Summary

Smoked Tomato Soup, The steak selection, Bedrock Pepper Steak, Macaroni cheese, tenderloin, Duck, Hokkaido Scallops & Chorizo, Ribeye cap steak, apple crumble, steaks + fries, tomahawk steak, Bedrock steak, Bone Marrow, Bread with Roasted Garlic, Calamansi Pie, Cheeky Beef pie, Complimentary Bread, Crispy skin seabass, Dark Side, Garlic soup, Ice Cream Sandwhich, Jamon Iberico, Mangalica Pork Collar, Porcini ravioli, Red Wine Pear, Striploin, Truffle Mash sides and Maccoroni Cheese entree/sides, U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye, Whisky Sour, asparagus soup, cauliflower, cauliflower au gratin, duck fat potatoes, flatbread, hot whiskey mustard sauce to go with the steak, inhouse bread, roast pork belly, side dishes, waffles, waygu View all
Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, After Work, Business Dining, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Corporate Events, Children/Family View all

Rocking experience...

My 1st time here and thought it was truly wonderful! We got there early so had a drink outside. The bar service was not that impressive, it was as quick as a snail. That got us a bit apprehensive about the dinner...

As we walked into the restaurant, I just loved the decor. It's so cosy and intimate and yet not formal. I understand why some reviewers said it was good for 1st date. I have to say it's probably one of the few restaurants here that I thought the decor and the ambience were well put together.

As usual, as soon as we sat down, then came the question of what type of water and the arrival of bread. The bread was freshly made pita. You can see it being roll out by a chef at the counter. It is served with roast garlic and butter. Luckily or unluckily, the bread wasn't like wow so that saved us room for the proper food.

I was toying with the idea of onion soup and a smaller portion of main since I am not a big eater. All the steaks are too big for me to eat alone - 12oz minimum size whereas I normally eat 6oz! So I was enquiring about which would be a better option - the steak diane or the roast chicken. The waiter then pointed it out to me that the "steak diane" was in fact an vegetarian dish. The steak was mushroom. Duh! I didn't see that steak written as "steak". Anyhow, he said if I wanted steak, then try out one of the proper ones. I explained it to him that I don't eat a lot so he suggested one of the US steak. However, when I told him that I only eat grass fed beef, he came up with a very good suggestion - we order the 500g t-bone so we could split us amongst the two of us, since my husband was going to have a steak anyway!

I have to say this sort of suggestion comes rarely in restaurants here as most of them are really just "order taking type of waiters" rather than "knowing how to help and serve type of waiters". We were suitably impressed by that. Then, came another good impression - wine of the months tasting before ordering! They have 3 red available and we could try them before deciding which is to order. What a great idea! So we ended up ordering two different types of red and both of us were just happy.

The steak came and it was split into the tenderloin for me and the striploin for my husband. It was well cooked and seasoned. I do enjoy grass fed beef a lot and that's the only type I will cook at home. It's rare to have the grass fed choice in restaurant, specially those who claim themselves as steakhouse - too much US beef influence! We had broccolini and fries as the sides and they were equally tasty. It was one of the few meals that I really enjoyed.

Last but not least, the pudding. Sadly, I was so full up so we just ordered a scoop of vanilla ice cream to clear the palate. I would love to go back to try out the apple crumble as recommended by others.

Bedrock is one of the better steakhouses in town. Prices are so reasonable and i will not hesitate to choose this place rather than those "well recognized" and more popular steak houses.

Most helpful reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

One of the best steaks in Singapore

Probably one of the best steaks in Singapore, better than Wolfgang Puck's Cut, which prices are about 20% more (really cut you like a chai tao).

Excellent Rib eye cap steak cut, although the black pepper sauce tasted like supermarket bought bottled sauce. Signature Whisky Sour is also a must try.

With modern American wood fixtures of the classic steakhouse, Bedrock has a very comforting ambience and excellent staff. Prices are high, but not as high as celebrity restaurants and certainly worth the value.

For the FULL review and photos, hop over here:

If you feel like a caveman

If you feel like unleashing your inner caveman, come over to Bedrock and order their Tomahawk Steak. It's a 400g wagyu steak served along with the prehistoric-looking bone. It fed 5 people and perhaps your dogs if you decided to bring back the bone home. The steak itself is scrumptious and tasty. We had many many sides that accompanied our dinner that day including the mushrooms, spinach, mac&cheese and mashed potatoes. Every single one of them were to die for. Not to mention their shaved jamon for appetizer.

On a separate occasion I came back and decided to have a burger. Really tasty burger cooked to perfection (pink in the inside and juicy). Was not disappointed. Prior to that I ordered their roasted bone marrow which blew my mind. It was just seasoned right with sprinkles of rock salt that was just partially melting on top of the sinful, gelatinous marrow. I was pretty sure I had orgasms in my mouth.

Friendly service, good steak

I was a little apprehensive about dining at Bedrock, because the reviews I'd read made the restaurant seem like more style than substance. But I was pleasantly surprised. The food at Bedrock, especially the steaks, were well done. I can recommend pretty much every thing I tried, from the bone marrow (sinfully rich), the US rib eye (I think) with truffle butter (very sinful but probably missable if you opt for the bearnaise sauce). The service was also friendly and personable, with the staff seeming genuinely interested in having conversations with you. The ambience of the restaurant is very dark wood panelling, but not in an intimidating way. The banquettes are especially cosy. Price wise, you'll probably end up paying less here than you would at a place like Morton's, but still have an excellent hunk of meat.

Good food, but dont park here

I was so lucky to be invited over for dinner by a sweet friend JY.  As I am a lazy person with short legs, I must and have to park in the same building.

I find the place a little too dim for a restaurant... or maybe my age is catching up...oh well.

For starters, i had the Smoked Tomato Soup - $12

This is seriously yummy, especially if you like tomato... slurp~~

JY had a shot of Glendronach 12yrs with soda

For the mains,

I did the Prime Black Angus Tenderloin (medium) with Bearnaise sauce - $49

Yummy, juicy and very tasty. Although just 200g, the portion is a bit too much for me.  Maybe i should had just ordered this and gave my soup a miss.

JY, had a Crispy Skin Barramundi  - $30

The fish comes with olives, caper berries and tomatoes..  Good for a fish lover.  The skin is really crispy and the meat tender.

You should have guess by now that we have no room for desserts ...but we manage to wash down our food with more of the Glendronach 12yrs.  This is really a nice single malt whisky...i dont really know where else this is available thou

To sum up...there is really one last time i need to say, the staff here are all superstars... fantastic service and does not rush you through your meal even though we are one of their last customers to leave.... thumbs up to them!!!

Oh yes...in response to my title, after hours parking that is the per entry is $10....

Great Lunch set offer

To view the full post and pictures, go to:

This time I decided to try out the lunch set which they still offer over weekends. Surprise Surprise, I thought usually lunch sets will only be available during weekdays.

The price for a lunch set which includes steak is $58++, I thought this price was really reasonable for the quality of beef and get an appetizer and dessert of my choice. For non-beef eaters, it is $38++ for non-steak dishes – Chicken and fish were available. They just updated their menu slightly last week so I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.

Char Grilled Baby Gem
I ordered this and it turned out delightfully refreshing with balsamic vinegar. The slightly charred roasted baby gems added a punch on top of its crunchy juicy leaves. I liked the overall flavors mixed together with the grilled bacon. Indeed yum.

Irish Dry Aged Ribeye

Presentation was simple with the Ribeye lying atop a bed of sauteed mushrooms. The Ribeye was well seared on both sides, tender and easy to slice. It was succulent and juicy with every morsel. I managed to finish the entire dish myself, which is rare for me when it comes to steak. I highly recommend this.

Sticky Stout and Toffee Pudding

I always love Sticky Toffee Pudding and this one was accompanied by cool Ginger Nut ice cream. I bit into the warm soft sticky pudding, and the cold ice cream dancing around in my mouth as it melted. The ginger taste added a punch which I thought was really interesting. I cleared this plate within seconds! Truly a comforting dessert!

Lobster Bisque

With so many hits, unfortunately the Lobster Bisque was a miss. It had a bitter after-taste after having a few spoonfuls.

Sliced Woodfire -Grilled NY Steak

The Woodfire Grilled NY Steak was also very well seared on both sides, with a pinkish-reddish hue when sliced open (she ordered medium). The NY Steak was tender but still not as tender as the Irish Dry Age Ribeye. My friend opted for the mashed potatoes instead of fries. That decision was the best decision ever as we both enjoyed the creamy mashed potatoes so much.

Chocolate Profiteroles with Affogato Ice cream

My friend also thoroughly enjoyed the Chocolate Profiteroles with coffee ice cream. And even though she was full from her steak, she managed to finish her entire dessert.

Paying $58++ for appetizer, main and dessert I thought this was a really good deal considering the serving portion wasn’t small and the quality of steak was great. I would definitely come back again for their lunch set if I have another chance. The service staff were very attentive and were constantly checking on us and asking us how the food was.