Beard Papa has closed.

Summary

cream puff original View all

great cream puffs!

Food/Drink 4 | Value 2 | Ambience N/A | Service 3

Had the original cream puff in Vanilla. Costs about $2.80 for one?

The choux pastry is a bit crispy, a bit chewy, very soft. But there's not enough of it to hold the filling so the filling was leaking everywhere. The pastry is also rather tasteless. Needs some work there. I had to lick most of the filling off the wrapper!

The filling is the best! Could see the Vanilla seeds, which is what I like since it shows they used real Vanilla beans and not fake essence. It's not overly sweet or rich. Just right! I could lick the fillings all day. Maybe they could make it into ice-cream! The filling tasted so fresh and yummy! Forget the pastry!

Rather expensive for just a cream puff. Recommended except for the price.

The service was alright. You order you pay and you walk away. At least the lady smiled a bit and said thank you. Service in singapore is usually deplorable and appalling, if not disgusting.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Beard Papa

Luscious cream puff and cheesecake sticks

Eggy cream fillings stuffed in a fluffy puff crust sprinkled with sugar dusting. For $2.20 per puff, the delicious cream puffs from beard papa never fails to fill me up. I have also tried the chocolate flavoured filling but it resembles more like a diluted milk chocolate semi-liquid drink. Do skip that and go straight for the original cream ones. In addition, cheesecake loves can satisfy that savoury tooth with a mini cheesecake stick that cost around $1.20. Yummy light cheesecake on a crispy bread base, it's a convenient snack on the go. Light on taste and the wallet.

Mango Puff - must try!

Food/Drink 4 | Value 3 | Ambience N/A | Service 2

Been a long time since I had a Beard Papa. So, grabbed their current special, which is the Mango Puff at the Plaza Singapura branch - and it was incredible! Tangy and sweet - wished I could gobble down 5 at a go!

Service could be better though. I was the only customer around since it was late evening and stood in front of the 2 service staff for a long time as they chatted between themselves and took their own sweet *ha!* time to put on their aprons. Only after they're done with whatever they're chatting did one of them decide to entertain me.

A week later, I got the same Mango Puff at Taka. Fresh out of the 'fridge'. So I happily bit into it - it was rock solid. Ouch. Turned out it was straight out from the FREEZER. It'd have been nice if I was tapow-ing it home. The service staff could've warned me about that... so I had to walk around and wait for my Mango Puff to thaw.

But bottomline is: the Mango Puff is really nice (when it's not rock solid).

Great for on-the-go sweet tooths.

I bought a lot of times from beard papa, always stuck to their normal cream puffs and chocolate fondants.

Chocolate Fondants:

Contrary to the photos, the core isn't liquid. You need to heat it up urself. But its good quality chocolate. The core is much softer than the outside chocolate layer but not liquid.

Not bad for 2.80$. Normally to have a lava inside, you would pay at least double at a casual dine restaurant.

Cream Puffs Original:

Never tried other flavours. I always prefer original cream.

Freshest cream I've tried. Heavenly. Totally.

Crust could have been better though. Was fluffy with a thin crispy layer. Blends perfectly with the soft cream.

Preferred if crust had mild buttery taste (it was bland/flat)

Really great place for sweet tooths.

I need a patissier to cheer me up

Food/Drink 4 | Value N/A | Ambience N/A | Service N/A

I have a sweet tooth

Contrary to normal beliefs that guys don’t like sweet stuff, I, for one, however proved to be the complete opposite. I like things that make me happy; food that can cheer me up, the happily-ever-after fairytale-like stories, and naturally, sweet nibbles that I always crave for.

The lady took one, from the pile of mountain-stacked high; this was the one destined for me. Poking a hole into the bottom by tucking it in, she pressed the pump; the lovely custard swam into the tiny hole, just big enough, for everything to flow inside.

Dusted with some icing sugar; it was akin like putting on the make-up for the pretty. I was excited by the sticking in and out, with each done, I could barely hide my excitement. And she repeated this process, six times in total.

Do not, I repeat, Do not (note: in bold), share your sweets around, they are not meant to be shared. What’s the point of passing them around, only to feel slightly agonizing over the fact that you are going to have less for yourself?

Stop staring at my cream puff. They are mine, and mine alone.

This, will come down as, one of the toughest decision you will make in your life. Chocolate, vanilla, or strawberrry? And there’s the lovely eclair winking at me, the tiramisu trying to seduce me. It is a land, of temptations. I decided, like what seemed to take an eternity, to go for just half-a-dozen with the chocolate and vanilla flavours. The rest, are my excuses for coming back next time.

And I regretted just getting six.

You are always welcome to visit ladyironchef for a full-up on this trip. Whatever written herein are my genuine feelings expressed in words. Food, my dear, is what they call an adventure!