Summary

Food/Drink4
Ambience4
gelato, Parma Ham and Cantelope, cheese station, grilled items, Lamb Rack, desserts, everything, Foie gras, Crispy Pork Belly with Oven-Baked Apple, beef medallions, wagyu beef, Sunday brunch, Truffle Honey, Veal, antipasti buffet, focaccia mascarpone, ice cream, many oils vinegars as salad dressings/with breads, risotto, Creme Brulee, Crudo bar, Espresso Tiramsu, Tenderloin Steak, The Meats!, Tiramisu, aglio olio, anchoives, apple strudel, baked fish, beef lasagne, buffet, cannoli siciliani, casis sorbet, champagne brunch, chitarra, cod, coffee gelato, foccacia pita, four cheese pizza, gnocchi, grilled chicken, grilled fish, guava gelato, italian, lemon basil sorbet, lime sorbet, mango mousse cake, pizzas, plum with jelly, pudding, raspberry chocolate cake, red wine pear, salmon, squid ink bread, tomato soup, tomato stuffed with cheese, tortelloni View all
Dinner, Buffet, Lunch, Large Groups/Gathering, Quiet, Romance/First Dates, Business Dining, Brunch, Fine Dining, Private Dining, Children/Family, After Work, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Corporate Events, Anniversary, Vibrant/Noisy, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Birthdays, People Watching, Chillout, Boys Night Out, Hidden Find, Nice Deco, View/Scenery, Business Breakfast, Live Band, Supper, Trendy, Wheelchair Friendly View all

Great Italian buffet

We had a wonderful lunch as basilico. it had a fantastic spread of appetizers, several interesting salads, and tons of cured meats and cheese. there were also grilled meats, pasta, pizza, and lasagna. interestingly, there was a small table were you can find Asian delights such as curry, laksa, and soups. but seriously, who comes here for that? they also have great desserts.

Most helpful reviews for Basilico

Delightful and value for money dining experience!

Had decided to try out this Italian establishment for our wedding anniversary and it was a fulfiling experience. The waiters service was prompt and attentive without being intrusive. Spread was good with a wide selection of cheese, fresh salad offerings with unique taste enhancers (there is herb salt, squid ink salt!), cold cuts (the ham was excellent!), meats, stews.
For those with a sweet tooth, you will be in for a treat as there was a delectable choice of cakes, tarts, tiramisu, and even a gelato bar.

Best Sunday Brunch Buffet

Basilico is where you'll find the Best Sunday Brunch Buffet. This place serves a wide, dazzling array of pure, authentic Italian food (unlike those "international buffets" that always serves common hawker fare which I can get at a fraction of the price at kopitiams).

No punches pulled back when it comes to presenting all those delicious Italian food with the fresh and glorious ingredients. Due to the generous amount of herbs, seasonings and quality oils (think truffle and olive) used, resulting in the food there being pure indulgence. The freshly prepared pasta drenched in thick, flavourful sauce is thoroughly cooked while still retaining the firm texture (as preferred by locals, rather than the al dente favoured by Europeans). The grilled fresh meats and vegetables are done just right: have the distinct smoky aroma yet not burnt. The thin-crust pizza is filled with premium ingredients sitting on top of the very thin dough, just how I like it.

My favourite of the spread got to be the readily replenished fresh seafood consisting of prawns, crabs (shell cracked already, so it is easy to get the meat out, plus points for this), lobsters, crayfishes, scallops and more. Just this section is enough to keep me happy. Also love the cold dishes section where I can try a variety of Italian dishes not regularly found in buffets in other places. The use of olive oil, Italian seasonings, sweet ingredients make these dishes absolutely enjoyable to tuck into. Don't miss out on the decadent foie gras. However, I find that the cooking standard of foie gras varies on my several visits. Sometimes, it is perfectly cooked with the fatty, flavourful core wrapped in a thin layer of crisp, while there are times where the little morsel was coated with bitter charred surface. To be fair, I got the over burnt foie gras during the earlier visits, which is quite long time ago, rather than the latter.

Another must try is the Parma ham. Would not want to eat other types of ham (saved for Iberico) after savouring the premium Parma ... I wanted so much to go at least 4 rounds to enjoy myself fully with all these great food, though alas, my stomach says that I can only go for max 2 rounds.

The dessert section is another winner, featuring panna cottas, gelato, amaretto desserts, Italian tarts and cakes, which all meet my expectations. Another big plus point; real vanilla beans are used. Though I admit that I prefer the desserts in the buffet spread of another three establishments.

The place is very posh with reasonably good service.

A place great for indulgence.

This review (with pictures) can be found on my blog: http://morsels-of-delice.blogspot.sg/2014/09/basilico-best-sunday-bunch-buffet.html

Italian Goodness

So to keep my word that I would bring my hubby here, we came here for dinner.   The buffet spread as many had said, is truly spectacular! It's a brilliant showcase of the awesome cuisine of Italy and then more!   Grilled Lamb Ribs - hubby ordered this as his main and the meat was grilled perfectly, tender and juicy. There is no funny gamey taste and the sides are also well cooked.   Fresh Pasta with Bacon Chunks - I found the fresh pasta cooked al dente and the shape of the pasta is a little special, not long like spaghetti but way fatter! I didn't really like the bacon chunks though. Not my most favourite pasta experience. Should have stuck with my usual favourite and not be so adventurous. Haha..   I remain a fan of this place and have converted my hubby too!

Fantastic 3-Course Dinner with Consistent Great Service!

For full review and photos, please visit:

Most restaurants provide inconsistent service but I've been to Basilico a few times, I must say their service is always very consistent - BEST Service! The staff were all trained to be very polite, always with a smile and provide high level of service at all times, compared to other hotel restaurants. We were really very impressed with each and every of them. (Kudos to all the staff at Basilico!)

For the 3-Course dinner, you can get the antipasti items from the buffet counter. After you're almost done, you may inform the staff to start preparing your main course. (Select 1 Main Course from the menu) After the main course, help yourself with the extensive dessert buffet! So this will be the 3 Course Dinner with extensive choices from Basilico! :)

You can expect quite high quality food and desserts here! The 3-Course Dinner at Basilico definitely worth every cents you paid, compared to other fine dining restaurants. We usually have only 1-2 choices of antipasti and dessert at most fine dining restaurants, but at Basilico, you can have at least 10 choices of each! Overall the ambience during dinner is quite dim and romantic, very cosy too! Trust me, you will not regret dining here - Basilico is definitely 1 of the BEST choice for Birthday/Anniversary or any celebration!