Reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Good Place

This is a great place for date night. Service and food are both very good. Tomato soup is a must try. The steaks are not cheap but thats the pirce for fine dining these days. Including 2 galsses of house pour each we spent $110 each.
• 20 Mar 2015 • 8 reviews • 0 follower

Steak is good but not for the price, and the sides are rather ordinary :/

Overall
It was good but for the price, I was not sufficiently wowed. The full review may be found here.

Service was great – attentive and pro-active with the recommendations – and the ambience is cosy and romantic with comfortable booth seating at the periphery, with just the right amount of space to lend a comfortable level of chatter from guests and yet maintain privacy. In my opinion, Wooloomooloo Steakhouse is better value, equally cosy, and with equally fantastic service.
• 14 Feb 2015 • 299 reviews • 21 followers

Slightly Above Average at Best

For the complete Chubby Botak Koala experience, click here:

A quick google search for a top 10 steakhouse in Singapore, 99% chance Bedrock Bar & Grill ('Bedrock') will be listed as one of them. Bedrock pride itself to serve the finest cuts of steak and whisky, so you are not wrong to expect impeccable service here.

We were seated on the first table after the wine chiller. From here, we can get a clear view of the food bar where the cold dish are prepared. There is a rustic feel to this set up, however I personally find it lacks the classy finishing touch in the furnishing department. Also the distance between the tables are just to close, we actually struggling to hear ourself chatting because the next table was too rowdy.

For starter we had Bedrock Smoked Tomato Soup ($16). True to its name, the tomato soup has a pleasant smokey flavour, with a smooth and creamy taste to it. SH and LD enjoyed it. Complimentary flat bread was served warm and it goes down well with the rich butter. I skipped the roasted garlic as it is not to my liking.

We shared the mains of U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye – 300g ($96), U.S.D.A Prime tenderloin - 240g ($89) and Mangalica Pork Collar – 300g ($59). All cooked to Medium. The Rib Eye was thick and with good marbling. Cooked to medium as per order. It is lightly seasoned, tender but slightly chewy considering it was dry aged.

My appetite for good porkie seems to have grown. Mangalica Pork Collar here represent a good cut. Although some might say it is a little fat, similar to the marbling in the beef, the pork just melts in your mouth.

For sides, duck fat potatoes ($16) was good, are crispy on the outside and moist inside. It has a nice golden brown colour which looks very appetizing. Seasoning was just right. The same can be said about the fries. Sautéed mushrooms ($18) and creamed spinach ($18) did not leave a lasting impression. The mushroom tasted dry and bland. It can be better with a dollop or two of butter to polish up the dish. Meanwhile the creamed spinach, they did not use baby spinach thus it tasted a bit bitter.

Desserts review, click here.

Service really need to be improved. Based on the price charged, we expect a fine dining standard of service. However, we found the basic service etiquette was missing. Friendly smile, attentiveness and providing good recommendations seems have been booted out the door. There are times when we feel that the service staff are looking down at you instead. I sincerely hope the management can look into this.

Overall, I respect the passion that Bedrock has to allow the ingredients to speak for itself. However, when it comes to fine dining, the taste and overall experience are still the most important factors. Comparing to other steakhouses in Singapore that I visited before, a lot of work need to be done to improve the standard here. Will I be back? Unlikely. Cheers!!
  • Bedrock Bar & Grill