Reservation is highly recommended as Bar-Roque
is really popular. A testimonial to the good food they dish out.
Seating wise, one can opt to sit indoors or outdoors. We went with indoors, and were fortunate to be seated at the main dining area where we could see the chefs at work. Oh yes, Bar-Roque has an open-concept kitchen. They must have really good ventilation as we left the restaurant smelling as fresh as we first stepped in!
And from the menu, we ordered:-
1) Red snapper ceviche, $24
– This was one of the specials for the day, which we immediately ordered once the staff said this will be served raw. Almost carpaccio style. Fresh, raw fish slices cured in calamansi sesame and spiced with chili powder, this was so good.
2) The vegetarian, $14 (small)
– There are 5 flavours for the tarte flambee. Going along with the staff’s recommendation, we ordered ‘the vegetarian’, which had mushroom, onion and gruyere (cheese) topped on a very thin, crispy bread dough. A must try!
3) Pan seared foie gras, $28
– Served with granny smith apple, duck jus and brioche.
4) Free range yellow chicken, $24 (half)
– I just had to order this. The sight of the chickens being roasted in the oven (from where I was seated) was so inviting. We decided to go with half chicken as we ordered a fair number of dishes. And this was so good! The skin was crispy while the meat was really tender.
Due to the (silly) 3000 characters limit, continue to read my review on other dishes here: PART2
8) Peach tart, $14
– This was also one of the specials.
I definitely recommend Bar-Roque Grill
. I am in awe that they paid attention even to the smallest details. For example, ceramic cups are used for warm water so that patrons can hold the cups easily.
Service wise, the staff are really friendly. Which includes the chef too! Chef Stephane shouted me a “Happy birthday” (again) from his kitchen just as we were able to step out of the restaurant. Ha! Our glasses of water and wine were always topped up promptly and we were always able to get the staff’s attention easily.
In fact, the energy at the restaurant is really high. My girl friend and I really enjoyed our time at Bar-Roque Grill. So much so that my girl friend said she’s going to bring her partner. And I will be back too to try the other items on their menu. Besides ordering a-la carte, one can also order their tasting menu
Bar-Roque Grill definitely has a winning formula for greater success with the delicious food served and great service rendered.
PS : I am a blogger too! Lifestyle blog
, Food Blog