Back to Bedrock Bar & Grill#01-05, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, 96...

Smoked Tomato Soup5 votes

Happy 49th Birthday Singapore!. Other deals are available, find out more

Peter Rabbit
 • 30 May 2010 1 review 0 follower
Overall
We had a wonderful meal here one Sat evening. The food and wine were great but we were most impressed with the service. The staff were attentive, knowledgeable and efficient.

We would recommend this restaurant to anyone and we would certainly come back again

Sorry, but good service is hard to find on the island so when you do find it, we should all enjoy it!

inSing.com Editor
 • 21 Apr 2010 414 reviews 31 followers
Overall
I finally made it to lunch at Bedrock Bar & Grill… one year late but better late than never. Located at the Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, the newly crowned “best new restaurant for 2010” by Singapore Tatler certainly lives up to its title. As a single malt drinker, I couldn’t help but notice the wall of whisky bottles as I entered the restaurant. I was told the collection comprises premium whiskies sourced from all over the world, and lockers are available if I wished to purchase a bottle to leave at the restaurant for my future visits.

The clever use of wood and concrete, along with hanging pots and pans decorating the open kitchen area, created a cosy and warm ambience that is unpretentious yet sophisticated. Looks aside, what matters is the food. We were on to a great start with the appetisers -- smoked tomato soup ($12) and whisky trout salad ($18). The tomato soup packed a punch, thanks to the applewood-smoked tomatoes that gave it the extra flavours. The house cured ocean trout was tasty without being too salty and came served on a bed of mesclun leaves, pine nuts and orange slices, topped with single malt dressing. The warm flat bread served with fresh olive oil dip and roasted garlic bulbs on the side has definitely set new standards for garlic bread.

Moving on to the mains, it was all about meat! The dry aged strip loin (something you can find only at good steak houses, $68 for 250g) was delicious with the special Bedrock chilli oil. There are three other sauces available with the grilled meat dishes - pinot noir reduction, classic béarnaise and hot whisky mustard. For a non-beef option, we also tried the slow roasted pork belly with bourbon mustard sauce ($25).

For desserts, we went for a double whammy with the apple crumble for two ($20) and the apple tart tartin (only available as part of the set lunch, $35 for three courses). Delectable as it may be, I wished there was more crumble. As for tart tartin, it is hard to go wrong when you combine caramelised apple with a puff pastry.

Bedrock, as the name suggests, is all about the fundamentals. I think this joint is on its way to big success if it continues offering consistently good food with great service.

-- Marie Choo

yummyheidi
 • 06 Apr 2010 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Was there with my husband on a Monday and was surprise to see the place 90% occupied. Wonderful service, warm & friendly staffs, yummy food... I will definitely visit again as I didnt get the chance to try out their signature apple crumble!

Must tries: hot whiskey mustard sauce to go with the steak

Lunch, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Girls Night Out, After Work, Private Dining, Quiet