Reviews for (Closed) Beard Papa

AsianJapanese
angel9

great cream puffs!

Had the original cream puff in Vanilla. Costs about $2.80 for one?

The choux pastry is a bit crispy, a bit chewy, very soft. But there's not enough of it to hold the filling so the filling was leaking everywhere. The pastry is also rather tasteless. Needs some work there. I had to lick most of the filling off the wrapper!

The filling is the best! Could see the Vanilla seeds, which is what I like since it shows they used real Vanilla beans and not fake essence. It's not overly sweet or rich. Just right! I could lick the fillings all day. Maybe they could make it into ice-cream! The filling tasted so fresh and yummy! Forget the pastry!

Rather expensive for just a cream puff. Recommended except for the price.

The service was alright. You order you pay and you walk away. At least the lady smiled a bit and said thank you. Service in singapore is usually deplorable and appalling, if not disgusting.
26 Feb 2011 • 131 reviews • 4 followers

great cream puffs!

Had the original cream puff in Vanilla. Costs about $2.80 for one?

Rather expensive for just a cream puff. Recommended except for the price.

11 Jan 2010 • 884 reviews • 2 followers

Luscious cream puff and cheesecake sticks

Eggy cream fillings stuffed in a fluffy puff crust sprinkled with sugar dusting. For $2.20 per puff, the delicious cream puffs from beard papa never fails to fill me up. I have also tried the chocolate flavoured filling but it resembles more like a diluted milk chocolate semi-liquid drink. Do skip that and go straight for the original cream ones. In addition, cheesecake loves can satisfy that savoury tooth with a mini cheesecake stick that cost around $1.20. Yummy light cheesecake on a crispy bread base, it's a convenient snack on the go. Light on taste and the wallet.
27 Oct 2009 • 14 reviews • 1 follower

Mango Puff - must try!

Been a long time since I had a Beard Papa. So, grabbed their current special, which is the Mango Puff at the Plaza Singapura branch - and it was incredible! Tangy and sweet - wished I could gobble down 5 at a go!

Service could be better though. I was the only customer around since it was late evening and stood in front of the 2 service staff for a long time as they chatted between themselves and took their own sweet *ha!* time to put on their aprons. Only after they're done with whatever they're chatting did one of them decide to entertain me.

A week later, I got the same Mango Puff at Taka. Fresh out of the 'fridge'. So I happily bit into it - it was rock solid. Ouch. Turned out it was straight out from the FREEZER. It'd have been nice if I was tapow-ing it home. The service staff could've warned me about that... so I had to walk around and wait for my Mango Puff to thaw.

But bottomline is: the Mango Puff is really nice (when it's not rock solid).