Back to BasilicoLevel 2, The Regent Singapore, 1 Cuscaden Road

Wheelchair Friendly3 votes

Morsels of Delice
 • 11 Sep 2014 47 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Basilico is where you'll find the Best Sunday Brunch Buffet. This place serves a wide, dazzling array of pure, authentic Italian food (unlike those "international buffets" that always serves common hawker fare which I can get at a fraction of the price at kopitiams).

No punches pulled back when it comes to presenting all those delicious Italian food with the fresh and glorious ingredients. Due to the generous amount of herbs, seasonings and quality oils (think truffle and olive) used, resulting in the food there being pure indulgence. The freshly prepared pasta drenched in thick, flavourful sauce is thoroughly cooked while still retaining the firm texture (as preferred by locals, rather than the al dente favoured by Europeans). The grilled fresh meats and vegetables are done just right: have the distinct smoky aroma yet not burnt. The thin-crust pizza is filled with premium ingredients sitting on top of the very thin dough, just how I like it.

My favourite of the spread got to be the readily replenished fresh seafood consisting of prawns, crabs (shell cracked already, so it is easy to get the meat out, plus points for this), lobsters, crayfishes, scallops and more. Just this section is enough to keep me happy. Also love the cold dishes section where I can try a variety of Italian dishes not regularly found in buffets in other places. The use of olive oil, Italian seasonings, sweet ingredients make these dishes absolutely enjoyable to tuck into. Don't miss out on the decadent foie gras. However, I find that the cooking standard of foie gras varies on my several visits. Sometimes, it is perfectly cooked with the fatty, flavourful core wrapped in a thin layer of crisp, while there are times where the little morsel was coated with bitter charred surface. To be fair, I got the over burnt foie gras during the earlier visits, which is quite long time ago, rather than the latter.

Another must try is the Parma ham. Would not want to eat other types of ham (saved for Iberico) after savouring the premium Parma ... I wanted so much to go at least 4 rounds to enjoy myself fully with all these great food, though alas, my stomach says that I can only go for max 2 rounds.

The dessert section is another winner, featuring panna cottas, gelato, amaretto desserts, Italian tarts and cakes, which all meet my expectations. Another big plus point; real vanilla beans are used. Though I admit that I prefer the desserts in the buffet spread of another three establishments.

The place is very posh with reasonably good service.

A place great for indulgence.

For photos, Visit my blog at http://morsels-of-delice.blogspot.sg/2014/09/basilico-best-sunday-bunch-buffet.html

Here Here
 • 21 Aug 2014 14 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Some friends and I had dinner at Basilico on Sat night.  As expressed in the title of this review, the restaurant was above average, but nothing to write home about (though I guess that's what I'm doing right now!)  I wish there was a thumbs-side option.  The ambience was pleasant, the service was good, and it was relatively good value considering it's located at the Regent.  But the food was just average (to clarify, that doesn't mean it was bad).  We each had the buffet (appetizer and dessert), and I ordered the scallops main (they were under-done).  With all the other options out there, I probably won't be back.

Sloopoo
 • 12 Aug 2014 22 reviews 0 follower
Detail review and photos:

Had a great time at Basilico during their lunch buffet. Authentic Italian spread with a variety choice of food.

Some of the highlights during my visit:

Seafood creamy pasta, Potato Gnocchi, Vanilla Panna Cotta, Bourbon Creme Brulee, Grilled Chicken, stir fry beef with asparagus, mango sorbet.

Service is attentive by Mr Justin, thumbs up! Had a great dining experience with a great view of the pool.

Must tries: gelato