Summary

Smoked Tomato Soup, The steak selection, Bedrock Pepper Steak, Macaroni cheese, tenderloin, Duck, Hokkaido Scallops & Chorizo, Ribeye cap steak, apple crumble, steaks + fries, tomahawk steak, Bedrock steak, Bone Marrow, Bread with Roasted Garlic, Calamansi Pie, Cheeky Beef pie, Complimentary Bread, Crispy skin seabass, Dark Side, Garlic soup, Ice Cream Sandwhich, Jamon Iberico, Mangalica Pork Collar, Porcini ravioli, Red Wine Pear, Striploin, Truffle Mash sides and Maccoroni Cheese entree/sides, U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye, Whisky Sour, asparagus soup, cauliflower, cauliflower au gratin, duck fat potatoes, flatbread, hot whiskey mustard sauce to go with the steak, inhouse bread, roast pork belly, side dishes, waffles, waygu View all
Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, After Work, Business Dining, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Corporate Events, Children/Family View all

Great Lunch set offer

To view the full post and pictures, go to:

This time I decided to try out the lunch set which they still offer over weekends. Surprise Surprise, I thought usually lunch sets will only be available during weekdays.

The price for a lunch set which includes steak is $58++, I thought this price was really reasonable for the quality of beef and get an appetizer and dessert of my choice. For non-beef eaters, it is $38++ for non-steak dishes – Chicken and fish were available. They just updated their menu slightly last week so I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.

Char Grilled Baby Gem
I ordered this and it turned out delightfully refreshing with balsamic vinegar. The slightly charred roasted baby gems added a punch on top of its crunchy juicy leaves. I liked the overall flavors mixed together with the grilled bacon. Indeed yum.

Irish Dry Aged Ribeye

Presentation was simple with the Ribeye lying atop a bed of sauteed mushrooms. The Ribeye was well seared on both sides, tender and easy to slice. It was succulent and juicy with every morsel. I managed to finish the entire dish myself, which is rare for me when it comes to steak. I highly recommend this.

Sticky Stout and Toffee Pudding

I always love Sticky Toffee Pudding and this one was accompanied by cool Ginger Nut ice cream. I bit into the warm soft sticky pudding, and the cold ice cream dancing around in my mouth as it melted. The ginger taste added a punch which I thought was really interesting. I cleared this plate within seconds! Truly a comforting dessert!

Lobster Bisque

With so many hits, unfortunately the Lobster Bisque was a miss. It had a bitter after-taste after having a few spoonfuls.

Sliced Woodfire -Grilled NY Steak

The Woodfire Grilled NY Steak was also very well seared on both sides, with a pinkish-reddish hue when sliced open (she ordered medium). The NY Steak was tender but still not as tender as the Irish Dry Age Ribeye. My friend opted for the mashed potatoes instead of fries. That decision was the best decision ever as we both enjoyed the creamy mashed potatoes so much.

Chocolate Profiteroles with Affogato Ice cream

My friend also thoroughly enjoyed the Chocolate Profiteroles with coffee ice cream. And even though she was full from her steak, she managed to finish her entire dessert.

Paying $58++ for appetizer, main and dessert I thought this was a really good deal considering the serving portion wasn’t small and the quality of steak was great. I would definitely come back again for their lunch set if I have another chance. The service staff were very attentive and were constantly checking on us and asking us how the food was.

Most helpful reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

Lunch on 26th Mar 10, Fri

Dining in a high quality restaurant is generally an expensive matter, except during Restaurant Week from 22nd - 28th of March.

Having been to Oriole more than a couple of times, I’d always fantasized and hoped for a chance to dine next door at Bedrock one of these days, especially after reading the various raves on HGW and I had been craving for meat since my trip to Morton’s in Feb. Finally, the perfect excuse came in the form of Restaurant Week, and I asked my sis if she was keen to check some steak out. So it happened. My 4th and final stop for Restaurant Week.

Now that 313@Somerset is opened and situated right next to Pan Pac Suites, the whole area was bustling with human traffic, unlike the previous time I was there last year when it was so much quieter.

As I was brought to our table, I walked through a bar-cum-waiting area, along a short narrow passage lighted with candles, past the open concept marble top counter with the kitchen behind it. The decor of the place had a semblance of a Western cowboy ranch.

Lunch Menu $25++

Soup

Bedrock Smoked Tomate Soup,

Applewood smoked Tomato Soup, basil Mascarpone

Main

Grilled 150 days Grain Fed Ribeye Fillet Steak (150gr)

Handcut Fries, Black Pepper Sauce

Dessert

The Dark Side

Valrhona 85% dark cacoa flourless cake, sour creme

Complimentary bread bore a striking resemblance to the Indian naan and was served with butter and a beheaded clove of garlic. I didn’t like the chalky exterior of the carbo and stopped after each bite into dipping into the various spread/dip/ tomato soup. My sis liked it very much that she finished hers and mine up.

After taking a sip of the much lauded Bedrock Smoked Tomato Soup, I must say I was rather disappointed. I didn’t really liked the sourish, smoky, tangy sapor to the soup. Needless to say, I disregarded it after that single sip.

The Ribeye steak was grilled perfectly to my request of medium rare. Thoroughly pink and tender with fine texture on the inside, the grain fed meat was competent and well marbled with fats. The straight cut fries were crispy and well-seasoned.

The Dark Side was presented on a white long plate as a slab of brownie which had a nice chewiness to the cake. One of the best chocolatey dessert I had in ages. Indeed, may the force be with me as I lost myself entirely while indulging in the sinful dessert. I wiped the entire plate clean.

Service was cautious and cordial. And I don’t blame the wait staff. They were pretty friendly at first until they saw that I was having a tiff with my sis and gave us space while we were busy sharpening our cat claws and snapping each other’s head off. They did come by to top up our choice of waters with polite smiles once they saw that the storm had blew over and we were chatting in our relaxed mode.

Although the overall experience had been pleasant but the reality was far from expectations with the copious eulogizing going on at HGW. I guess I may need to try other items from the menu before forming a more definitive opinion of the chophouse. I wouldn't mind another chance for Bedrock to impress me again.

Very Good... a few steps away from Great

I was very impressed with the menu, small, but well rounded and creative for a traditional style steak house intent.  The Bone Marrow is an absolute winner... only a few places in Singapore even have this, and Bedrock ROCKS this dish!  Perfectly prepared in the traditional French Bistro style and trimmings.  The steaks are very good and well cooked (not the same quality beef of a Morton's, but certainly very good).  Try the "Tomahawk" steak if you're hungry and dining with true carnivores.  A good, but not great wine list.  The prices are very reasonable for the quality meal and atmosphere.  The staff there are quite good, the manager and assistant manger (recruited from another Singapore steakhouse) are very generous with their time and the staff is attentive, efficient and friendly.  The place is smaller than most good steakhouses, so make reservations are especially important at this one (like all good restaurants).  Don't take your kids to this place... it's a nice adult place atmosphere.

the reason why i signed up for Hungrygowhere!

A couple of friends and I decided to venture away from the usual Morton's steak dinner and try out Bedrock. All in all a great experience without overdoing anything that it even compelled me to sign up on this site to write a review. The breakdown:

Service -

Very pleasant wait staff. All of us were running 30 minutes late and on a packed Wednesday night, we were neither rushed or nagged about our reservations.

Food -

Starters: "Jamon", a spanish cured ham so good we ordered another serving. fantastic.

Main: Four of us split the "Tomahawk", a massive 1.6kg longbone ribeye. I've never been a fan of a table steak, but we took a chance. Surprisingly, the steak was cooked to a perfection of medium rare that all steaks should strive for !

Sides: Thoroughly enjoyed the sides. Every steak house meal should be accompanied with the cream of spinach. Two thumbs up for not overcooking the spinach. The mac and cheese is a MUST!

Dessert : Apple crumble. Enough said!

Still Great

Still great, been to bedrock a couple of times already.  Last trip down prior to last thrusday was actually in Jun 09 but glad to see that things haven't changed much, the service is still top class, the atmosphere in the restaurant is unlike any other.  Gives one a feeling of being like in a smokey steakhouse.  For dinner on thursday, we had :-

3 tomato soup and 1 french onion soup, 3 fresh oysters.

2 pepper steak, a lamb and a 400gms ribeye (I think).

sides included mac and cheese, fries and asparagus.  also had the marrow and foie gras.

drinks included the beer, mojito and a latte at the end.

also shared the apple crumble.

In truth, it was way too much food and we had to doggy the lamb but once again, bedrock did not disappoint.  Was very glad to see that in spite of the popularity gain since it started, bedrock has not waive in its commitment to qualty and service.  If only they would increase their beer selection and sort out a proper place for smokers.  Quite stupid to have to stand beside the main road to have a puff.

Nice mash

I arrived early for dinner. Ordered a beer or two and sat outside the restaurant for some people watching. They didn't have Coopers Pale Ale so the wait staff walked across the mall to the other restaurant and retrieved it for me.

Ambience was spot on for a steak restaurant (for me anyway) and all the people around us seemed to be enjoying the experience there. I am still trying to figure out why every restaurant I visit, there is always someone taking a shot of their plate of food. Singaporeans don't normally cook at home so I am guessing they want to post it here? ;-)

Anyway, the Tomahawk table steak was good for Singapore although not the best steak I've had when compared with US and Australian locations. The maccoroni cheese and truffle mash were major highlights. If you can eat mash or even mildly tolerate it, do not go pass the mash. You won't regret it.

Wine list was a little small. What our wait staff recommended was not bad. None of the wait staff referred us to a sommelier so I am guessing they didn't have one. Sipped on expresso (good) and Lemon Cello at the end. I do prefer my lemon cello chilled. Theirs were not by default so I had it fixed with a glass of ice.

Service was good. Not a fine dining experience but very attentive.

Overall, I would go back and recommend this place to anyone that needs a beef fix.