Summary

Smoked Tomato Soup, The steak selection, Bedrock Pepper Steak, Macaroni cheese, tenderloin, Duck, Hokkaido Scallops & Chorizo, Ribeye cap steak, apple crumble, steaks + fries, tomahawk steak, Bedrock steak, Bone Marrow, Bread with Roasted Garlic, Calamansi Pie, Cheeky Beef pie, Complimentary Bread, Crispy skin seabass, Dark Side, Garlic soup, Ice Cream Sandwhich, Jamon Iberico, Mangalica Pork Collar, Porcini ravioli, Red Wine Pear, Striploin, Truffle Mash sides and Maccoroni Cheese entree/sides, U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye, Whisky Sour, asparagus soup, cauliflower, cauliflower au gratin, duck fat potatoes, flatbread, hot whiskey mustard sauce to go with the steak, inhouse bread, roast pork belly, side dishes, waffles, waygu View all
Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, After Work, Business Dining, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Corporate Events, Children/Family View all

high aspirations...Black Angus reality

Due to the outstanding reviews on HGW, we selected Bedrock over the tried and true high-end steakhouses. Two steaks each, two sides, and wine come to S$360. Would have been average/ok except to two major problems: service and food.

Service: The worst part of the evening. Given menu then waitress later come back and asked us what we wanted. Seriously? no explanation of specials, no recommendations? We had to ask if there was anything that was recommended, and then given a very rushed statement for lady only, with no reason why it was recommended. I first thought that we had a trainee waitress and she didn't know any better, but halfway through the night, the table next to us sat down and were given a warm welcome and full discussion of the menu. I didn't need a show-and-tell like Morton's but Sizzler-like service is inexcusable at this price. No attention throughout the rest of the evening, until they presented us with the bill (while we were still trying to enjoy the last of our wine). We didn't ask for the bill, and were clearly being pushed to leave. No thank you, no nothing when the bill came back. On our way out we noticed it wasn't full and there wasn't anyone waiting in the drinks area. I was incredibly surprised of this rude abruptness and overall negligence of the evening

Food: More surprised by the poor steak. We had a US rib-eye and Aussie rib-eye. They didn't look like the same cut. The Aussie looked like a big block of meet, whilst the US looked like a traditional rib-eye cut. The Aussie brick was difficult to cut, chewy. It was an unpleasant eating experience. The US piece was tender and good to eat. The macaroni and cheese was also good. After struggling to cut the brick, I queried with one of the staff that was running by why the Aussie rib-eye didn't look like a rib-eye cut. Apparently they have their own special cut? A clear explanation wasn't given, but if we had had waitress who was at least partially thoughtful, that could have been explained in the beginning.

We also ordered wine, but there was no information given to us about the wines. They didn't bother asking us if we wanted coffee at the end of the evening. Just gave us the check.

My advice: If you must...only go for lunch and only order the Mac Cheese, but expect third rate service that doesn't match what they aspire to be. Better Advice: If you are on a budget, go to a budget steakhouse listed in HGW website, you will pay a fraction of the price, and won't feel cheated after the meal. If you have a high budget and want grill luxury, go to Morton's. I haven't tried CUTS, but heard they know how to please. Sorry, I want to support locals...but these guys don't cut it.

Most helpful reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

One of the best steaks in Singapore

Probably one of the best steaks in Singapore, better than Wolfgang Puck's Cut, which prices are about 20% more (really cut you like a chai tao).

Excellent Rib eye cap steak cut, although the black pepper sauce tasted like supermarket bought bottled sauce. Signature Whisky Sour is also a must try.

With modern American wood fixtures of the classic steakhouse, Bedrock has a very comforting ambience and excellent staff. Prices are high, but not as high as celebrity restaurants and certainly worth the value.

For the FULL review and photos, hop over here:

If you feel like a caveman

If you feel like unleashing your inner caveman, come over to Bedrock and order their Tomahawk Steak. It's a 400g wagyu steak served along with the prehistoric-looking bone. It fed 5 people and perhaps your dogs if you decided to bring back the bone home. The steak itself is scrumptious and tasty. We had many many sides that accompanied our dinner that day including the mushrooms, spinach, mac&cheese and mashed potatoes. Every single one of them were to die for. Not to mention their shaved jamon for appetizer.

On a separate occasion I came back and decided to have a burger. Really tasty burger cooked to perfection (pink in the inside and juicy). Was not disappointed. Prior to that I ordered their roasted bone marrow which blew my mind. It was just seasoned right with sprinkles of rock salt that was just partially melting on top of the sinful, gelatinous marrow. I was pretty sure I had orgasms in my mouth.

Friendly service, good steak

I was a little apprehensive about dining at Bedrock, because the reviews I'd read made the restaurant seem like more style than substance. But I was pleasantly surprised. The food at Bedrock, especially the steaks, were well done. I can recommend pretty much every thing I tried, from the bone marrow (sinfully rich), the US rib eye (I think) with truffle butter (very sinful but probably missable if you opt for the bearnaise sauce). The service was also friendly and personable, with the staff seeming genuinely interested in having conversations with you. The ambience of the restaurant is very dark wood panelling, but not in an intimidating way. The banquettes are especially cosy. Price wise, you'll probably end up paying less here than you would at a place like Morton's, but still have an excellent hunk of meat.

Good food, but dont park here

I was so lucky to be invited over for dinner by a sweet friend JY.  As I am a lazy person with short legs, I must and have to park in the same building.

I find the place a little too dim for a restaurant... or maybe my age is catching up...oh well.

For starters, i had the Smoked Tomato Soup - $12

This is seriously yummy, especially if you like tomato... slurp~~

JY had a shot of Glendronach 12yrs with soda

For the mains,

I did the Prime Black Angus Tenderloin (medium) with Bearnaise sauce - $49

Yummy, juicy and very tasty. Although just 200g, the portion is a bit too much for me.  Maybe i should had just ordered this and gave my soup a miss.

JY, had a Crispy Skin Barramundi  - $30

The fish comes with olives, caper berries and tomatoes..  Good for a fish lover.  The skin is really crispy and the meat tender.

You should have guess by now that we have no room for desserts ...but we manage to wash down our food with more of the Glendronach 12yrs.  This is really a nice single malt whisky...i dont really know where else this is available thou

To sum up...there is really one last time i need to say, the staff here are all superstars... fantastic service and does not rush you through your meal even though we are one of their last customers to leave.... thumbs up to them!!!

Oh yes...in response to my title, after hours parking that is the per entry is $10....

Great Lunch set offer

To view the full post and pictures, go to:

This time I decided to try out the lunch set which they still offer over weekends. Surprise Surprise, I thought usually lunch sets will only be available during weekdays.

The price for a lunch set which includes steak is $58++, I thought this price was really reasonable for the quality of beef and get an appetizer and dessert of my choice. For non-beef eaters, it is $38++ for non-steak dishes – Chicken and fish were available. They just updated their menu slightly last week so I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.

Char Grilled Baby Gem
I ordered this and it turned out delightfully refreshing with balsamic vinegar. The slightly charred roasted baby gems added a punch on top of its crunchy juicy leaves. I liked the overall flavors mixed together with the grilled bacon. Indeed yum.

Irish Dry Aged Ribeye

Presentation was simple with the Ribeye lying atop a bed of sauteed mushrooms. The Ribeye was well seared on both sides, tender and easy to slice. It was succulent and juicy with every morsel. I managed to finish the entire dish myself, which is rare for me when it comes to steak. I highly recommend this.

Sticky Stout and Toffee Pudding

I always love Sticky Toffee Pudding and this one was accompanied by cool Ginger Nut ice cream. I bit into the warm soft sticky pudding, and the cold ice cream dancing around in my mouth as it melted. The ginger taste added a punch which I thought was really interesting. I cleared this plate within seconds! Truly a comforting dessert!

Lobster Bisque

With so many hits, unfortunately the Lobster Bisque was a miss. It had a bitter after-taste after having a few spoonfuls.

Sliced Woodfire -Grilled NY Steak

The Woodfire Grilled NY Steak was also very well seared on both sides, with a pinkish-reddish hue when sliced open (she ordered medium). The NY Steak was tender but still not as tender as the Irish Dry Age Ribeye. My friend opted for the mashed potatoes instead of fries. That decision was the best decision ever as we both enjoyed the creamy mashed potatoes so much.

Chocolate Profiteroles with Affogato Ice cream

My friend also thoroughly enjoyed the Chocolate Profiteroles with coffee ice cream. And even though she was full from her steak, she managed to finish her entire dessert.

Paying $58++ for appetizer, main and dessert I thought this was a really good deal considering the serving portion wasn’t small and the quality of steak was great. I would definitely come back again for their lunch set if I have another chance. The service staff were very attentive and were constantly checking on us and asking us how the food was.