Back to BasilicoLevel 2, The Regent Singapore, 1 Cuscaden Road

Wheelchair Friendly3 votes

Princess J
 • 29 May 2014 374 reviews 13 followers
Overall
So to keep my word that I would bring my hubby here, we came here for dinner.

The buffet spread as many had said, is truly spectacular! It's a brilliant showcase of the awesome cuisine of Italy and then more!

Grilled Lamb Ribs - hubby ordered this as his main and the meat was grilled perfectly, tender and juicy. There is no funny gamey taste and the sides are also well cooked.

Fresh Pasta with Bacon Chunks - I found the fresh pasta cooked al dente and the shape of the pasta is a little special, not long like spaghetti but way fatter! I didn't really like the bacon chunks though. Not my most favourite pasta experience. Should have stuck with my usual favourite and not be so adventurous. Haha..

I remain a fan of this place and have converted my hubby too!

Must tries: Lamb Rack

• Pasta with Bacon Chunks
  • Grilled Lamb Racks over mash
  • Selection from the Anti-pasta Buffet Spread

ArcticStar
 • 16 Feb 2014 210 reviews 1 follower
Overall
We have been wanting to dine at this classy and elegant Italian restaurant for a while, what more, enjoy a good Italian buffet. So here we are finally.

So, it works this way - order a main course, and one is entitled to the Buffet selection at the round counter. We had thought that it was an entirely Italian buffet concept, counters filled with platters of different Italian pizzas and pastas, but it was not so. Nonetheless, we ordered a Main Course each, and then went ahead to attack the buffet bar.

The mains came. One of the items was the gigantic and thickly-crusted woodfire Squid Ink Pizza with Smoked Salmon and caviar - delicious, but mostly because of the sumptuous factor from the salmon and caviar. The crust was a little thick for my liking, and "squid ink" could not be tasted though it is rather evident in color. I thought it was a tad dry, but we were assured that traditional, authentic woodfire Italian pizzas are such - so we learned to enjoy the moment and chew.

Finally, my King Scallops - a mouthwatering, grilled dish of succulent, juicy, bouncy pieces of heaven served on sticks. Yes, they were huge, and each bite was a delight. The scallops tasted of the sweet, faint distinct metallic taste of seafood that I absolutely adore, and the bouncy meat was meltingly soft. This was the winner of all four, for sure - and the only one that got polished 100% (duh!)

For more detailed information and photos, do pop in:

Dinner, Fine Dining, Nice Deco

Management

Dear ArcticStar,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the overall experience at Basilico! We are happy to receive such positive feedback and we will certainly share your kind comments with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Julie Hanssen
Food & Beverage Guest Relation Manager

18 June 2014

Seth Lui
 • 06 Feb 2014 71 reviews 4 followers
Overall
With an amazing Italian buffet spread, Basilico is the place to go for high quality antipasti buffet. The latest chef menu is designed and themed around the produce available in ITaly according to the seasons of the year.

Highlights include: Carpaccio with Black Truffle and ParmesanKing Scallop SaladBeef Medallion with Portobello MushroomsClams in Pinot Grigio Wine andhomemade Italian Gelato!

Read my blog for full review as well as photos!

After Work, Corporate Events, Romance/First Dates, Trendy

Management

Dear Seth Lui,
Thank you so much for your great review here on hungrygowhere.com as well as on your blog! Next week we are launching the Summer Basilissimo - time to come back?
Do feel free to contact me directly at 6725 3275, I will be pleased to personally take care of any arrangements and it will be a pleasure meeting you in person.
Warm regards,