Back to Bar Stories57A Haji Lane

Bakuhjem
 • 14 Sep 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Decent drinks but the attitude of the bar tenders totally ruined the evening.  Asked in a demeaning manner and rushed to say what type of drink we prefer, and the whole time we were given the impression that we don't belong there.  Not what you expect if you're paying $25+ a drink.  Been to many bars (this more pretentious than most) and I usually don't mind paying for good quality food or drinks but when bar tenders think they are god's gift to the world, then they have no place in F&B.

misterdavelee
 • 06 Jan 2014 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
My friends told me I had to visit this place because the mixologist will pretty much make me something I would like. So I tried it out and to my disappointment, the drink (which comes with a hefty price tag) did not quite turn out to be what I liked. It is a pretty cool concept but I think I would prefer to know what I am paying for and not be susceptible to disappointments like this.

Ray for Lynne Enroute
 • 17 Jun 2013 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The full review can be found here:

Something about this place, even if it is hidden in what some may feel to be a shady neighborhood, screams fun, laid back, and no pretensions.

Just get a seat (if you can get any. Gets really full even on slow days), tell the bar tender what kind of drink you are looking for that night, and they'll mix something up based on the "mood" you are in. If you love it, maybe you can have it listed down so that it will be your regular poision every visit you make.

Are the drinks quality? Yeah pretty much. It's not the best bar in the world, but it has to be in your list of places to have a sip when in Singapore.

For the full review and pictures, it's all in this link: http://bit.ly/11cv5yV