Summary

Smoked Tomato Soup, The steak selection, Bedrock Pepper Steak, Macaroni cheese, tenderloin, Duck, Hokkaido Scallops & Chorizo, Ribeye cap steak, apple crumble, steaks + fries, tomahawk steak, Bedrock steak, Bone Marrow, Bread with Roasted Garlic, Calamansi Pie, Cheeky Beef pie, Complimentary Bread, Crispy skin seabass, Dark Side, Garlic soup, Ice Cream Sandwhich, Jamon Iberico, Mangalica Pork Collar, Porcini ravioli, Red Wine Pear, Striploin, Truffle Mash sides and Maccoroni Cheese entree/sides, U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye, Whisky Sour, asparagus soup, cauliflower, cauliflower au gratin, duck fat potatoes, flatbread, hot whiskey mustard sauce to go with the steak, inhouse bread, roast pork belly, side dishes, waffles, waygu View all
Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, After Work, Business Dining, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Corporate Events, Children/Family View all

Great Lunch set offer

To view the full post and pictures, go to:

This time I decided to try out the lunch set which they still offer over weekends. Surprise Surprise, I thought usually lunch sets will only be available during weekdays.

The price for a lunch set which includes steak is $58++, I thought this price was really reasonable for the quality of beef and get an appetizer and dessert of my choice. For non-beef eaters, it is $38++ for non-steak dishes – Chicken and fish were available. They just updated their menu slightly last week so I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.

Char Grilled Baby Gem
I ordered this and it turned out delightfully refreshing with balsamic vinegar. The slightly charred roasted baby gems added a punch on top of its crunchy juicy leaves. I liked the overall flavors mixed together with the grilled bacon. Indeed yum.

Irish Dry Aged Ribeye

Presentation was simple with the Ribeye lying atop a bed of sauteed mushrooms. The Ribeye was well seared on both sides, tender and easy to slice. It was succulent and juicy with every morsel. I managed to finish the entire dish myself, which is rare for me when it comes to steak. I highly recommend this.

Sticky Stout and Toffee Pudding

I always love Sticky Toffee Pudding and this one was accompanied by cool Ginger Nut ice cream. I bit into the warm soft sticky pudding, and the cold ice cream dancing around in my mouth as it melted. The ginger taste added a punch which I thought was really interesting. I cleared this plate within seconds! Truly a comforting dessert!

Lobster Bisque

With so many hits, unfortunately the Lobster Bisque was a miss. It had a bitter after-taste after having a few spoonfuls.

Sliced Woodfire -Grilled NY Steak

The Woodfire Grilled NY Steak was also very well seared on both sides, with a pinkish-reddish hue when sliced open (she ordered medium). The NY Steak was tender but still not as tender as the Irish Dry Age Ribeye. My friend opted for the mashed potatoes instead of fries. That decision was the best decision ever as we both enjoyed the creamy mashed potatoes so much.

Chocolate Profiteroles with Affogato Ice cream

My friend also thoroughly enjoyed the Chocolate Profiteroles with coffee ice cream. And even though she was full from her steak, she managed to finish her entire dessert.

Paying $58++ for appetizer, main and dessert I thought this was a really good deal considering the serving portion wasn’t small and the quality of steak was great. I would definitely come back again for their lunch set if I have another chance. The service staff were very attentive and were constantly checking on us and asking us how the food was.

Most helpful reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

Bedrock For Dinner On 6 November 2009

Food/Drink 5 | Value N/A | Ambience 4 | Service 5

Went back to Bedrock today with the wife at the invitation of Mr. Kevin Khoo, The Manager. Items ordered were:

- half dozen oysters

- 2 X Australian ribeyes done medium, one with the pinot noir reduction and the other with the hot whisky mustard

- truffle fries

- rocket salad

- black forest dome for dessert

- 2 X San Pellegrino /w lemon slices

The wife had the oysters and commented that they were very fresh and delicious. I must also say that they are some of the biggest live oysters I have ever seen. The ribeyes were done perfectly this time round and the sides were wonderful. I am really glad I decided to try the hot whiskey mustard instead of sticking the black pepper sauce, which I really liked too. The truffle fries were excellent and I would return just for the fries alone! The rocket salad was decent, ordinary possibly, but no complains from me as one mediocre side out of an outstanding full steak dinner is definitely acceptable. The black forest dome was really rich but very satisfying if shared and accompanied by a strong cup of espresson/coffee or tea.

Overall, this evening's dining experience was what I expected from all the rave reviews and I was not disappointed at all. The Manager appears to be a soft spoken gentleman who gets the job done. Our previous less than satisfying dining experience was followed by a personal apologetic phone call and invitation by him within the hour.

I would definitely return in the near future. Thanks Kevin!

Bedrock For Dinner On 30 October 2009

Typically, I would wait 6 months after a restaurant opens so that they can smooth out opening kinks before trying them. However, I have read/heard enough good things about Bedrock to make an exception.

Service was good but the Indian waiter's attempt at a Morton-ish menu presentation was marred by his thick accent and was comical at best. The wife and I both ordered the Pepper Steak. Her's was ordered medium-well and mine medium but they both turned out beyond well-done at the point of serving. Having the steak served on a sizzling plate only made things worse as by the time I finished half of my steak, the other half was just too tough.

To be fair, the Captain did offer to change my steak but I politely declined. For a steakhouse to mess up both steaks on a 2 steak order was just inexcuseable. The shoe string fries were good but nothing to write home to mama about. The sauteed mushrooms were decent too although a little bland. For dessert, we ordered the Crumble For Two and this was disappointing too. The crumble tasted a little burnt and the filling was not sweet enough for a dessert. A little more cinnamom might have helped too.

The best item we ordered was deinitely my trusty San Pellegrino. In the end, one steak was waived from our bill although I did not make any fuss over the overcooked steaks. May return to try them in 3 months only because there is a lack of decently priced quality steakhouses around. In the meantime, it's back to Morton's to clean my palate...

Pretty average if not for the service

Ambience - Had a birthday dinner here & its too dim! Even if I came here for a romantic dinner, I hate not being able to see what I'm eating.. i even accidentally put a detested beetroot in my mouth! Anyway, we were the first customers at 7.15pm & the rest of the guests streamed in around 8.30pm. Service was great tho', very polite, very prompt *two thumbs up*

Food - had my bday at Morton's a year ago (what to do? i love my steaks!) so the tenderloin left me wanting.. Pork belly was average, the lauded smoked tomato soup was too watery for my taste, truffled Mac & Cheese was yummy-licious & creamed spinach..hmm.. like that lor.. Black Forest cake was rich & not too sweet + my complimentary bday cake was pretty standard (their bday song was a nice touch)

Bill - $121 after 10% Citibank promo..

Conclusion - usually we always burst at the end of celebratory meals but 3 gals with average appetites, sharing a soup, 2 mains, 2 sides, & 2 desserts AND 6 slices of naan didn't really satisfy us.. well, me at least. Sorry Bedrock, you've seen the last of us..

(sorry for the poor pictures, i suck at photography!)

Excellent Dining Experience

It was my wife's birthday and I booked a table.

We were greeted at the entrance and quickly shown to our seats. I like the internal decor and the lighting is just right for a nice romantic dinner.

Then the waiter came and patiently explained the menu to us. Very impressed with his knowledge in the menu items and I took all of his recommendations:

1) Wood smoked tomato soup

2) Waygu beef tenderlion with 4 sauces

3) Grilled pork belly

4) Some imported bean

5) A bottle of red wine from Napa Valley

6) A slice of chocolate fudge cake (complimentary birthday item)

The food was near to excellent though my wife found the steak a bit too salty (I think it's the whisky mustard sauce).

What impressed me most is the service. The service staff were friendly and knowledgeable.

Bedrock

In short, it was a wonderful experience, the complimentary bread is freshly baked (taste excellent) The steaks were juicy and tender, nicely cooked to the correct texture both of us wanted. My partner - Australian Ribeye Myself - US Tenderloin Good portion. The ambience is nice. The service was "too good". Too much attention from everyone checking if "Everything was OK". We had, 1x Soup for starter (shared, as we are small eater) 2x Steaks 1x Fries for side (shared, again) Spend = less than $140 in total.