Summary

Smoked Tomato Soup, The steak selection, Bedrock Pepper Steak, Macaroni cheese, tenderloin, Duck, Hokkaido Scallops & Chorizo, Ribeye cap steak, apple crumble, steaks + fries, tomahawk steak, Bedrock steak, Bone Marrow, Bread with Roasted Garlic, Calamansi Pie, Cheeky Beef pie, Complimentary Bread, Crispy skin seabass, Dark Side, Garlic soup, Ice Cream Sandwhich, Jamon Iberico, Mangalica Pork Collar, Porcini ravioli, Red Wine Pear, Striploin, Truffle Mash sides and Maccoroni Cheese entree/sides, U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye, Whisky Sour, asparagus soup, cauliflower, cauliflower au gratin, duck fat potatoes, flatbread, hot whiskey mustard sauce to go with the steak, inhouse bread, roast pork belly, side dishes, waffles, waygu View all
Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, After Work, Business Dining, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Corporate Events, Children/Family View all

Great Lunch set offer

To view the full post and pictures, go to:

This time I decided to try out the lunch set which they still offer over weekends. Surprise Surprise, I thought usually lunch sets will only be available during weekdays.

The price for a lunch set which includes steak is $58++, I thought this price was really reasonable for the quality of beef and get an appetizer and dessert of my choice. For non-beef eaters, it is $38++ for non-steak dishes – Chicken and fish were available. They just updated their menu slightly last week so I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.

Char Grilled Baby Gem
I ordered this and it turned out delightfully refreshing with balsamic vinegar. The slightly charred roasted baby gems added a punch on top of its crunchy juicy leaves. I liked the overall flavors mixed together with the grilled bacon. Indeed yum.

Irish Dry Aged Ribeye

Presentation was simple with the Ribeye lying atop a bed of sauteed mushrooms. The Ribeye was well seared on both sides, tender and easy to slice. It was succulent and juicy with every morsel. I managed to finish the entire dish myself, which is rare for me when it comes to steak. I highly recommend this.

Sticky Stout and Toffee Pudding

I always love Sticky Toffee Pudding and this one was accompanied by cool Ginger Nut ice cream. I bit into the warm soft sticky pudding, and the cold ice cream dancing around in my mouth as it melted. The ginger taste added a punch which I thought was really interesting. I cleared this plate within seconds! Truly a comforting dessert!

Lobster Bisque

With so many hits, unfortunately the Lobster Bisque was a miss. It had a bitter after-taste after having a few spoonfuls.

Sliced Woodfire -Grilled NY Steak

The Woodfire Grilled NY Steak was also very well seared on both sides, with a pinkish-reddish hue when sliced open (she ordered medium). The NY Steak was tender but still not as tender as the Irish Dry Age Ribeye. My friend opted for the mashed potatoes instead of fries. That decision was the best decision ever as we both enjoyed the creamy mashed potatoes so much.

Chocolate Profiteroles with Affogato Ice cream

My friend also thoroughly enjoyed the Chocolate Profiteroles with coffee ice cream. And even though she was full from her steak, she managed to finish her entire dessert.

Paying $58++ for appetizer, main and dessert I thought this was a really good deal considering the serving portion wasn’t small and the quality of steak was great. I would definitely come back again for their lunch set if I have another chance. The service staff were very attentive and were constantly checking on us and asking us how the food was.

Most helpful reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

the reason why i signed up for Hungrygowhere!

A couple of friends and I decided to venture away from the usual Morton's steak dinner and try out Bedrock. All in all a great experience without overdoing anything that it even compelled me to sign up on this site to write a review. The breakdown:

Service -

Very pleasant wait staff. All of us were running 30 minutes late and on a packed Wednesday night, we were neither rushed or nagged about our reservations.

Food -

Starters: "Jamon", a spanish cured ham so good we ordered another serving. fantastic.

Main: Four of us split the "Tomahawk", a massive 1.6kg longbone ribeye. I've never been a fan of a table steak, but we took a chance. Surprisingly, the steak was cooked to a perfection of medium rare that all steaks should strive for !

Sides: Thoroughly enjoyed the sides. Every steak house meal should be accompanied with the cream of spinach. Two thumbs up for not overcooking the spinach. The mac and cheese is a MUST!

Dessert : Apple crumble. Enough said!

Still Great

Still great, been to bedrock a couple of times already.  Last trip down prior to last thrusday was actually in Jun 09 but glad to see that things haven't changed much, the service is still top class, the atmosphere in the restaurant is unlike any other.  Gives one a feeling of being like in a smokey steakhouse.  For dinner on thursday, we had :-

3 tomato soup and 1 french onion soup, 3 fresh oysters.

2 pepper steak, a lamb and a 400gms ribeye (I think).

sides included mac and cheese, fries and asparagus.  also had the marrow and foie gras.

drinks included the beer, mojito and a latte at the end.

also shared the apple crumble.

In truth, it was way too much food and we had to doggy the lamb but once again, bedrock did not disappoint.  Was very glad to see that in spite of the popularity gain since it started, bedrock has not waive in its commitment to qualty and service.  If only they would increase their beer selection and sort out a proper place for smokers.  Quite stupid to have to stand beside the main road to have a puff.

Nice mash

I arrived early for dinner. Ordered a beer or two and sat outside the restaurant for some people watching. They didn't have Coopers Pale Ale so the wait staff walked across the mall to the other restaurant and retrieved it for me.

Ambience was spot on for a steak restaurant (for me anyway) and all the people around us seemed to be enjoying the experience there. I am still trying to figure out why every restaurant I visit, there is always someone taking a shot of their plate of food. Singaporeans don't normally cook at home so I am guessing they want to post it here? ;-)

Anyway, the Tomahawk table steak was good for Singapore although not the best steak I've had when compared with US and Australian locations. The maccoroni cheese and truffle mash were major highlights. If you can eat mash or even mildly tolerate it, do not go pass the mash. You won't regret it.

Wine list was a little small. What our wait staff recommended was not bad. None of the wait staff referred us to a sommelier so I am guessing they didn't have one. Sipped on expresso (good) and Lemon Cello at the end. I do prefer my lemon cello chilled. Theirs were not by default so I had it fixed with a glass of ice.

Service was good. Not a fine dining experience but very attentive.

Overall, I would go back and recommend this place to anyone that needs a beef fix.

Good Steak Place

Very solid restaurant.  I've been there about 5 times now, and each time I've left happy with both the food and service.  I must say that I think that service is one of the strong points of Bedrock, the servers are some of the most knowledgable servers that I've come acrross in Singapore.  The steaks are good, cooked properly, and the side's are great.  The ribeye that I usually order is fantastic, and the truffle mash and the mac and cheese are must tries.

Tender pork steak

Sliding into one of the comfy leather booths, I asked a waiter for recommendation as it was my first time dining at Bedrock Bar & Grill. I was recommended their specialty steaks - Porterhouse Duroc Pork Steak, a lovely change from my usual beef steaks. Whisky lovers will love their whisky bar that stocks a variety of the liquor.