Review for Bedrock Bar & Grill

AmericanAsianAustralianEuropeanJapaneseSteak and GrillsWestern
fooooooooood • 16 Mar 2012 • 1 Review • 0 Follower

A late valentine's day treat

Headed over to Bedrock Bar and Grill at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites (right next to Marches if you exit 313) to try out their executive lunch as a post valentines day treat. Had pretty high hopes for the place because we saw a friend post pictures of his Tomahawk steak on Facebook and it looked absolutely divine.

We arrived slightly past 1 and there were maybe 4-5 other tables being occupied so they weren't that crowded and service was attentive. The décor was slick and the wooden furniture added to a laid back but sophisticated dining atmosphere.

We decided to get two 2-course meals, one with soup and the other with dessert to share because we weren't feeling that hungry. Topped up from their regular soup of the day to try their French Onion Soup and we weren't disappointed at all! One of the best onion soups I've had in Singapore, almost comparable to the one at Morton's. The gruyere cheese had a certain pungency to it, definitely not your run of the mill mozzarella cheese topping.

Next we decided to try the Grilled Ribeye Steak with Diane Sauce and the Grilled Striploin Steak with anchovy butter. To be honest, the steaks were nothing impressive. Tasted like something I could get at Aston's express at half the price. Maybe I'll be back one day to try the Tomahawk. The Mac and Cheese we ordered as our side was delicious though. It has a nice crust and the ooey gooeyness of the inside still gives me hope for this place.

For dessert we upgraded from dessert of the day to "A Wedge Of Chocolate" which is actually a 85% valrhona flourless chocolate cake. A wedge of chocolate is the perfect name for this cake because that's exactly what you feel like you're eating! The texture of this cake was like a dense chocolate cream, kind of like the texture of a cheesecake but every bite was pure, decadent, rich chocolate. I'd definitely recommend sharing this because it might be a bit too much for one person, as much as I love chocolate.

Overall, I would recommend this place to friends and I will still go back to try whatever else they have to offer. The bedrock crumble for 2 certainly sounds tempting enough ;)
Overall