & they then cleared from there.
6) They only refilled our tea ONCE. I had to get the pot myself & went around both our tables pouring for every1. That 1 time she refilled for us, she spilt the tea unto my plate & said that the pot was lousy. Yes she did not apologise for soaking my crab either. She merely said she'll change my plate, WHICH NEVER HAPPENED.
7) What appalled us further was that when they served us the food, they passed it to us by hand instead of putting in down on the table themselves?! Attitude cos we didn't want them to serve from my gma side?
8) We asked for a knife to cut the bd cake, they kept pushing us here & there. We went to open their drawer to take a knife & clean plates & serviettes ourselves.
9) After singing the bd song, the MANAGER remarked in Cantonese "Like that we no need to sleep already lor, stay here so long." (we assume they nap btwn shifts?) He shouted across us to another waitress. Yes they were clearing up & shifting tables etc. but we weren't even the last customers!
FIRST & LAST TIME THERE. They ruined Ban Heng's reputation.