Back to Bedrock Bar & Grill#01-05, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, 96...

Smoked Tomato Soup5 votes

Corporate Events4 votes

Feathergirl
 • 29 Nov 2010 65 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I have heard many a rave reviews about this place and been bugging J to go along with me. We finally paid Bedrock a visit last Saturday.I have not been to morton's so I have nothing to compare to. Price wise was reasonable (to me). We had US striploin, ribeye, duck fat potatoes, wagyu bone marrow and the Bedrock crumble for 2. We asked for our steaks to be done medium rare. My striploin turned out perfect, with pretty grilled marks on the surface and the inside still juicy and rare. Wow. That was all I said after taking the first bite. The ribeye was overcooked, the insides pink and towards well done. We considered to request for a change, but did not as we were in a slight rush. Duck fat potatoes were sinfully good. Fluffy potato cubes fried in duck fat. Yums. The bone marrow was a little disappointing. The portion was tiny. In addition, I thought that the spring onions were an overkill as they totally masked the taste of the bone marrow. I won't order it the next time round. Bedrock crumble for 2 was not bad, the walnut streusel added a crunch to the dessert but I preferred their waffles (which I had the night before). The place was very noisy and informal, which I kind of prefer as compared to a quiet and formal place where you can hear a pin drop. There is no problems having a conversation there and laughing your head off. Will definitely visit the place again.... soon!

Must tries: Striploin, waffles

Lunch, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, After Work, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy

coffeechee
 • 27 Nov 2010 56 reviews 3 followers
Overall
I would not say that Morton was not good, Morton will still top on my list ofor good steak. However, if I have a budget constraint and is craving for good steak, I will go to Bedrock.

A 200g beef tenderloin at $69. You have to pay to add sides, or sauce or toppings.

Beef was juicy and tender, and 200g was just nice for me. 400g will be an overkill and will result in diminishing marginal return.

Dessert was normal. Nothing to shout about.

Wine was great and compliment the steak.

Service wise, waitress was nervous, but friendly. Manager was a bit stiff though.

For photographers, they allow cameras, but I was scolded by the table next to me for the strong flash! Oops

Dinner, Quiet

rubblyintumbly
 • 04 Nov 2010 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Morton's doesnt open for lunch so we tried Bedrock for the first time about a month ago. Colleagues have given good reviews about this place and its meant to be as good as Morton's but more reasonably priced.

We ordered 2 garlic soups, the Tomahawk steak that was shared between 4 and a variety of sides. Garlic soup was flavourful and rich..I had to consciously stop myself from having too much of it as it went really well with the complimentary fresh baked bread with roasted garlic. I agree that the garlic was kind of blend, it needed a bit more bite but it was still a nice alternative to butter or olive oil/balsamic.

Our tomahawk steak weighed 1.6kg out of which 400g was bone. It was still plenty to eat and I am glad I had the other 3 gentlemen who were good eaters. It would have gone down nicely with a bottle of cab sav but given that we had to return to work, we stayed on water. Sides of spinach, creamed truffle mash and mushrooms went really well with the meal. We walked out feeling totally satiated and will fully recommend this place to steak lovers.

Must tries: Garlic soup, tomahawk steak

Lunch, Dinner, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Quiet